1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 650 for a little over a month now and I guess I'm just too used to a "regular" type phone. Don't get me wrong, it has some great qualities most notably for me, the excellent screen and the full web browsing. But I'm getting tired of the resetting for unknown reasons and the fact that it is just not very easy to use as a phone like i'm used to. And the delay when calling someone is annoying. I was at the Sprint store yesterday to buy my wife a Sanyo MM-7400 and while I was there I had them check out my Treo for the well known sound problem on the receiving end. They apparently had not heard of that problem, by the way. And sure enough, they duplicated the problem. They ordered me a new one which I will pick up on wednesday. Who knows, it may also have the same problem. Maybe not. Anyways, I really didn't use the phone for talking much because I still had my t-mobile phone. (I was waiting for the contract to end on Jan. 2nd.) By the time I found out about the sound problems, I had already had the Treo more than the 14 day trial period, so trading it in was not option anymore. I really like the new Sanyo MM-7400 that I bought my wife and now I am thinking about selling the treo 650 and buying another MM-7400. Trouble is, I will now have to pay full price for it. I paid $450 for my 650 from Sprint and I also have a new "Bluetrek G2" bluetooth headset that I would include if I sell it Remember, I am getting a brand new one on wednesday so that is the one I would sell. Or are there any other options anyone would like to share?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dataquest; 01/04/2005 at 09:19 PM.
    I'll buy it from ya for $350.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Wait and buy the Sanyo 5600 instead whenever it comes out, if you must go to another phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    I'll buy it from ya for $350.
    I might just take you up on that offer if you are serious. But first I want to try to get what I paid for it if I can, which is $450 and I will include the "BluetTrek G2" bluetooth headset, too.
    Last edited by Dataquest; 01/04/2005 at 09:12 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Wait and buy the Sanyo 5600 instead whenever it comes out, if you must go to another phone.
    I really would prefer the Sanyo MM-5600 but it won't be out until late February or Early March from what the Sprint lady told me the other day. If I waited that long, then my new 650 which I will get tomorrow, won't be new anymore, and I would prefer to sell it to someone in brand new condition rather than wait a few months. The MM-7400 is a sweet phone anyways. I could easily live with it for a year or so until something much better comes along.
    I sent you a PM regarding a trade for 7400
  7.    #7  
    It seems that that are many people interested in buying my treo 650! That's good news. In that case, I have some questions. First, at what point would I contact Sprint to let them know that I have sold it, so they would transfer my phone # and data to a new Sanyo MM-7400 that I will buy? Would I do it right before shipping out the phone? That seems right to me. That way, I could go ahead and buy the 5600 and they would transfer everything right then and there. I guess it would be best to have the treo with me there. Yeah that sounds right. I'm thinking out loud. OK , now since I've never sold anything expensive like this on the net, what type of securities are there that would guarantee my selling of the phone and secure the buyer, so there won't be any worries about a purchase? I personally am extremely 100% trustworthy. Although I know that I cant prove that just by stating it.
    Anyways, I bought the Phone for $450 from Sprint, and like I said, I should get the brand new one tomorrow, which is the one I will sell. If I can get my money back I will most likely sell it. So let me know if any of you have the answers to my questions and if you are interested. By the way, I will throw in the "Bluetrek G2" bluetooth headset that I got from Treo central store too.
    This won't be a problem for you since you are getting a new 650. They do not come activated, so there won't be any number programmed into it. Your best bet would be to have the 650's buyer send you the money, use the money to buy a 7400, activate the 7400 and send out the new 650.

www.iescrow.com is the most secure as it has safeguards for both buyer and seller. Paypal is also very safe but only has safeguards for the seller.

PM me your email address if you have any other questions.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    This won't be a problem for you since you are getting a new 650. They do not come activated, so there won't be any number programmed into it. Your best bet would be to have the 650's buyer send you the money, use the money to buy a 7400, activate the 7400 and send out the new 650.

www.iescrow.com is the most secure as it has safeguards for both buyer and seller. Paypal is also very safe but only has safeguards for the seller.

