1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 and set up my VersaMail. I recieved an email that was attached with a photo and I could not open the photo since I did not have the right plug-in's Tried a few programs but none worked. What plug-ins or programs to I need and which will give me the best bang for the buck?
    What type of photo? Was it a jpeg or something else. JPEGs should open directly in VersaMail or in the resident photo app on the 650. No need to purchase anything.
    I did some testing. I noticed that whenever I used Versamail with smtp.sprintpcs.com that it would truncate any JPG email attachments. (Not sure about other types of attachments.)

With my Comcast account, the only outgoing SMTP server I could use was smtp.sprintpcs.com since either comcast or sprint was blocking the smtp access to the comcast smtp server. So I was hosed, until I started using my Gmail pop and smtp server.

I had not problems using the gmail smtp server to send emails with attachments.

Anyway, I no longer use comcast or sprint for versamail. I just use my gmail and things work fine.

Bob
    Man, this Treo650 rocks.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobnonn
    I did some testing. I noticed that whenever I used Versamail with smtp.sprintpcs.com that it would truncate any JPG email attachments. (Not sure about other types of attachments.)

With my Comcast account, the only outgoing SMTP server I could use was smtp.sprintpcs.com since either comcast or sprint was blocking the smtp access to the comcast smtp server. So I was hosed, until I started using my Gmail pop and smtp server.

I had not problems using the gmail smtp server to send emails with attachments.

Anyway, I no longer use comcast or sprint for versamail. I just use my gmail and things work fine.

Bob

Hmmm....that's interesting. I have no trouble with using Comcast's smtp server.... Occasionally I will get a "no response from smtp server" error, but if I try again it works.