Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jloosli
    I don't have the DUN patch installed and the bluetooth control does not work for me (neither !scb0! nor !scb1!). I have verified that the display command and radio commands work.

One other suggestion: It would be great to be able to set up a default meeting setup, so I could always have my ringer automatically go to vibrate while in a meeting (without having to add the string to the appointment). You could do something for all appointments, or be able to set a default per calendar category (vibrate for business, extra loud for party, etc.)
    Based on category names? That's a good idea! Right now I was using the templates within DateBk5 but I like your idea. I'll think about the implementation for a day or so and then try to add it.

Jeff
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    can you include led control, similar to what ledoff offers.
    Do you want to vary the LED behavior based on different times of the day? Hadn't thought of that. I have always just set mine and forgot about it.

Thgouths?? I would rather not just replace the functionality of LedOff - it works great. I use it.

Jeff
    thanks, I will continue to use ledoff
    Treoing & Loving it
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    thanks, I will continue to use ledoff
    No problem. I would be glad to take a look at this solution if you really think you would want to control the LED based on a schedule.

Jeff
    I haven't extensively tested this, but my Treo650 will reset if I send the command !SCps0v0! when 'Sound Mode Off' in the Phone Alerts area is set to Vibrate (when the Silent Mode switch is turned on, the phone will Vibrate).
    Also, 'Zero volume gets vibrate set' is not checked.

There are some cases where I want to set this scenario and don't see how:
    Sound switch on: Alert 0, Vibrate 0
    Sound switch off: Vibrate 1
    (I do this while at work and only want to have the BT headset ring.)

Does the vibrate setting control BOTH modes of the switch at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

I am searching for a unique way of creating profiles and switching between them. I am open to any suggestions. My first thought was something at powerup for "active" profiles and then a GUI implementation for creation and management of profiles.

Jeff
    Have you looked at Milan Votava's "Profiles" app? It's about as simple as they come for selecting a profile: Hold down the option key for a couple of seconds, and a list of all named profiles pops up in a scrollable list. (This is on the 600--Profiles doesn't work on the 650.)

I second the request to have a way to manually select a profile. Not every situation that makes me select a new profile gets entered in my Palm. For example, when I get in the car I select a profile with a loud ring. If I go to a movie, I choose a profile with silent ringer and a dim screen, but I won't necessarily have the movie scheduled in my treo.

Thanks for the great start, btw.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If it uses the same PIM database then yes it will be compatible. If it doesn't then initially it will not work. I will be glad to look into support for Beyond Contacts if you can point me to the developer of the application. I will need some information from them inorder to understand their file layout. I am also "trying" to get the same information from the people at GoodLink. Pressure from users will help!

Jeff
    It uses all it's own databases as appointments do not show up in the ROM calendar app. DataViz makes the product so I don't know how apt they would be to let someone access their data. If you allow access to profiles without a calendar trigger then I would certainly check it out.

Thanks for the reply and your obvious hard work so far.
    One way to do this might be to define profiles and then initiate that profile from either a calendar entry or from a pop-up list (I think it needs to have both options).

So you could define a set profile in ScheduleCare (say screen dim, all sounds off, led off, radio on as Night). Then in calendar set up at 9pm !SCONight! or pick Night from a popup list.

Personally I would most likely use the pop-up list more often.

Thanks for working on this -- it's greatly needed!
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    12 hours an still going, I have not had a problem yet. I am playing around with the ringer actions right now.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Have you looked at Milan Votava's "Profiles" app? It's about as simple as they come for selecting a profile: Hold down the option key for a couple of seconds, and a list of all named profiles pops up in a scrollable list. (This is on the 600--Profiles doesn't work on the 650.)

I second the request to have a way to manually select a profile. Not every situation that makes me select a new profile gets entered in my Palm. For example, when I get in the car I select a profile with a loud ring. If I go to a movie, I choose a profile with silent ringer and a dim screen, but I won't necessarily have the movie scheduled in my treo.

Jeff,

I agree with meyerweb. I would like to see some "simple profile" controls as well as the scheduling functionality. it would become cumbersom to have to create a calender entry when ever I needed to change profiles. There are more times when I just need to change the current "state" of my treo:

For example......

With my treo 600 I had 3 profiles set:

* "Work"~ this profile turned volume to 1, changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And dimmed the backlight

* "Home"~ this profile turned the volume to 7 changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And brightened the backlight

* "Quite and Still"~ this turned all sounds to zero. And Forwarded all calls to a specified number.

I see your program being a 2-part app. First part would be simple profile management. And the second part being profile scheduling.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I agree also that the ability to manually choose a profile is a must. Also, I like the idea of having datebook tags select a preset profile rather than an individual setting.

Thanks for the hard work - you rock!

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Jeff,

I agree with meyerweb. I would like to see some "simple profile" controls as well as the scheduling functionality. it would become cumbersom to have to create a calender entry when ever I needed to change profiles. There are more times when I just need to change the current "state" of my treo:

For example......

With my treo 600 I had 3 profiles set:

* "Work"~ this profile turned volume to 1, changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And dimmed the backlight

* "Home"~ this profile turned the volume to 7 changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And brightened the backlight

* "Quite and Still"~ this turned all sounds to zero. And Forwarded all calls to a specified number.

I see your program being a 2-part app. First part would be simple profile management. And the second part being profile scheduling.

I'm leaning this way too.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I'm leaning this way too.
    I agree with all. I too want a profile manager and that will be on the list once we get the basic functionality has been proven.

Then we can work on the UI design to manage and trigger the profiles.

Jeff
    how well are people finding that the app works will several changes. For example, I had 5 different setups that each occured subsequento one another. So, one event was set for 2:40 -2:45, the next was set for 2:45-2:50, then 2:50 - 2:55 and so forth. the app was not able to transition smoothly between the various conditions that I set out. Such that the radio was not turned on and off appropraitely
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey

Then we can work on the UI design to manage and trigger the profiles.

Jeff
    do you think that someday, we won't have to make Calender entries? that it will all be handled within the application itself?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    do you think that someday, we won't have to make Calender entries? that it will all be handled within the application itself?
    Sure. Again this is the first implementation. It is something that I personally wanted to help me manage the Treo in a changing environment. When I am running from appointment to appointment, flight to flight, etc... I really wanted a calendar triggered profiler. It will be easily extendable once I get all of the functions working and the logic of switching and restoring states correct.

I saw your message above and will be working on that tonight. I have some corruption in my alarm handler somewhere that I am trying to track down. I think that is what is causing the missed events.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does this program do?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does this program do?
    It is a calendar based profile application. It allows you to place command tags inside of calendar entries to perform commands at specified times. Then when the appointment event is complete, the previous state of the command will be restored.

Commands available in the initial release control sounds, volume, display brightness, phone radio state, BlueTooth radio state, and hotsync'ing.

Does this help at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb

I would also very much like to see this suggestion come to fruition. I know that a calendar based profile utility may be very useful to others, but for me, I need something that I can manually change whenever I need to. "Schedule Care" looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty full featured program. It would be great to be able to just hold down something like the "menu" key, and switch to the profile of your choice. Jeff, Is there any chance of having this occur?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I would also very much like to see this suggestion come to fruition. I know that a calendar based profile utility may be very useful to others, but for me, I need something that I can manually change whenever I need to. "Schedule Care" looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty full featured program. It would be great to be able to just hold down something like the "menu" key, and switch to the profile of your choice. Jeff, Is there any chance of having this occur?
    See my post to 100thMonkey a few above this one. I will add this in after I get the program stable and all the functionality added. This was I get to work on the functionality first and then work on the GUI later.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast