1.    #1  
    I know many folks have reported problems with AutoSync. It works often enough for me that I think I'll keep Versamail as my Palm mailer. But I would like to add another alert sound or two to the choices within the Versamail app(accessible from ActiveSync pref page).

Anyone know how to do this? I've got FileZ and went hunting for a Versamail alert/notification sounds folder but I quickly gave up... better to check with an expert here before I go and futz the app. Any tips appreciated.
    Last edited by senor_jt; 01/03/2005 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Syntax correction!
    --
    jt
    Bump
    Bump. Same issue here. Somebody has to know this one...
    -Laz
    The user manual claims you can select any sound on the Treo, yet we seem to be limited to only the basic system sounds. I came from Chatter (amazing program, but no VPN support, so I asked our CIO to install Exchange2003 with Activesync (really amazing)), but the lack of autosync sounds makes it hard to know which mailbox got mail....

Anyone know if there is a hack to let versamail look at the full sounds list?

Pretty Please?
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I have been searching for this functionality as well. I would think someone knows.... but have had no luck thus far in my searches

-b
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    BUMP. I want my pacman tune back for emails...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    It uses the System_Midi_Sounds.pdb database. If you install the Geek Sounds or Emerald Sounds files there are quite a few to choose from. They are avaliable at Palm Gear.
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but I'm new to the 650 and figured out how to get additional alert tones for Versamail. All custom ring tones are added to the "MIDI Ring Tones" database, but Versamail only uses the "System MIDI Sounds" database.

NOTE: All file copying, editing, deleting should be done using Filez or Fileman.

1) Copy the "MIDI Ring Tones" and the "System MIDI Sounds" databases to the SD card.

2) Delete the "System MIDI Sounds" database from RAM (internal).

3) Edit the "MIDI Ring Tones" database in RAM as follows: change the Name to "System MIDI Sounds", the Creator to "psys" and the Type to "smfr"

4) Copy (or Move) the Midi Ring tones database from SD back to RAM. (On the SD card it will show up as "MIDI_Ring_Tones.pdb").

5) Keep the original System MIDI Sounds database on the SD card if you want to revert back.

6) Enjoy your new Versamail alerts!
    GREAT FIND!! Any idea how to do the same thing with the alert tones on the World Clock alarm. I use World Clock as an alarm clock when I am on the road, and it seems that Palm chose the most subdued tones and they don't always awake me.

Thanks!
    Does anyone know how to get VersaMail to vibrate, both when sound is on and off?
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    GREAT FIND!! Any idea how to do the same thing with the alert tones on the World Clock alarm. I use World Clock as an alarm clock when I am on the road, and it seems that Palm chose the most subdued tones and they don't always awake me.

Thanks!
    I did some quick poking around and it appears that World Clock has the alert tones built into the prc in ROM. I'm sure it can be hacked - but I'm not that skilled.

A decent and inexpensive alarm clock is mobileClock. You can use any MIDI or WAV file as an alarm tone.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfacelle
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but I'm new to the 650 and figured out how to get additional alert tones for Versamail. All custom ring tones are added to the "MIDI Ring Tones" database, but Versamail only uses the "System MIDI Sounds" database.

NOTE: All file copying, editing, deleting should be done using Filez or Fileman.

1) Copy the "MIDI Ring Tones" and the "System MIDI Sounds" databases to the SD card.

2) Delete the "System MIDI Sounds" database from RAM (internal).

3) Edit the "MIDI Ring Tones" database in RAM as follows: change the Name to "System MIDI Sounds", the Creator to "psys" and the Type to "smfr"

4) Copy (or Move) the Midi Ring tones database from SD back to RAM. (On the SD card it will show up as "MIDI_Ring_Tones.pdb").

5) Keep the original System MIDI Sounds database on the SD card if you want to revert back.

6) Enjoy your new Versamail alerts!

You rock!!!! You know how many people are trying to do this!!! Dang your smart! Kudos!!!