1.    #1  
    PLEASE HELP!

Bought my Treo 650 about 1 week ago...

My problem's are:
    *When I click on Versamail it turns off and then powers back on.
    *Now when I try to sign on Vision... My Treo powercycles!
    --> I get a weird error message when checking my Earthlink w/ Versamail!

---------------
    Has anyone else had these problems or symptoms?
    I will exchange it for another one, but is the Treo plagued with issues?
    ----

Any info would be awesome... THANKS!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spoolenTreo; 01/03/2005 at 02:09 PM. Reason: A
    Most likely some kind of data corruption. You'll find MANY posts about similar incidents on this boad. Try doing a hard reset and resync.

If that doesn't fix it then do another resync, but make sure your apps don't resync. Reinstall everything from scratch and you shouldn't have any issues.

BTW, versamail appears to be pretty useless in its current state. Since I started using snappermail off my sdcard I haven't had a single issue.
  3.    #3  
    Awesome! Well I bought snappermail and have not yet installed it!

*I am new so this might be a "retarded" question:

When I do a hard reset... How do I re-sync without loading the applications?

Thanks a million!
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolenTreo

Thanks a million!
    Not retarded at all.

In the Palm folder on your computer, there will be a folder called Backup. The location of this folder is C:\Program Files\Palm\<syncname>\ED\Backup\ if you're using Windows and /Documents/Palm/Users/<syncname>/Backups/
    if you're using Mac OS X.

After you hard-reset and before you sync again, just change the name of this folder to something else (I use OldBackup) or delete it completely. This way, when you hotsync, the Manager won't find anything to put back on the Palm. You'll then be able to reinstall everything manually. The program will create a new Backup folder for your new installation.

By the way, Versamail has been just fine for me, but I've been lucky in general with my Treo so far.
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/03/2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolenTreo
    Awesome! Well I bought snappermail and have not yet installed it!

Thanks a million!
    If you end up not using versamail you may want to flash one of shadowmite's roms without versamail. It will give you a significantly more memory to work with- plus you'll get some extra features.

And good explaination MacJunkie.
  6.    #6  
    Well I tried the hard reset...

Then when I hotsynced it I get this error message...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    If you end up not using versamail you may want to flash one of shadowmite's roms without versamail. It will give you a significantly more memory to work with- plus you'll get some extra features.

And good explaination MacJunkie.

What do you mean by... Flash one of Shadowmites ROM's?
    Can I do that with my 1gig SD card?
    Not sure what you mean... :P

BTW: I am probably exchanging my handset... Since I am a Tech @ Sprint... :P LOL...

--
    Now when I get the new one, should I still do Shadowmites ROM flash?
    --> thats if you explain what I need to do... LOL Sorry I am really not this retarted this is a new to me!
    Don't work so hard! Look at LinuxGuy's thread on this exact same subject and follow his instructions, using FileZ to delete the corrupt mail-related files.

I had the exact same issue, as did many others. I followed the instructions from LinuxGuy and all works well again.

Good luck