Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am using Palm Desktop Version 4.1 with a Treo 600 and have just started getting Hot Sync errors saying it was unable to sync my address book because I have exceeded the maximum allowable records. It shows that I have 1243 records in my Desktop address book but it could only sync 1240 records on my Handheld address book. In addition, it doesn't tell me which 3 it left off (they aren't the last ones). I have plenty of unused memory available on my 600, so that would not seem to be the problem.

Question: Are there any work-arounds for this? If not, what other desktop applications will work on the 600 that don't have this limitation? Will they import my data from the Palm Desktop?

I use the calendar, address book and memo facilities of Palm Desktop . . . what are the advantages and disadvantages of alternative apps for these functions?
    Bummer. I had 6800 contacts on my samsung sph I330. I will definitely need more than 1200. Hope there is an answer.
    "I am using Palm Desktop Version 4.1 with a Treo 600 and have just started getting Hot Sync errors saying it was unable to sync my address book because I have exceeded the maximum allowable records"

Sounds like you might have a corrupt record. Try going to the hotsync icon and right mouse click it. Tap the "custom" menu item and changing the address to either "desktop overwrites handheld" or alternately "handheld overwrites desktop" on your next hotsync. It will do either for that hotsync and then revert back to "syncronize the files" This should fix your problem for future hotsyncs.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter
    . . . This should fix your problem for future hotsyncs.
    That did the trick ... thanks.
    thank god ! that scared the hell out of me !