Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Using Blazer on the Treo650, I was unable to view picture attachments sent to my Yahoo email. How can you do this? Also, Blazer is not supported by GMail (Google). Is there a way to get GMail? Thanks!
    -UT
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Using Blazer on the Treo650, I was unable to view picture attachments sent to my Yahoo email. How can you do this? Also, Blazer is not supported by GMail (Google). Is there a way to get GMail?
    Is there something better than Blazer that will access GMail and show embedded picture attachments? Thanks!
    -UT
    I've used Versamail and Snapper to access my Gmail as a POP3 account. Are you trying to check it web based and not set it up using your email program?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perret
    I've used Versamail and Snapper to access my Gmail as a POP3 account. Are you trying to check it web based and not set it up using your email program?
    I don't exactly know what POP3 means? Is this easy to set-up? I've seen a lot of posts about Snappermail. Is this the best app? I have also heard of something called CHATTER.. what is this? Is it a way to get email pushed to your Treo continuously? Like the real-time email notification of the BlackBerry? Thanks for your post!
    Ok, you are probably trying to check your Gmail via the web browser b/c you haven't set up your email client to receive the email.
    This is taken from the Google Gmail site (check under Settings, Forwarding & POP)
    "POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you arenít connected to the Internet.

POP access is free for all Gmail users and we have no plans to charge.

Learn more about accessing your Gmail messages with POP:

* How do I enable POP?
    * How do I configure my mail client? "

Regarding Chatter, I have not used it b/c I have no need for the email to be 'pushed' to me. I have Snapper set to check a few times a day automatically to download my messages. I don't need instant email contact, although you may want that. I can't say that Snapper is the best, but it does everything that I need it to do as a mail app.