Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    what's so hard on sending sms' with your treo while driving...? it's easy...and I drive good. you must be the type that keeps both hands on the steering wheel at the 10:00 and 2:00 positions.
    Not that its hard to write the SMS, but its dangerous to take your eyes off the road. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. In-addition, it is also one of the leading causes of car accidents (cell-phone/pda use).
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    ...the gsm unlocked 650 will be out in less than 2 months...
    Are you just being super-conservative with this GSM release estimate, or do you have real information indicating a (grumble) March release? Everything I've heard/seen/read/inferred indicates the GSM should be out this month, possibly as early as Monday. If this thing doesn't come out till March then I'm getting a Nokia 9500 Communicator even if I am cutting off my nose to spite my face; even if the 9500 is a brick; even though there is much more limited software for the Symbian OS; even though my wife will kill me when she realizes how much I spent on a phone. I CANNOT WAIT TILL MARCH! Okay, I'm not a child (or am I?) I can wait till March, but why the hell should I have to wait that long when the stupid CDMA Sprint version has been out for like forever already. Why is P1 punishing us GSMer's? Oh wait the Sprint version is buggy as hell. Nevermind.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    farzon...you reaching a bit far. cell phone / pda use is a leading cause...? pda use....? lol @ everyone on the road using pdas. yeah....not a good look or you kid.
    *for

yeah...posting from the 650. death free.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    farzon...you reaching a bit far. cell phone / pda use is a leading cause...? pda use....? lol @ everyone on the road using pdas. yeah....not a good look or you kid.
    Its obviouse that the statistics are bassed on cellphone use. I added PDA for its relevance to this topic. I guess that what most people find obviouse is not to you.

I am not reaching at all on this topic. Read the following arcticles (cellphone use while driving is becomming illegal in many countries, even in many states in the US... including New York/New Jersey).

http://www.cellular-news.com/car_bans/
    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/21/1728_55265
    Your too crazy yeah yeah, you shouldn't risk it, I don't think you would want someones death on your hands if you crash.
    "LESS THEN 2 MONTHS" (if you can believe yet ANOTHER prognosticator), considering this is only January 4th sounds more like February then March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Are you just being super-conservative with this GSM release estimate, or do you have real information indicating a (grumble) March release?
    In New York you can use cellphones in the car, but they have to be hands-free. It worked for a little while when it just came into effect and was a big news story, but now I don't think most people care anymore. I still see people driving holding the phone to their head.

I do think tapping out a SMS while you're driving is too dicey. As farzonalmaneih mentioned, it's not the one-handed driving but taking your eyes off the road, which is even worse for a SMS than dialing.
    I am going to throw in my perspective of a Treo 600 lover upgrading to the 6601. I am also active on over 5 forums with the Treo & 6601 phones so I a have grounding of the reality of each phone....both pros and cons, and issues and strengths.

This will be long....so dont flame me, just skip it if you are not interested. But I will be honest and answer the concerns raised in detail for those who are truly interested or are at that point of deciding which phone is really right for them.

The first thing is there is no ONE phone for EVERYONE!!!! But there is that perfect phone for everyone!!! So, let's get that loyalist mentality out of the way first thing. I have have already posted comments related directly to just about each and every issue raised on this thread throughout the different forums here at TC. So I will just quote myself where appropriate:

PC VS MAC USE: I cannot address this as I use WinXP. All I can say is that there are some how have had challenges with it, and they got it to work. Some searches through other forums might help you out. I think this may be the source of some of your issues. But beyond that you might have arrange a meeting so Bill Gates can sit down and have a pleasant conversation with Steve Jobs about the issue.

WIFI: A MUST!!! I addressed this in a post: Whiners whining about the Wifi whiners whining about no Wifi! . Here is a small quote:

I cannot believe people are upset that other people may actually need a feature that they don't. There is nother wrong in saying that if P1 does not integrate Wifi, then please at least support a Wifi card for those who really do NEED it!

We should not have to defend over and over again that there IS A NEED for Wifi beyond the personal needs of the users who are whiners whining about the wifi whiners whining about no Wifi.

