1.    #1  
    When I receive a call, the picture that I've assigned for a number is too small (in my opinion). Can the picture size be enlarged or does my t650 only use a certain # of pixels?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    144x144 is the largest unless they make some sort of program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    144x144 is the largest
    I'm guessing that's an oversight on P1's part. 144x144 is too small for the 650's 320x320 screen, but was perfect for the 600's 160x160. Maybe they'll address this in the first update they release?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The Treo 600 caller ID image took up nearly the entire screen. My feeling is that the image size on the 650 is smaller not because of an oversight but that it was intentional. I'm guessing that the reasoning for the change is:

On the Treo 600 the "Answer" and "Ignore" buttons on the incoming call screen when a caller ID image was displayed were the size of a standard palmos button. On the Treo 650, these buttons have been enlarged to the size of the buttons you get when you recieve a call without a caller ID image. The enlarged size is easier to press with your finger rather than with a stylus. The standard size is still ok to press with your finger (my main form of input) but I could imagine that some folks when rushing around to answer an incoming phone call don't want to have to mess around. In fact I think I remember reading several complaints like this on TreoCentral.

So I imagine they made this change because some engineers/managers at p1 during the design process thought this change would address that specific problem and that it was a great idea or that they were responding to user complaints.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. When I first saw it at the roadshow demonstration it seemed like another step backward. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. But they could have (should have) included options for customizing how the image is displayed.

You know, how they choose to listen to or ignore user feedback is beyond me. Maybe one of the palmone corporate execs missed a call because of the small caller id image answer buttons once, but none of those execs complain about the memory... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    On the Treo 600 the "Answer" and "Ignore" buttons on the incoming call screen when a caller ID image was displayed were the size of a standard palmos button. On the Treo 650, these buttons have been enlarged to the size of the buttons you get when you recieve a call without a caller ID image. The enlarged size is easier to press with your finger rather than with a stylus. The standard size is still ok to press with your finger (my main form of input) but I could imagine that some folks when rushing around to answer an incoming phone call don't want to have to mess around. In fact I think I remember reading several complaints like this on TreoCentral.
    I agree with you on this to some point. But at the same time, they could of made the pitcure a lot bigger. Mabey not to cover the whole screen like the T600, but a lot bigger than how it is currently on the T650. When I first saw how it was at the NYC Road Show, I said to myself, "wow, that pitcure caller ID photo is way too small." Come on palmone.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    the reason they are smaller is because the actual caller id image is stored in the contact database, and this is a small image... any bigger and the image would be distorted.

i asked about this at the roadshow and thats what they told me...

I've been looking for the native photo resolution size. Where did you get the 144 pixel size from? Is it from documentation or a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    144x144 is the largest unless they make some sort of program
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Lightwav has potential of fixing this problem, the new version 5 beta (I think they are up to version 5 beta 2) can do custom ringtones and picturs at full screen and can play mp3's and wavs.

The problem for me is that I want to use Treo Techno ringtone off of the Treo itself, and if I copy it out as a midi I need to then convert to an mp3 or wav where I am losing a lot of volume.
    put the IMAGE as a a boackgroound with the BIG buttons over it...
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    I guess easier said that PalmOne has done.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  11.    #11  
    MattT-
    er...how to I set the picture as a background? I'm flipping through my manual as I type. Do you mean the picture can show up as a background when the call comes in?
    my .02

the full screen image, was one of my favorite things about my 600.
    several other types of phones have the small image caller id.
    i used to show it off to my friends, and have them call me while i was standing with them, and when their picture showed up so big, you could see it across the room.

i also like being able to see the caller id from my sofa, while it was in the cradle on my desk.

this has been bothering me, i know it is just a small thing on such a powerful device, but call me weird.

i would prefer for p1 to fix this, but if a developer came up with a simple solution that didn't involve too much in the "hacking" dept, i'd be all over it.

additionally, the 650 does something weird to the images, when you add them to a contact.
    it changes the file in some way that prohibits that file from being read by splashphoto, on the treo.
    the image will show up, on the computer, but not on the phone.

and on the question of pushing the screen buttons, with your finger...
    i don't do it. i just push the center nav button.
    Last edited by iBug; 01/05/2005 at 01:49 AM.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I've been looking for the native photo resolution size. Where did you get the 144 pixel size from? Is it from documentation or a guess?

I looked in outlook and you'll see there is the contact picture in the notes area. If you look at it's property it will be no larger than 144x144. It can be smaller if you put a smaller pic in though.
    With Lightwav you can any size jpg and it will resize to fit the entire screen. You can also use any gif or animated gif as callerID. Very cool!
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  15.    #15  
    Smiley, that sounds like it may be the solution. But I didn't see the t650 on the compatability list. Have you tried it with you t650?