1.    #1  
    I installed Afterburner 2.2 on my VDX and the applications that I have run at a higher speed freeze! Whenever I click the application the screen goes blank and I have to do a soft reset. I had the hack running also, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have since uninstalled it and am running Cruise Control.
    I really like the ability to choose a speed for each application but if I can't fix it I will have to stay with Cruise Control.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I had this problem too. It turns out that it happened only if I set the program to run at either 18 or 20MHz (Can't remember which). Any other setting seemed to work. Now, I set the default speed to be the slowest and only increase those that really need it, in an attempt to save some battery power (NiMH only get 11 - 13 hours of actual run time).

------------------
    Jay
    I use AfterBurner II to run all apps on my Visor at 22MHz except any that do beaming (e.g. BeamBox) as beaming needs to done at Normal speed. I have found it very stable.

If you're concerned about your battery usage, turn off beaming -- that seems to have helped my battery life. If you attempt to beam, you will get a dialog box asking you if you want to enable beaming.
    Ran at 22Mhz for a month without any problems. Now trying 24Mhz...

However, I've had to use NoStreak Hack to reduce the screen flicker and streaking, which is especially bad at 18Mhz.
    any troble with underclocking?
    No trouble with underclocking: BigClock (I use it as an alarm clock) at 13MHz.