1.    #1  
    When I'm in my phone app, there is a "1" to the right of the Voicemail button. I presume that it means one new voicemail, but I don't. I've also went Phone perferences and clicked the "Clear Voicemail Icon" numerous times. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.
    I have noticed the same thing, and have tried the same things to clear it.

My theory is that it means the Numeric "1" button is also assigned to VoiceMail (Hold down the number 1 and you'll dial VM).

Try leaving yourself 3 voice mails and see if the number changes. I never cared enough to try that (the ultimate in lazy!) but that would be the acid test.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Looking at my phone app and I do not have a "1" anywhere.
    Yeah its got a 1 next to my Voicemail as well. I have no idea why either.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    it is the speed dial key assigned to voicemail....if you assign other phone numbers to the other keys they will show as well
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    um yeah it'ws obviously for holding down the 1 button. If you would try this, you would see. This was that way since the Treos first came out!
    under speed dial next to my Mom's number there is an "m". any ideas????
    Hey there is a M next to my Moms number too. Must be the default.
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    if you assign other phone numbers to the other keys they will show as well
    Except that you apparently cannot assign numeric speed dial's, only alpha ones...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Last few posts, you are misunderstanding. Next to the voicemail indicator at the top of the screen a "1" appears. Meaning the little envelope that pops up when you get a voicemail is not just an envelope, but an envelope with a 1.

djrickp do you have any of the custom splash screens installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Last few posts, you are misunderstanding. Next to the voicemail indicator...
    Button was used in the original post, not indicator.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    If it's an envelope down in the blue bar to the left of the clock in the Phone application, then it's VersaMail telling you how many messages it has pulled down from your accounts. If it's at the very top right of the screen (where the voicemail icon shows up), it's the number of unread SMS or PictureMail messages. (User manual, p. 55)
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    The "M" stands for "Mobile" number. The Treo picked this up from when you set the favorite. It would also use "H" for home, "W" for work, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    The "M" stands for "Mobile" number. The Treo picked this up from when you set the favorite. It would also use "H" for home, "W" for work, etc.
    No...it stands for MOM...it was a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    I don't have a work phone # for my friend Wyatt, but there is a "W" next to his name.
    Last edited by skydivewags; 01/03/2005 at 02:40 PM.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Ok...here's the weirdest thing....if you dial a "9", then a "1" and then another "1"...you get some lady asking if you're alright and when you don't answer the police magically show up where ever you are. Isn't that awesome!
    Has anyone else had this happen when the key combination 9-1-1 is pressed in their phone app. I wonder if this is another P1 bug?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    To the people asking, how much have you played with your phones? I have seen the same things, but was able to figure them out quite quickly. For example holding the 1 down on any phone I have ever had that I can think of has always speed dialed me to my voicemail (maybe just GSM I can't remember on TDMA). And as stated the leters to the right if they are formated like this (M), (W) etc are for the label on the number such as home, work etc. If you didn't intend to add a work number for someone for example you should go into the contact and check, it may have put it there by default if you added it from the call log or sometihng like that for example. A letter next to a name on the button like " Mom T" the T is the speed dial button.

Hope that helps some.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Button was used in the original post, not indicator.
    I guess you're right!