1.    #1  
    I was walking from one room to another in my house when the home phone started to ring. Naturally (teen kids) the phone wasn't in the cradle. I found the phone just in time to prevent it from going to voice-mail, so didn't stop to look at Caller-ID. Hello? Hello? No one there.

After I hung up I looked at the Caller-ID. It was my cell!! I checked my Treo call-log, and -sure enough- it had made the call.

The phone was in the side-case (the one PalmOne sells). I have the keyboard lock enabled, so the center-button has to be pressed to wake up the phone.

Once unlocked in the phone app, the "highlighted" favorite button IS my home phone, but I still can't fathom how the right sequence of buttons could possibly be pressed while in the case. Gremlins?

ChickenHawk
    Well... if the phone woke up for some reason (i.e. network search, etc) AND the center button was pressed by being in the case, I can see how that could happen.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    I forgot to mention that the last actual call I DID make was to home an hour previously. So, perhaps re-dial was triggered somehow. Still, I'm not sure how that can happen.

ChickenHawk
    I have had the phone wake up at weird times...interesting.

If anyone ever wants to hear an awful story about unintended phone calls -- I once accidentally speed-dialed my girlfriend when my phone was in my pocket. Right after we had a fight. I was b!tching to my best friend about our fight and THE WHOLE CONVERSATION was recorded on her answering machine. No lie. I called her up later and was really nice, and she was pissed about something, and finally told me everything I said had been on her machine.

Yes, she's now an ex. -Sigh-
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoScott
    I have had the phone wake up at weird times...interesting.

If anyone ever wants to hear an awful story about unintended phone calls -- I once accidentally speed-dialed my girlfriend when my phone was in my pocket. Right after we had a fight. I was b!tching to my best friend about our fight and THE WHOLE CONVERSATION was recorded on her answering machine. No lie. I called her up later and was really nice, and she was pissed about something, and finally told me everything I said had been on her machine.

Yes, she's now an ex. -Sigh-

Holly Crap! (sorry for the off topic)

I had a similar thing happen when at an event with some friends. One "friend" borrowed another's cell phone, he didn't get a hold of his girlfriend, and didn't get the phone hung up. He set it down in the motor home and went outside. A friend and I were the only ones in their, and we began to talk about the terrible relationship he had with his girlfriend. A few days after returning home, the friend I was talking to told me she got a letter from the guys girlfriend that our entire conversation was recorded on her voicemail.

This is one reason I would still prefer a flip phone! When it's closed, it's off. But I suppose in this case, I need all my friends to get one also.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    That's a horrible story. i've done that on purpose before and got the exact opposite out of my girlfriend.
    I called on my cell and was talking about some bs about sports to my frat brother but I waited to make sure she picked up and she sure enough stayed on the phone the WHOLE time. so I put my frat brother down to play along. it was great! I said how she was so great and that I wouldn't be able to go out with the guys this weekend and all this. she called me (but didn't say that she overheard my entire conversation but that she loved me so much and all. you should ALL try this. I guarantee your approval rating will go through the wall!
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  7.    #7  
    OK, I see there are both advantages and dis-advantages to self-dialing phones.

I'll count myself lucky for my meager experience.

ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    OK, I see there are both advantages and dis-advantages to self-dialing phones.

I'll count myself lucky for my meager experience.

ChickenHawk
    That's actually kind of funny, I've never heard of anyone accidently calling themself.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Did you hear a voice whisper, "7 days"?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    Did you hear a voice whisper, "7 days"?
    It'd be hard to differentiate between that and all the voices I usually hear!

ChickenHawk