1.    #1  
    Anyone heard anything from Palm on when the Cradle will be coming out? It was great of them to add the removable battery feature but without the nice cradle/second battery charger I have a $600 phone laying around on my desk.
    they will be in stock at Dan's Cellular on 1/21/05 last I heard.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Is this not getting ridiculous?
    It's been 2 1/2 months since they released the 650, yet we still don't have a cradle available. Don't get me started on the fact that it wasn't included in the box originally. You think Apple would have waited 2 1/2 months for an iPod cradle? Uh-unh.
    emailed dan's cellular today and dan said now he is being told March for the cradle.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    March??
    ya makes me wonder WTF is up with p1 on thisd deal.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Man, every time I hear an estimate on this thing it is further out (remember when it was estimated for January ... then February?).

I'm not big on griping in these forums, but it really is getting pitiful (assuming this newest report turns out to be true).

ChickenHawk
    What is the deal anyway? Why not have a cradle ready to go now?
    Does it need special software? No.
    Does it need a complex design? No.

It's just a damn cradle. A piece of plastic with a connector stuck into it. One guy on this forum made his own in a garage!

Can anybody here think of ANY reason why they have not made a cradle already?

Damn right they should have included one, and if they sell it, it should be about $20.00, not $40 or $50 as anticipated.
    I have it on good authority that PalmOne will finish the cradle by March 21, 2067. It will be immediately followed by the release of the first service patch for the 650.
    That's good news! Oh, wait, I'll be dead by then!

ChickenHawk
    Definitely have to admit, I'm pretty annoyed I don't get a cradle with a $600 top of the line device...but it's just baffling that they still don't have it avail. for purchase.
    1 | 2