The whiners whining about the wifi whiners, have used the following arguements to justify not needing Wifi or access to it in other threads....
    • it's a cell phone use your carrier, stupid....in the US that is NOT an option if you roam. If you are out of coverage and in Roam....you loose ALL DATA TRANSFER options through your cell phone carrier!

Even though Sprint has a pretty good coverage area, there are still HUGE chunks of the US that are roaming. I am often times in roaming mode in backwaters, OR, ID, CA, and WY. When you roam...No Vision...No Vision then No Data....No Data then No Internet....No Internet then No Email or Web Access. No Internet or Email Access then I am tough out of luck while sitting in a McDonalds with Wifi waves flying all around me begging to be used for free.

Take a look at the light green on the Sprint map for OR, WA, ID, and WY and you will see what I am talking about, as all of that area has NO data access with the carrier.

EDIT: Here is a link to see how much of the US is still in Digital Roaming: http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pop...talRoaming.html

Not to mention those outside of the USA who have to pay major money to use their carrier for data when Wifi would be free.

These two points along justify a need for at least an option for a Wifi card.......
    As for the Wifi strength. You are comparing a built in Wifi to a card wifi? Or are you comparing it to the built in GSM wifi? I cannot comment on the built in GSM wifi.......but I use the Socket Wifi Card with the CDMA sprint 6601 and maintain an average of 75% strength around my house and in other networks. I am usually always at 11mbs. I am using the latest drivers from Socket off the web. This card is also very power conserative for wifi. Maybe my card is just better than yours, but it can and does get a just as good reception as my PCMCIA wireless card on my laptop.

PPC-6601 NOT RECOGNIZING NUMBER AREAS: This claim is funny, when in the phone program, it recognizes numbers just fine without specifying with the keyboard function button to use numbers. This is simply a programers job to make sure it works. The phone supports it just fine. There are several programs that have recognized a number field and used the number on the keyboard just fine. I think he was just look for things to go wrong at this point.

BATTERY LIFE: This seems like it is often considered an easy jab at the PPC-6601.....but believe me, it does hold it's own. Here is post I posted this morning over at PocketPCthoughts.com:

Whenever you have a phone that offers all the functionality and features that this phone has (large screen, BT, Wifi support, Vision, etc..), you will have to be aware of battery life.....but not necesarily concerned.

At worst....it is as advertised. Runing heavy use and talk time for 3-4 hours with 2 week standby time.

At best...it surprises me at how well it does.

As with ANY phone, it is the communication tools that suck the battery life. BT will eat through the power faster, but not near as bad as I thought it would be before I got the phone. The Socket Wifi card is a low consumption card, and will go through power even faster, but not bad if you are aware of it and plan for it.

For example yesterday I flew home from Dallas yesterday with a full charge in the morning and here is what I did with my phone:
    • Unpluged and started Standby time starting at 7:00 am
    • Talk time through whole day around 45-65 minutes
    • BT time with BT Keyboard & BT Mouse 60-80 minutes
    • Reading news on Express / Playing games 35-45 minutes
    • Charged phone for exactly 12 minutes at a plug waiting for plane.
    • Email check every 30 minutes with Vision.
    • Forgot to plug phone in when I FINALLY got home with 2 delayed flights.
    • This morning at 9:00 am it was still at 20%
    This would have been good even for my Treo 600 and it didn't even have BT. I have all the same tools for surviving battery life for my 6601 as I did for my 600:
    • Extra battery
    • Travel wall Charger
    • Travel car charger
    • AA battery portable battery supply (good for at least 1-2 recharges)
    The thing I can say about the 6601 is that this is fastes recharging phone I have ever owned. I clocked it in the cradle charging a full percent in around 30 seconds. I think my car charger is around the same so, if you take a lunch break mid day and you charge it in the car along the way in twenty minutes you could charge your phone back up 30-40% and be ready for the rest of the day.