PM me your email address if you have any other questions.
    Thanks for the info, noob. But I think the Sprint people would transfer everything to the new phone as soon as I trade in the older one for the new one, won't they? I know what I can do. Tomorrow if/when my new treo 650 comes in and I go to the Sprint store to exchange them, I will just ask the Sprint lady how to go about this. She will know the best way. If only I would have done this within my 14 day trial period, it would be simple.
    Last edited by Dataquest; 01/04/2005 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataquest
    Thanks for the info, noob. But I think the Sprint people would transfer everything to the new phone as soon as I trade in the older one for the new one, won't they? I know what I can do. Tomorrow if/when my new treo 650 comes in and I go to the Sprint store to exchange them, I will just ask the Sprint lady how to go about this. She will know the best way. If only I would have done this within my 14 day trial period, it would be simple.
    No, they won't. You can ask them to, or you can ask them not to. There's nothing to "transfer over." All that you do is program the 7400 with your phone number and add its ESN to your account. You'll have to pay for the 7400 outright, but will have the replacement 650 as well.
    Dataquest,

Don't buy your 7400 at the Sprint Store. They have them priced at $379. Save yourself $110 and buy it from Costco where it's $269.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks, I will definitely look into that.
    If you do get one from Costco, be sure to have it when you go to the store to get your new 650. You need to have an ESN on your account, so you won't be able to simply give them your old 650 and get the new one without activating it unless you have another phone that you want to activate on your account at that time.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Dataquest]I've had my Treo 650 for a little over a month now and I guess I'm just too used to a "regular" type phone. Don't get me wrong, it has some great qualities most notably for me, the excellent screen and the full web browsing. But I'm getting tired of the resetting for unknown reasons and the fact that it is just not very easy to use as a phone like i'm used to. And the delay when calling someone is annoying.

Well I looked at that Sanyo and it is not Palm OS, it is just a phone with audio and video capabilities (vga like the 650)

The resettings are from installing it wrong with old data from old Palms or getting some settings wrong. My 650 does not reset. The delay I'm sure will be fixed. The receiving problem will also be fixed, I always use a headset anyway.

If one wants Palm OS programs and the features of the 650, it is still the only one. Many of the new phones with keyboards are 2 hand devices and the Treo is still a one hand practical phone.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    If you do get one from Costco, be sure to have it when you go to the store to get your new 650. You need to have an ESN on your account, so you won't be able to simply give them your old 650 and get the new one without activating it unless you have another phone that you want to activate on your account at that time.
    That makes sense. The only part that I am not clear on is if I did go to Costco to buy one at that price, can it be bought there without activating it there? Then if that is the case, it would make sense to do what you are saying by then taking the non-activated 7400 and my treo 650 to the sprint store, and have them trade out the old 650 with the new one and then activate the 7400 and leave the new treo non-activated. Am I right, now?
    Thanks noob, and I did receive your private messages. Before I make an offer I want people to make me an offer first. Thanks again for your help.
    You shouldn't have to activate it at Costco, but I don't know there policies on that sort of thing. If they did have to activate it, I don't see it being a problem. Just go to the Sprint store with your old, malfunctioning 650 and tell them you bought a phone from Costco to get you through until the new 650 arrived. Tell them you will activate the 650 at home, and they will probably just do an exchange for it. Sprint Store reps usually do not like spending any more time with customers than they have to.
    That makes sense. The only part that I am not clear on is if I did go to Costco to buy one at that price, can it be bought there without activating it there? Then if that is the case, it would make sense to do what you are saying by then taking the non-activated 7400 and my treo 650 to the sprint store, and have them trade out the old 650 with the new one and then activate the 7400 and leave the new treo non-activated. Am I right, now?
    Thanks noob, and I did receive your private messages. Before I make an offer I want people to make me an offer first. Thanks again for your help.
    Costco doesn't do in-store activations. You just buy the phone and call Sprint when you get home. In your case, you'll just bring it into the store.
  18.    #18  
    Sounds good. Do you have to be a member at Costco to go into the store? I went to their website a few minutes ago but I couldn't find the Sanyo 7400. It just showed a few other phones and that was it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Sounds good. Do you have to be a member at Costco to go into the store? I went to their website a few minutes ago but I couldn't find the Sanyo 7400. It just showed a few other phones and that was it.
    Dataquest - yes you have to be a member. The 7400 (and all other cell phones) are only available in store, not online. The phone also comes with a complimentary bundle of holster and ear bud (only at Costco). Plus Costco has the most liberal return policy - practically lifetime (don't misuse it !).

What you could do is

a) Pick up a 7400 from Costco.
    b) Go to the Sprint store, return your old T650, pick up new 650. Don't open the box or activate new 650.
    c) Activate 7400 on your line. You can do it instore or from your home phone by calling Sprint CS.
    d) Sell the new 650 (unopened in the box).

Check your PM.
  20.    #20  
    Well I went to costco today and saw the MM-7400 but I didnt have the desire to buy it and go through the hassle of switching over just yet. Besides, the Sprint store did'nt have my new Treo 650 yet, surprise, surprise. I think I have decided what I am gonna do. I will just go ahead and get the new treo and use it until the new Sanyo MM-5600 comes out. Then I will sell my treo and buy the 5600.