1.    #1  
    What to do about the poor performance of the Jabra bluetooth headset from Palmone??

Many of us who bought directly from Palmone received a "FREE" Jabra Bluetooth headset with our order. This headset is advertised by Palmone as providing the following functions:

1. Talk freely even if your phone is in a pocket or across the room.
    2. The uni-directional microphone reduces background noises and improves your ability to hear conversations clearly, even in noisy environments.
    3. Works up to 30 feet from the phone
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0025&cat=20023

NOW, those of us that have the Jabra know that it does not perform as advertised. Are we entitled to any renumeration for this?
    What kind of renumeration are you expecting from something you got free?

Are you serious? It was free....let me say that one more time FREE. I'm just curious, do you now expect them to compensate you for something you didn't pay for in the first place?

If you don't like it, put it up on ebay and see what you can do.
  3.    #3  
    I would expect to recieve a headset that performs as advertised.

There were several different retailers promoting the sale of the Treo 650, all with different "incentive packages". Some featured a different headset, some a free memory card, others a hat and t-shirt. I chose PALMONE because of the free headset. I expect it to perform as advertised, or replace with one that does.
    As i said, i would be greatful for getting anything. Put it up on ebay and use it to offset the cost of a new headset if you want, but i can all but guarantee that Palmone certainly isn't going to do anything about it.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    None of the BT headsets do what they claim they can. It is called hype and marketing.

Get a clue.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    None of the BT headsets do what they claim they can. It is called hype and marketing.

Get a clue.
    Not True! MOST of the headsets do what exactly what they claim. It is the 650 that fails to take advantage of the headsets functionality.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I can confirm it is the 650 that fails not the headset..it works fine with three other BT phones.
    The fact that it was free for some of us doesn't really mean anything, because Palm *is* selling it. So it doesn't change the fact that they're marketing it as highly compatible with the 650, when in fact it's one of the worst ones you can buy.
  9.    #9  
    I agree bkrodgers. So what do we do about it. Has anyone talked to PalmOne about this?
    I would love to contact palmone, but their web site is confusing to find a good contact. anyone know a way to e-mail them?
    Yep, it's true, the problem is the Treo 650 not the headset. My friend has a bluetooth phone and the Jabra BT250 is her favorite headset -- no crackle, works across the room, etc.

Hopefully it's fixed with the next Treo OS rev. In the meantime, sell it on Ebay and get the Sony HBH660, which works great.
    any word on this OS revision? time frame, what other issues they hope to solve....versa mail...bt 1.2..?

thanks,
    rick
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    What kind of renumeration are you expecting from something you got free?

Are you serious? It was free....let me say that one more time FREE. I'm just curious, do you now expect them to compensate you for something you didn't pay for in the first place?

If you don't like it, put it up on ebay and see what you can do.
    I don't consider it free. I passed on some other rebate deals because the headset appeared to be the better of them. Your right, it can be sold to stiff someone else who doesn't know better . I figure mine cost me at least $50 each, because of other rebates available. Now I have 2 of the useless POS's. It was my choice, so my bad. They will be up on Ebay if anyone wants them .

Just my $.02
    DJ
    I think Bluetooth 1.1, which most PDA/phones have is still not mature. Perhaps BT 1.2 is better, but I have not researched it yet.

If your Jabra, or any BT headset, performs flawlessly on your home phone and another cell phone but tends to crap out on the T650 then the process of elimination has proven itself effective.