Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Something weird is hapening to my screen & I'm wondering if it's schedulecare; When you hit the option & right shift key, the screen is supposed to dim but now it just turns off. I did a soft reset & deleted unsaved preferences but it's still messed. The only app I installed recently was schedulecare. Anyone else?

Still works for me here. Latest build of SC installed.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    well whatever it was a hard reset/manual install of individual files fiexed the problem. I also have about 10% more memory because I didn't install many random files I didn't recognize. So I guess something good came out of it all!
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Don't I wish!

Nah, I'm a technical writer.

How are you Tanster? Was wondering if you had a chance to put together a doc set for phase 1 of ScheduleCare? I'm still on the road and don't have your email so I am hoping you are scanning the forum.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    How are you Tanster? Was wondering if you had a chance to put together a doc set for phase 1 of ScheduleCare? I'm still on the road and don't have your email so I am hoping you are scanning the forum.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff!

I'm so sorry, I've been busy the past few days.

Give me an outline or list of tasks, and I will work on it.

By the way, you didn't mention that you posted a new build (v34)! Good thing I always go to the first post of this thread to see if you've posted anything new.

I ran my standard test...

Build 34 notes

Task 1: Executing A, V, and D commands
    • Commands run: !SCA0! !SCV0! !SCD0!
    • Did screen dim and turn itself back on at correct times? YES
    • When calling myself during execution period, were all sounds/vibrations silenced? YES
    • When sending myself a text message during execution period, were all sound/vibration notifications silenced? YES
    • Were all original prefs restored after execution period? NO, alert volumes stayed "Off" instead of restoring to "1" (see my original settings in posts #106 and #109)

Task 2: Executing P and S commands, specifying tone names
    • Commands run: !SCPS7V0K(Chirp)U(Chirp)! !SCSS7V0T(Klavier)!
    • When calling myself during execution period, was P command run correctly? YES
    • When sending myself a text message during execution period, was S command run correctly? YES
    • Were all original prefs restored after execution period? YES

Task 3: Using Category Manager
    • Set up as in post #129 in this thread
    • Did screen dim and turn itself back on at correct times? NO

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    • To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    • To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi Jeff!

I'm so sorry, I've been busy the past few days.

Give me an outline or list of tasks, and I will work on it.

By the way, you didn't mention that you posted a new build (v34)! Good thing I always go to the first post of this thread to see if you've posted anything new.

I ran my standard test...

Build 34 notes

Task 1: Executing A, V, and D commands
    • Commands run: !SCA0! !SCV0! !SCD0!
    • Did screen dim and turn itself back on at correct times? YES
    • When calling myself during execution period, were all sounds/vibrations silenced? YES
    • When sending myself a text message during execution period, were all sound/vibration notifications silenced? YES
    • Were all original prefs restored after execution period? NO, alert volumes stayed "Off" instead of restoring to "1" (see my original settings in posts #106 and #109)

Task 2: Executing P and S commands, specifying tone names
    • Commands run: !SCPS7V0K(Chirp)U(Chirp)! !SCSS7V0T(Klavier)!
    • When calling myself during execution period, was P command run correctly? YES
    • When sending myself a text message during execution period, was S command run correctly? YES
    • Were all original prefs restored after execution period? YES

Task 3: Using Category Manager
    • Set up as in post #129 in this thread
    • Did screen dim and turn itself back on at correct times? NO

1) Many of the issues you ran into are fixed in v0.37b.
    2) I was not aware that people were not getting updates when I editted the main page!
    3) If you could follow the model of the documentation I created for CradleCare and/or ScreenCare that would be terrific! Basic doc's that show screen shots and explain basic functions.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Jeff-

How hard would it be to add an !scZ! command to force a soft reset. I'm thinking it would be nice to schedule a reset shortly before my 650 is scheduled to backup.

-X
    Xathros

You said to alert you of any programs making changes to the database. I'm using Agendus Pro instead of the default calendar app.

Two questions:
    1) I don't hear the "ping" you're supposed to hear when SC sees a flag and makes changes.
    2) I see that SC supports "Categories". However, on my 600, the default calendar doesn't allow you to put your meetings into a category (only To Do's). Using Agendus this is allowed (it puts a flag in the note too, much like you do). Is the category feature only going to be supported on the 650?
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    You said to alert you of any programs making changes to the database. I'm using Agendus Pro instead of the default calendar app.
    Do you have FileZ loaded? Can you do a "details" on Agendas Pro and give me the program name as listed by fileZ?

Two questions:
    1) I don't hear the "ping" you're supposed to hear when SC sees a flag and makes changes.
    That was a debugging ping and that has been removed. Do you want an inidcator for when the calendar is scanned? I have been playing with a screen flash for this purpose on my personal builds.

