Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    anyone having probs with the 5 key and the nub with the paint coming off? wonder if it will affect the other keys and the leeters and numbers wearing off overtime?

this was posted from my 650
    That sucks, I didn't notice that, I have the same issue.

One thing I noticed on my first phone is that I wore the "chrome" off the center button of the 5-way, and it is brass colored underneath. This was caused by me setting it down on the face like I used to do with my I-330. The 330 has a ridge on the sides that the phone rests on, protecting the keys.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Don't understand. Paint coming off the number 5, or just the nub? Can you post pics?
    I also have noticed that the center button of the 5-way has "chrome" off booo
    off of the new 650? In less than a month? or off an old 600. My 600 kinda lost some chrome because of sliding into the pocket sleeve case. thats about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    off of the new 650? In less than a month? or off an old 600. My 600 kinda lost some chrome because of sliding into the pocket sleeve case. thats about it.
    Off my first 650 in the first week I had it. I have had three 650's trying to get one without the sound quality issue, and now have the sound patch, and still have some complaints.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Don't understand. Paint coming off the number 5, or just the nub? Can you post pics?
    paint coming off the nub on the 5 key its now white where the dot was blue before
    mt
    Same here. Also, the same thing happened with my GSM 600 pretty quickly. However, for me, this registers at zero on the issues scale
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    paint coming off the nub on the 5 key its now white where the dot was blue before
    mt
    Just noticed this today on mine.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    It is not waring off. It comes like that out of the box. It just looks worse when the keyboard backlight is on.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    the dot on the 5 key is supposed to be white.
    it is that way for ease of finding the numeric pad, at nite, with just a glance. ")
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650