It all boils down to how you use it and, as with any phone, basic planning to meet your power needs.
    SPEAKERPHONE, RINGTONE VOLUME, ETC..: This is often a case of volume of the file you are using for your ringtone. I rang several ring tones though my software on my laptop to up the volume and they are great....in fact I often have to turn the volume down while at work so my Mission Impossible ringtone doesn't distract too much. And of course....if you have a wrap around case, it IS going to muffle the ringtone. That is a case issue, not a phone issue.

Speaker phone. Mine works just as expected and far better than my treo 600 did or a fellow manager's does on his 650 (see story below). I cannot believe you would expect the speaker phone to work optiminally in a moving car. I do use mine in my car, when grandma want to talk to all the kids at once and it worked as I good as I would expect. She heard everyone just fine and we could hear her in both the front and back seats of my Honda Passport SUV.

The earpiece volume is VERY loud and cannot keep mine up to full volume when using it.

This has been the same on each of my 6601 phones.

HARDWARE QUALITY: Both have issues:
    Treo 650:
    A great resource for finding reviews and issues for the 650 is here and TreoCentral.com .

Wifi. No Wifi except for user written update that I believe requires a hard reset. P1 says they will come out with one...but we are still wait for the same thing for the 600. See here for details (warning 1,075 posts long):

T5 Wifi Drivers, will they work on the Treo 650?
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=64490 )

Roaming Issues. No outgoing calls while roaming. Don't know of fix for this one yet. Here is discussion of this issue:

Roaming and Treo 650
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...&highlight=roam )

Memory Only have 32 mb of mem (compared to 128 mb on the PPC-660x). There are several issues with mem on the 650, only rights to 512kb blocks, cannot load a program larger than 10 mb (not an issue with most unless it has a large spreadsheet or database). P1 says they will have an update to address this. ETA 1 month to who knows. Here is thread covering this issue:

Good news on the memory issue
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=66341 )

OS. Not Multitasking Palm OS yet.

Sound Quality The sound I think has a patch now that fixes it. So none issue now.

PPC-660x:
    Many of the issues are Carrier related, and may not be manufacturer as much related:

BT: Imate has already addressed this. The biggest BT issue was with headsets only. I have my 6601 working out of the box with my BT keyboard, BT mouse, and BT iTreck GPS unit...all without a hitch.

The other carriers are releasing patches shortly to finalize this issue.

Sprint: Some phones have a beep that disconnects the calls (mine does only once in about 70 calls). Some phones have more frequently than others, while other still never experience it at all. They are working on update....no ETA when it will be available.

VZ: Reports of loss of signal for anywhere from a few seconds to 1.5 hours. Some of them are now starting to pinpoint the problem to EVDO areas only, but they are still trying to confirm that. So it is yet to be determined if this is a phone issue or Network issue.
    I have had to have two 6601 replaced. The first one worked great, but could not sync. The second one got a crack in the screen. I didn't drop it, but who knows if I did not realize I bumped something. Now at the same time, I replaced my Treo 4 or 5 times, and still loved it. My treo 600 cracked it's screen when I dropped it 18 inches onto a padded gym floor while in a wrap around case. It happens. The 600 & 650 has quality control issue, and the 6601 has quality control issues. The law of averages dictates there will be issues. I think all here cannot deny that P1 took those odds to the limit with the 600. (I wonder what the results would be for a poll for all treo owners, how many had to replace theirs once...if not 6 times).

As far as the keyboard fall off issue....this is nothing than purely exaggerated. Sure there are issues with keyboards....heck there are issues with keys falling off the 650. But in both cases, it is by far the minority. I have only heard urban legends repeated of a single keyboard falling off (and I can only imagine the story that is not being told about how he "really" got that keyboard off as I am sure there must be a 3 yr old, peanut butter sandwich, and screwdriver evolved somewhere in it). Yes there are people who have had problems, but most posts across all the forums are either saying

1) The keyboard loosens over time, but locks into up and down position fine.
    2) Or...Well built, solid phone, etc...

All I can say personally even after replacing two phones myself, is that I do feel that the 6601 is a solid built phone as a whole.

