Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I was working w my t650 and all of a sudden it resets and goes to a white screen and the phone app is dead. When I hit the phone button nothing happens.

"Error in app Phone.

error log says error in vfsdbcache.c line 3539 trailing spaces found in entry."

Takes a hard reset to fix. WTF! I'm getting tired of this phone.. It barely works for a day w/o locking up or resetting. My T600 never had these issues.
    Last edited by scmguru; 01/03/2005 at 09:56 AM.
    What were you doing when you were working with it? Were you making a call? It almost sounds like it dialed a contact with something in the phone number it didn't like.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    No I was browsing the web and the unit reset and then never ran again until I did a hard reset. I don't understand what the heck is wrong with this phone and why is it so darn squirrelly?
    The 650 seems extremely prone to database corruptions. This has to do directly with the NVFS filesystem they are using, well rather the driver to read/write to it. It seems to contain some serious glitches that every once in a while corrupts the phones memory. Just hold on for palm to release a memory update. I'm sure they are working on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The 650 seems extremely prone to database corruptions. This has to do directly with the NVFS filesystem they are using, well rather the driver to read/write to it. It seems to contain some serious glitches that every once in a while corrupts the phones memory. Just hold on for palm to release a memory update. I'm sure they are working on it...
    Boy the NVFS was a great idea, too bad PalmOne didn't/doesn't know how to use it properly! Looks like the T5 and 650 users are beta testing technology for PalmOne .

They should lock the 650 engineers in a room and say "You are not leaving till these issues are corrected." I have seen this done on rare occasions in the Government and it usually gets results pretty quickly .
    DIE PALMONE! DIE!!
    I'm on vacation. Treo resets while composing an SMS.. restarts and all my contacts are gone. Tried syncing contacts wirelessly (got my pc setup for wireless sync) no luck. tried deleting the contacts db and resyncing contacts, no luck.. finally gave up and did a hard reset and a full wireless sync. Took me a nice 2 hours or so but it's back to normal now