1. pjs
    I've managed to get Bluetooth LAN Access working between my 650 and the Linksys USBBT100. Streaming mp3s from SlimServer software via PTunes is great. Blazer is lightning over Bluetooth.

The only major problem remaining is that when I log off of the machine that the BT adaptor is in, the connection is lost. The OS is XP Pro, SP2.

Two people have accounts on the machine and we login and out as we need to use it. I'd like to not have to leave a login active just to support Bluetooth.

Anyone else experienced this? Do you all just stay logged in?
    I have simila prob, but with pdanet & cable hhokup. as adm user on xp.. I can access pdanet & get connection..but when I log out & my wife logs on..unable to get connection thru pdanet..even though I dragged pdanet to shared file folder. any idea how I can use pdanet for all users & not just administer?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    PJS, what are your settings? I have tried to get my 650 to surf the web via bluetooth connecting to my pc to no avail. I can hotsynch my 650 but cannot surf. I am using a dell with XP SP2. any ideas?

Thanks, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by pjs
    I've managed to get Bluetooth LAN Access working between my 650 and the Linksys USBBT100. Streaming mp3s from SlimServer software via PTunes is great. Blazer is lightning over Bluetooth.

The only major problem remaining is that when I log off of the machine that the BT adaptor is in, the connection is lost. The OS is XP Pro, SP2.

Two people have accounts on the machine and we login and out as we need to use it. I'd like to not have to leave a login active just to support Bluetooth.

Anyone else experienced this? Do you all just stay logged in?

Sorry bit this is the way WinXP performs. when not logged in nothing is running. Runnig processes are based on the user login.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  5. pjs
    when not logged in nothing is running
    jerzy, on XP (and any NT-based OS) device drivers and services run independent of a user logon.

In addition to drivers, there seem to be two services and one user mode program (BTTray) that provide the Bluetooth functionality. I'll bet it's possible to get the Bluetooth software to work while logged off.
  6. pjs
    sngtrkwr,

I used the info here:

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

and here ("Reverse DUN works" TC thread):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64496

Sounds like you need to set up the Network Access BT service on your PC and enable Internet Connection Sharing. Watch out for the native BT stack provided with XP SP2. You'll need to make sure that you use the driver provided by the BT adaptor vendor instead. The first link should tell you everything you need.
  7. pjs
    For anyone else interested, I've found a solution to the problem of Bluetooth Network Access shuting down when you log off of XP.

I use the Linksys USBBT100 adaptor, but I think most of them use the same drivers (WIDCOMM) so this fix should work with others as well.

It's simple: Configure the BTStackServer.exe program to run on system startup as a Scheduled Task. Have it run under your user account.

You'll still need to run BTTray.exe to get through the initial device pairing, but it's not needed after that. I took it out of the Startup folder, but I don't know that you have to. I think it was BTTray that was launching BTStackServer. In any event, not needed anymore.

Bluetooth Network Access at home is great on the 650. I stream mp3 at 224kbps, and surfing is very fast. Vision is very good, but this is so much better. If you've got broadband, pick up a $20 BT adaptor and enjoy.