NAVIGATION, ONE HANDED OPERATION, ETC..: I addressed all of these issues here: Using 6601 On the Road for Week..... . Here are two quotes:

Size: I wanted to cover this first as this is probably the number one fear factor against the 660x. I have to say that I have VERY small hands for a man, so this was a concern for me when I ordered it before I had a chance to hold it.

There is no doubt that the 660x is wider and taller than the Treo...we have all seen the pictures and seen the specs. But even I find it still very manageable, though not quite as comfortable as the Treo. I can even open the keyboard one handed quite efficiently (though it is easier with two). If you are looking for that sleek, sexy, small, cute phone that will close the deal for your Saturday night date, then this is may not be for you.....unless you put her picture as your wallpaper on the incredible screen (not a recommended tactic if you have not gone out with her yet!)

I am sure that the specs show the 6601 weighs more, but when holding it that thought never even entered my mind. It is very light, especially compared to other attempts at a PPC based convergence phone.

Pro or Con? I would not count this as an official con as I feel they did a good job in keeping a relative small size with such a large and incredible screen. Though I understand that for some a single mm larger than a Treo is deal killer, no matter what the benefits are. Please see next section for final opinion.

One Handed Operation: I do have to say that yes there is no doubt that it is easier with one handed operation on the Treo. But with that said, I have found that I can do a lot with the 11 buttons on the phone, especially since that 8 of them can be assigned to any program or a selection of commands. For instance, I assigned one button to switch from Landscape and Portrait with just a click of a button. Also with one click, I have my contacts, my calendar, my phone, web Brower, Media player, or email. Most of these are available with a single tap of the finger on the start page as well....along with a summary of the status, i.e. "3 unread emails for Personal Email Account", so you know at a glance if you even want to check it out or not.

Now with voice command added, I can see how this will only be enhanced. You can just say a name and have it dial the number. You can say the name of a program and it will launch.

Pro or Con? The Treo is more one handed friendly, but not so much as to make this issue even close to a deciding factor. Bottom line is Yes, I can do most of what I want to one handed on the 660x, i.e. make a call, launch a program, etc... but do find it more comfortable using two hands, often times just for additional piece of mind for not dropping a new $629 phone. The bigger your hand the easier on handed op is....and believe me you will find it easier than I do.

Navigation: This follows right behind one handed operation. Before I get into this......This is not a chance to flame in defense of your loyalty to an OS. This an observation in actual use.

As far as navigating the OS, I have read a lot of Palm users complain or express concern in how cumbersome a PPC is to navigate......but in practice I do not find a huge difference from Palm. I am sure that most Treo users had some sort of launcher, i.e. Zlauncher or SilverScreen. That was organized in folders with programs inside. You browsed the folders and then selected the program you wanted and launched it. Some did this with a the 5-way nav and some with a stylus.

Mobile 2003 on the 660x it is the same way. All one handed, just push the physical menu button and then with the 5-way navigation select a recently used program, a favorite program always at the top of the menu, or Programs to browse the folders. I have found that the most used programs are available with one of the 8 programmable buttons, on the Start Page, or wind up right there ready to launch on the Start Menu without browsing the folders. I never would have guessed, but to my dismay, I found that I could find and launch programs faster on the 6601 than I could on my Treo.

A Start Page add-on, will only enhance the ease of this process.

I have found that I can use my finger for a lot of stylus use. I have only really used the stylus when taking notes, or working in a specific program like Excel, using the File Manager, or playing a game.

Keyboard: This is very nicely layout out and easy to use. I was little worried about the keys not actually being buttons, but I have not missed a button I have aimed for yet, my superior gift for typos not withstanding. When using the Keyboard, you really do need to use 2 hands to get your typing done with any speed, but I always used 2 hands when I used the keyboard on my Treo as well.

The footprint is definitely bigger than the Treo with the Keyboard slid out, but when you are done actually typing, it is easy to slide it away. Even with the keyboard left out, it is still easy to navigate one handed as stated above. I will tell you, if you want to get some attention with the Wow factor, just slide that keyboard out when someone walks by, and believe me you have their attention. It really is pretty cool, as well as nicely designed and easy to use.