2) I see that SC supports "Categories". However, on my 600, the default calendar doesn't allow you to put your meetings into a category (only To Do's). Using Agendus this is allowed (it puts a flag in the note too, much like you do). Is the category feature only going to be supported on the 650?
    I was not aware that the 600's calendar app didn't allow for a category assignment. The 650's calendar app does allow this. Well today I am using the standard category API's to get the meeting category informtion. I am in a training class for the remainder of the week so I will not have access to my 600 (since I carry the 650 with me) until I get back home later this week to do some testing.

But please get me the agendus file information so I can build that into SC. I have changed my calendar scanning technique so that SC kinder to overall system performance.

Jeff
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff-

How hard would it be to add an !scZ! command to force a soft reset. I'm thinking it would be nice to schedule a reset shortly before my 650 is scheduled to backup.

-X
    *Very* easy. If I have time tonight I will add it.

Jeff
    The file name of Agendus is ActNames.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    *Very* easy. If I have time tonight I will add it.

Jeff
    Way cool!

Thanks.

-X
    Xathros

12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Way cool!

Thanks.

-X
    New build posted.

Includes:

* Support for Agendus Pro
    * Added 'Z' flag for device resets
    I just upgraded to the new version Jeff, and it's causing my phone to soft reset. It's actually causing a soft reset every minute or so, when I don't even touch my phone. I have a Treo 600 FYI.

EDIT(more info): I had .37b installed earlier tonight and it was working fine, .38b just doesn't agree with my system apparently.
  14.    #214  
    Just an update on Phase II.

I have fallen behind this week putting together the new UI. I am in a corporate training class for the remainder of the week and will start working on the new UI this coming weekend.

I will also be releasing the official release of ScheduleCare phase I this weekend as well. I think there will be enough time left in everyone's trial keys to last that long but if you find yourself out of time before then please contact me and I will get you back up and running.

Last question I have for everyone is a pricing question.

I would like feedback on a fair price for ScheduleCare. There are several ways to offer this application:

Full product with all features enabled
    Feature based pricing (basic, advanced, adhoc)

I would prefer the first option but I am open to alternative methods.

Next is the actual price for the product. What sounds fair? My goal would be to set a price point that is affordable and at the same time competative. Selfishly, I would like ScheduleCare to be on 1000's of Treo's! ;-)

Thanks,

Jeff
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    I just upgraded to the new version Jeff, and it's causing my phone to soft reset. It's actually causing a soft reset every minute or so, when I don't even touch my phone. I have a Treo 600 FYI.

EDIT(more info): I had .37b installed earlier tonight and it was working fine, .38b just doesn't agree with my system apparently.
    Did you delete .37b before installing .38? Shouldn't ahve to but just curious. Also did you try to hit the hidden button to clear the internal data tables? I'll look into this ASAP.
    Well free is always best, but a guy who works for us as hard as you do deserves something.

I personally hate paying 25-70 dollars for Palm apps. I dont care if they wipe my behind for me that just hits me as way over priced. No disrespect to any developer of course. I mean I am trialing Ultrasoft Money right now and it's 39.95. That's alot IMO. I can get Microsoft Money for that much and its gone tons more functionality and visually its light years ahead. Now of course it does nothing for the palm and if I want that on my treo...ya I know. My point is some apps are WAY overpriced.

I think it should be between $5 and $20. My feeling is that an app that I actively use (like Agendus) on a regular basis is worth more, while an app that is setup one time for the most part (like Treoguard) is worth less because you are not actively in the program on a regular basis. If it is functioning in the background versus actively interacting with the user. I hope this makes sense.

I am not trying to downplay the developers role or what they deserve, thats just my perception. Plus I am a cheap *******
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Jeff, if you're happy with something in the $5-10 range, I think that would be a good price point. Not much over that though, in my opinion. Another thought, if you're feeling generous, would be to have the manual profile part of the app free -- so you get a trial with all features, and then either pay to get schedule automation or you can keep it and get just the basic manual profile system for free. The bundled VoiceDial app is like that and I think that's kind of cool. But it's your thing, whatever you like.

-Brian
    I'd say $5 to $8 for a version that offers only manual control, $10 to $20 for the full version. Here's my logic:

Most people will part with $5 without batting an eye. At that price,or close to it, I think you'll sell a lot of copies to people Who Would decide to live without it at a higher price. On the high end, I'll think twice before spending more than $20 for a palm app. It might not be fair, but there it is. I'd suggest an upgrade path, too, so that someone who buy's the cheap version can get the complete version for about the same price as if he had bought the expensive one in he first place.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Jeff, I think around 10$ for the Full version which I think will attract most people. My fear for you is that with all this work, most people are just looking for profile management and if that is offered in the free(lite) version that most people will opt for that and not get the opprotunity to take advantage of this great program. My thoughts are that if you offer the program for 10$ or less you will probably catch most people which you said you wanted to do and give everyone a great program. But I must say that one of the great things about Treocentral and mytreo.com is that people can come to these sites and get treo specific programs for a great price(a lot Free) and get great support at these sites.
  20.    #220  
    Looping reset is now fixed in 0.39b.