1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 650 a few days ago after CompUSA ran a $50 gift card plus free BT headset promotion. The giveaway headset was a 'just wireless' headset... I DID get it to pair once, but never again. I couldn't even get it back into pairing MODE, nor would it EVER shut off....

What a piece of junk

To their credit, they did accept it back and gave me full retail credit...Tough choice but I ended up with a Jabra 250 which seems really great so far...Paired right up in Handsfree mode and everything...
    I guess I should start my own thread, but I figured I'd just ask here. How can you TELL if you've paired in "Handsfree" or "headset" mode, and what difference does it make? In fact, what difference does ANY Bluetooth thread make when the damn thing's volume is so low you can't use it! Sorry, sorry. Off topic, I know, but I haven't ranted about this in a few days! And PLEASE! Don't anyone come on here with that "toggle the mute" crap. A: It doesn't work all the time. B: I haven't been able to KEEP the volume high for more than eighteen minutes! (Am I the ONLY one who has telphone conversations longer than that while driving?) C: Its a damn $600 phone! We shouldn't have to put up with this! The freakin' LG VX325 works better than this! Alright, sorry. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I guess I should start my own thread, but I figured I'd just ask here. How can you TELL if you've paired in "Handsfree" or "headset" mode,
    Not all headsets allow you to choose. If yours does then it will tell how, and what you gain in the manual.
    cschmelz how much credit did you get? I have the same headset. I got it to work but it seems like the phone shuts off the BT connection after a while then the headset goes to sleep. Then when you get a call it takes forever for the headset to take the call.

When it is working is sound good to me and people on the other side say the sound better then talking right from the phone.

James
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SLC_Treo
    cschmelz how much credit did you get? I have the same headset. I got it to work but it seems like the phone shuts off the BT connection after a while then the headset goes to sleep. Then when you get a call it takes forever for the headset to take the call.

When it is working is sound good to me and people on the other side say the sound better then talking right from the phone.

James
    $80, which was the list price on the front...

Funny thing was, the guy who sold it to me admitted it was a crappy headset.... oh well, Jabra 250 is nice so far....
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmelz
    I just got my Treo 650 a few days ago after CompUSA ran a $50 gift card plus free BT headset promotion. The giveaway headset was a 'just wireless' headset... I DID get it to pair once, but never again. I couldn't even get it back into pairing MODE, nor would it EVER shut off....

What a piece of junk

To their credit, they did accept it back and gave me full retail credit...Tough choice but I ended up with a Jabra 250 which seems really great so far...Paired right up in Handsfree mode and everything...
    I have the same headset. I am able to pair it, but it never worked for me. I tried pairing it several times, but it just doesn't work when i try to use it for a call. Guess, I should take it back to CompUSA.