The sliding action of the keyboard feels solid, with no concerns about it wearing or breaking.

The con to the keyboard is that it is not always out.

The Pro to the keyboard is that it is not always out.

The truth is I have found it all depends on the situation....but I am finding it nicer to have it not always out, but easily accessible.
    As far as the misconception that you always need a stylus for the 6601:
    I had the unfortunate event of having my screen crack in the bottom left corner on my 6601. During the process to have it exchanged through warrenty rather than insurance (my new phone should be here tomorrow) I had a great opportunity to really test the navigation of the 6601 on the road WITHOUT using the stylus for over a week.....which is a major con claimed by many 6601 detractors (aka Treo Diehard Defenders http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif ) that you have to use the stylus for everything on the 6601.

I could still use the touch screen but the bottom 1/4 of it was WAY off calibration, if I could use it at all with touch. So I was left mostly with hardware buttons, the keyboard, and voice command for the majority of what I wanted to do.

This has only confirmed my original review of the ease of navigation with the 6601. I would first use voice command to dial a number, look up a contact, or launch a program. If I was not able to do that (i.e. in a business meetting), it was really easy to use the 5 way nav to launch any program I wanted. To manually look up a contact I just clicked the contact button and either 5 way nav'ed down or simply typed in first letters of the name. So I can now say that I rarely used the stylus for over a week on my 6601 while on the road with heavy phone, PDA, web browsing, and email use.

The only exception to this was games as so many cool games are stylus dependent.

Again, is the Treo more one handed friendly.....most certainly!!!!!! But is it that much of an difference to make a deal weighing decision.....certainly NOT!!!!!!
    With the 5 way nav on the PPC-6600 style phone, software and OS nav has become a [Edit] moot (http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif) point. Just like the when the Treo 600 first released, the 5 way nav had to wait for software to take full advantage of it to show it's true power. The PPC-6601 is in that stage now. It has the power and can be used to 80% of it's potential...we are just waiting for software developers to take full advantage of it.
    VOICE COMMAND: I have found this work brilliantly...even when I have cold. I use it all the time. I have found nothing but great reviews across all the forums on this. Here is mine:
    Must Have: VOICE COMMAND: ABSOLUTELY A MUST!!!! Whether this should of already been standard on the phone could be debated, there is no doubt the $30 is more than worth it. There is no voice training. You do not have to assign a voice command for each contact or software program. The program reads the names and listens for you to say it. It is ready and accurate right out of the box.

Since I don't use Voice Memos, I assigned that button for the Voice Command. You just click the button say "Call <Name> on mobile" and it calls their cell phone. It is even smart enough to confirm if it is not sure. You can even say "Launch <Program Name>" and it will launch it for you....no nav through menus or folders to find it.
    NO ACCESSORIES FOR PPC-6601: This has not been brought up yet in this thread, but if there is a complaint session about the 6601....someone will pull this one out from under the rug sooner or later. So here is my proactive response to that:

Accessories for PPC-660x/SX66/VZ6600

EMAIL, SMS WHILE DRIVING?: + = Just stay in your own city and I hope I never visit yours.

PICKING THE RIGHT PHONE FOR THE RIGHT JOB: Both phones are great phones. Both phones have unique qualities that will fit many situations better than the other. Some people chose or defend their phone out of loyality to the phone or the the OS, while others choose their phone that will meet the needs they face in their daily life. Here is prime example I posted in Innocent 650 vs 6601 Business Trip Showdown :

I wanted to share this unique experience that I had with a colleague of mine. Now please remember I loved my 600 and still like many aspects of the 650, ie the form factor, but due to the demands of my job chose the 6601 as I felt it suited my personal needs more.

