1.    #1  
    Do any of you have this problem? My Treo 600 can dial and receive calls. However, lately the receiver has gone "mute". The callers can hear me but I cannot hear them. I can fix the problem by switching to speakerphone mode but its a biznatch inconvenience.

Any solutions?

Thanks,
    PU
    Hope it's still under warranty and get a replacement. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    This problem is widely known here on the forum and to Palmone, it is a hardware problem and you can swap it out if you are under warranty.
    you can also update the PRL ... it fixed my problem (although it wasn't my speaker phone that was working; it was my headset)

Before I get flamed, I know that doesn't make sense ... I just know that it helped fix my phone.
  5.    #5  
    What exactly is the PRL?
    i had the same problem, verizon sent a new phone
    Hello all.

The problem lies not in the hardware but the execution of the speakerphone/telephone interface and the gummy software that PalmOne did. The circuitry that routes the audio path inside the phone gets funny bit values and that problem appears.

To relieve the "no-handset but speakerphone works" problem until it reoccurs:

Have the Palm with phone running.
    Press the Power button and hold until the phone shuts down.
    Hit the reset button and warm reset the Palm. Don't purge the data. You don't have to. You just want the Palm to go thru the Reset routine.

Finally,Press and hold the Power button and use the phone. Handset and speakerphone will now work normally.

That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVaz
    Hello all.

The problem lies not in the hardware but the execution of the speakerphone/telephone interface and the gummy software that PalmOne did. The circuitry that routes the audio path inside the phone gets funny bit values and that problem appears.

To relieve the "no-handset but speakerphone works" problem until it reoccurs:

Have the Palm with phone running.
    Press the Power button and hold until the phone shuts down.
    Hit the reset button and warm reset the Palm. Don't purge the data. You don't have to. You just want the Palm to go thru the Reset routine.

Finally,Press and hold the Power button and use the phone. Handset and speakerphone will now work normally.

That's it.
    why would VZ be sending out all these new phones then? they didn't replace mine, but they offered to
    I currently have the same problem - I previously tried AdamVaz's solution both with soft reset and hard reset. Neither cured the problem. Luckily I am under warrenty and replacement phone on the way.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    why would VZ be sending out all these new phones then? they didn't replace mine, but they offered to
    It is easier for them to replace a "flakey" phone and make a customer happy than to **** off a customer with a "I don't know". When they receive the old phone, the first thing to do is to bench it and see if there is nothing wrong.

If nothing wrong, it goes back into a box as a replacement for the next flakey phone. Are any of you using a MP3 player in the Treo like pocketTunes along with any other software. I tend to use long MIDI ringtones for my personal usage, as well.

Your mileage will vary
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    Do any of you have this problem? My Treo 600 can dial and receive calls. However, lately the receiver has gone "mute". The callers can hear me but I cannot hear them. I can fix the problem by switching to speakerphone mode but its a biznatch inconvenience.

Any solutions?

Thanks,
    PU
    Don't waste your time trying to figure a fix. It's a known issue since Day 1 and well talked about in TreoCentral. It happened to mine on the second week that I got my GSM Treo. Demand a replacement, even if it's out of warranty. Palm1 should replace it.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  12.    #12  
    Crap. I disbelieved the defects of the T600. 1st one lasted 8 months till the "buzzing" occured. This replacement had a screen that tended to be blue and now this mute earspeaker problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User

Any solutions?

Thanks,
    PU
    Same thing occurred with my 600, the solution, replace the headset I was using. I cant speak for everyone else that has had this problem. But for me, when the headset goes bad, the phone will only work in speakerphone. I discovered this solution when I took my phone into SPCS store to have them look at it.

It was actually the salesguy who plugged his headset in and all of a sudden the damn thing started working. So far this has proven to be true with every headset that I have used that goes badddddd.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    at least you guys didn't get SHOCKED by the headset like I did the other night when on the phone. A couple of electric shocks to the ear (&*&^%, that hurt!) and the headset stopped working. Finished the call, plugged back in the headset, everything worked fine. #@#$@% PalmOne!