1.    #1  
    im new to this board and still a novice. when i go to applications and hit delete it brings up some files im not familiar with im trying to make more room.

here is the list just like to know what they are
    D GRAPH CONVERTER
    DS LIB
    FINGER
    HS SYSTEMRESOURCES
    HS TRACE DATA HEAD
    LEXLIB
    SMARTCHART
    WP_P2P
    thank in advance for your responses this board has been great im learning alot
    joel
    Most of those files in your list look like sytem files of some sort or another. If you're not sure what a specific file is for, you're best bet is to leave it alone.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    is there a way to see what they stand for?
    Google them. DGraphConverter is a component of Docs To Go, so if you're not going to use DTG, you can whack it.

Some other thoughts:
    1. You won't be able to delete anything the system doesn't want you to. I.e., if something is in ROM (like all the built-in apps), they won't appear in the Delete list.
    2. Look in the Beam list (from the launcher, press the menu key and pick Beam). Anything with a lock by it is either in ROM or it's a registered app that does not allow beaming.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    im new to this board and still a novice. when i go to applications and hit delete it brings up some files im not familiar with im trying to make more room.

here is the list just like to know what they are
    D GRAPH CONVERTER
    DS LIB
    FINGER
    HS SYSTEMRESOURCES
    HS TRACE DATA HEAD
    LEXLIB
    SMARTCHART
    WP_P2P
    thank in advance for your responses this board has been great im learning alot
    joel
    davecombs's suggestion of Googling the file is a great idea. Some apps come with additional files (code libraries, databases, etc.) which might look mysterious until you delete them. Then the next time you try to run the app that uses it, the app will fail.

In addition to cleaning out junk files you might want to look into PowerRun or ZLauncher. They keep the app and associated files on the SD card until you need them. Good for apps that won't run straight off the SD card. I've got a ton of apps including Docs2Go, MMPlayer, SnapperMail, etc. etc. etc. and I currently have 8mb free.

Also, Docs2Go has a utility called DataViz Tech Tool on their web site that keeps most of Docs2Go on your SD card. You can search this discussion board for all three tools for more info.
    Dave
  6.    #6  
    thank your info was very helpful