I have a fellow manager with the 650 who always made a point to laugh at or put down my 6601 until he had to still carry his laptop around on two trips we took together this last month because of the limitations of the 650. I was able to leave my laptop at home each trip for the simple fact my phone has Wifi capabilities. He constantly pointed out how much bigger he felt the phone was over his 650 (though in reality was not a very big difference). But let's see....a couple mm bigger phone or a treo 650 with a laptop, bag, and all necessary accessories....which is more convenient? This point struck home when we were boarding the plane and he thought I left me laptop in the terminal, until I told him I left it in the office as I didn't need it because I had my 6601 with me.

Plus the speaker phone on my 6601 was far superior to the 650 so we had to use my phone for each of our conference calls. (am not not sure if this was the case with his 650 speaker phone or all 650 models.)

Plus, since we were in a Roaming Area, he did not have any internet access options on his 650 (roaming no Vision, no vision no internet, no internet no web or email access) so he constantly had to borrow mine with my Wifi card to check his stats and emails.

Plus since mine was the only one that could sync with the BT GPS that we borrowed from a friend (due to the 650 crippled BT) we had to us my 6601 for all the navigation in the rental car.

PLUS I forgot to mention he couldn't even make out going calls while in Roaming, so he had to use mine several times to call Corp or his boss.

Plus due to limited memory I saw him uninstall two programs during the trips to add the another he needed.

It's funny that he has not said a single thing, positive or negative about my phone since those trips.....I think after all the guff he dished out prior to the trips putting down my decision to go with the 6601 over the 650 put him in a bad spot when he become so dependent on the 6601 when his 650 could not pull the job. Just a single example of some of the reasons I personally chose the 6601 over the 650.

I have always recognized that every phone has it's target market that fits perferctly for it's customers. I know a lot people who love the 650, and rightly so, as it fits their needs just perfectly. But I cant decide to laugh at or be concerned for those that are so close minded that they get so hooked on a single phone that they cannot recognize there really are other options out there that could possibly do a better job with what they want to do.

CONCLUSION: Most of the concerns and fears expressed on this forum for the 660x I have found to be largely unfounded or exaggerated (probably mostly by those who have not had a chance to use it yet), though I do recognize that they may be personally valid depending on your individual needs or likes as it takes all kinds to make the retail world go round.

As always, it comes down to your likes, dislikes, any loyalty to a company vs usefulness to your needs......or simply just boiled down to the lesser of two evils.

The bottom line for me is that BOTH phones have issues. The issues with the 660x seem to be fixable with updates. While the 650 has several issues that may be more hardware related than software related, which makes it near impossible to address without a recall.

All in all, after using the 660x for around 2 months, including on extensive road trips, I am very happy with it. At the end of the day I am glad I got the 6601. I tend to upgrade my phone every 12 to 18 months, so when the Treo 700 comes out, I will be looking at that to see if it has stepped up to the plate to regain the lead as the 600 did during it's release.....or if the next generation following the 6600 will stay a step ahead of the trend that the Treo started.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/05/2005 at 05:32 PM.
    Let's hope that the 6600 fixes all of the bugs in the 6601, of which there are many. It's cool that they are EV-DO. If the bugs get fixed, they'd be phones that you could actually keep for over a year without becoming obsolete! That'd be a really nice bonus.
    I also hope that the 700 will fix all the bugs of the 650...so maybe I can come back.
    Hobbes
    That 's a long post,
    I do not think that will make us believe in PPC.
    As I think many on this forum can confirm, I have no intention of converting anyone to any single philosophy. It is more just making sure that those who are reading these forums who are serious about an honest unbiased opinion get the chance to make the decision for themselves for the phone that best suites their personal needs and personal preferences. Several of my friends have the 650 and love it, and rightly so as it suites their needs just perfectly.

If anyone does their research on the benefits and challenges of each phone, there is not much of a doubt in my mind that that whatever phone they choose they will love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    As I think many on this forum can confirm, I have no intention of converting anyone to any single philosophy. It is more just making sure that those who are reading these forums who are serious about an honest unbiased opinion get the chance to make the decision for themselves for the phone that best suites their personal needs and personal preferences. Several of my friends have the 650 and love it, and rightly so as it suites their needs just perfectly.

If anyone does their research on the benefits and challenges of each phone, there is not much of a doubt in my mind that that whatever phone they choose they will love it.
    Your past use of treo and a fair opinion does have some credibility.
    No to ppc for a year as hp 6315 was a terrible experience for me.
    Waiting waiting waiting......for a GSM T650.
    Used Treo 600 was happy with it. Got tired of waiting for 650. Now use Cingular SX66, I am very happy with it. I use XP on my desk top and have had no problems with the SX66. Running the same apps that I used on my Treo 600, so I had to spend some money getting the Pocket PC versions: Act Link, wold mate, eReader Pro, Pocket DVD and pocket quicken.

WiFi works great all over my house. I keep it plugged in when at my desk, battery not an issue so far. Go the car charger just in case. No camera is a downside. Speaker phone volume does suck. Ringer could be louder. BT works great for sync with PC but the Jabra 250 is horrible. I think its an issue with the Jabra and not the phone.

My SX66 came unlocked, I don't know if it was a mistake on Cingular's part, or if all SX66s will be unlocked.

Agree, Voice Comand a must. It Rocks!!! I don't have to mess with the phone while driving. I can dial by name or number, get date and time, get battery level and signal strength info, check schedule, ask for missed calls, redial, set ringer volume, set vibrate on/off, start media player and choose songs by genre or artist, skip, stop, pause, next, prior track. Also tells me who is calling when the phone rings if the number matches one in the contact list. Best of all, no training required.

Good Bye Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latin Traveler
    Used Treo 600 was happy with it. Got tired of waiting for 650. Now use Cingular SX66, I am very happy with it. I use XP on my desk top and have had no problems with the SX66. Running the same apps that I used on my Treo 600, so I had to spend some money getting the Pocket PC versions: Act Link, wold mate, eReader Pro, Pocket DVD and pocket quicken.

WiFi works great all over my house. I keep it plugged in when at my desk, battery not an issue so far. Go the car charger just in case. No camera is a downside. Speaker phone volume does suck. Ringer could be louder. BT works great for sync with PC but the Jabra 250 is horrible. I think its an issue with the Jabra and not the phone.

My SX66 came unlocked, I don't know if it was a mistake on Cingular's part, or if all SX66s will be unlocked.

Agree, Voice Comand a must. It Rocks!!! I don't have to mess with the phone while driving. I can dial by name or number, get date and time, get battery level and signal strength info, check schedule, ask for missed calls, redial, set ringer volume, set vibrate on/off, start media player and choose songs by genre or artist, skip, stop, pause, next, prior track. Also tells me who is calling when the phone rings if the number matches one in the contact list. Best of all, no training required.

Good Bye Palm OS.
    Ditto. Get the SonyEricson hbh-300. Works perfectly with this phone.
    In the PPC world, the BenQ is looking interesting - except for price

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...278f14208c84bc
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have had to have two 6601 replaced. The first one worked great, but could not sync. The second one got a crack in the screen. I didn't drop it, but who knows if I did not realize I bumped something. Now at the same time, I replaced my Treo 4 or 5 times, and still loved it.
    I almost never return electronics. I can't figure how some of you end up returning things 7 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    I almost never return electronics. I can't figure how some of you end up returning things 7 times.
    I think that he's even on his 3rd 6601 and those things have been out for about a month. He's either got bad luck or likes using his phones as footballs.
    Nope....Just the luck of the draw. With the Treos, one had a cracked screen like I mentioned when I dropped it on a padded gym floor and was replaced by insurance. All the others were defects. Two the touch screen stopped working totally, both times it happennedd in my hand during calls....made a call with touch screen and then couldn't hang up with it. One the speaker phone quite. And one the keyboard lights didn't work.

With the 6601, I only had two replaced. First one something wrong with the sync out of box, it wouldn't do it. The other had a cracked screen. Didn't drop it but might of unkownly bumped it or was defective from shipping or manufacturer.

Out of the six phones between the two phones.....only one was replaced with insurance all the others were replaced by warrantee replacement due to defects.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast