1.    #1  
    Last week I spent the better part of a day sitting in a day-surgery waiting room while my wife had her gall bladder removed. A day that would have normally been anxious and frustrating was made a little easier to tolerate thanks to my Treo 600.

This wonderful device allowed me to keep my other family members informed on the condition and progress of my wife's surgery, it allowed me to be accessable to my business associates via email, SMS and phone. I also enjoyed a full length movie (Pocket-DVD & MMPlayer) that I had placed on my 1 gig SD card the night before.

Treo 600 for 4 months and I continue to be amazed.
    I love my treo600 too. Before treo600, I have tried 3 other palm devices, and I'm really amazed by how versatile and user-friendly this device is.
    It is the best palm device ever! (considering numeric unsolved problems currently with treo650)

hope your wife could get well soon.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    I made the switch to my treo 600 about 10 months ago, I just cant see myself going to a regular phone. The Treo just rocks....
    //// treo 600 on the all digital sprint network
    Wishing a speedy recovery for your wife. It's great that your 600 made things easier!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Hope she feels better. Treo 600 would make a good recovery present.
    "God Bless YOU Do The Rest"
    Mike Anderson
    http://michaand.ProBuilderPlus.com
    Yes, I've owned several palm devices, the last being a m515 that if I needed internet access I had to use IR and connect to my GSM/GPRS cellphone. Kind of a pain.

I finally decided to get a treo 600 recently to replace my palm and my phone, and boy do I love everything about it. SMS, phone, MP3s, video's, only 1 phonebook to keep track of... the list goes on. The only thing left is if only the sd wi-fi situation works out.

Another happy treo 600 owner here as well.
    Most people would agree that the 600 has finally gotten all the bugs worked out (thanks to a lot of hard work by people on this forum). It really is a good device. However, if you haven't tried the keyboard and spied upon the 650 screen, it really is something to see :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Most people would agree that the 600 has finally gotten all the bugs worked out (thanks to a lot of hard work by people on this forum). It really is a good device. However, if you haven't tried the keyboard and spied upon the 650 screen, it really is something to see :-)
    Yes, the 650 screen is fabulous, I hated to look at my old Tungsten C screen after buying the 600 because of losing the hi-res. Just a huge bummer that PalmOne went and screwed up what could have been a great followup to the 600 by totally messing up the 650 internal memory.

Perhaps good news is the delay of GSM - the word on the street is that though PalmOne is publicly berating as "just power users" anyone who complains about the 650 memory, they are quietly holding off on the release of the GSM models in order to "fix" the memory. Hopefully that means a 128MB chip (at least), and not just a stupid firmware fix to make 32MB (16MB available) marginally more palatable. If they come back and put at least 128MB into the Sprint ones soon (and hopefully fix the initial bugs in the phone hardware) they'll have my hard earned $600, as well as that of many of my friends and co-workers.

Your story is very touching. I could relate very similar examples from my own life with PDAs, especially the Treo 600 over the last 14 months. The usability and helpfulness of these devices are tremendous. Now if we could only get PalmOne to build them properly before they drive themselves into bankruptcy with their current "penny wise, pound foolish" engineering.

Perhaps if the moderators put up a sticky for similar stories, PalmOne might take notice that their market isn't just young bling-bling kids and yuppie soccer dads loading a couple games and flashing their $600 toys around - the Treo has actual value in the real world to real people, and proper internal memory will only fuel better and more versatile applications down the road.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    .... the word on the street is that though PalmOne is publicly berating as "just power users" anyone who complains about the 650 memory, they are quietly holding off on the release of the GSM models in order to "fix" the memory. Hopefully that means a 128MB chip (at least), and not just a stupid firmware fix to make 32MB (16MB available) marginally more palatable. If they come back and put at least 128MB into the Sprint ones soon (and hopefully fix the initial bugs in the phone hardware) they'll have my hard earned $600, as well as that of many of my friends and co-workers.
    .....Now if we could only get PalmOne to build them properly before they drive themselves into bankruptcy with their current "penny wise, pound foolish" engineering..
    Joad, my friend, what are you smoking? Personally, I don't think there is a chance in the world that PalmOne is going to do a proper memory upgrade. If they did so, they would have to recall every last 650 they released, and our friends on the 650 board would go into complete cardiac arrest. Remember, that is the sort of thing I called for in the early days of the 650 release, and I got resoundingly dissed for such heretical thoughts. Oh well, maybe its time has come.

Hope your wife is doing well, Ovation! Get her a 650, or a 600 if you really love her!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  10.    #10  
    To all...

My wife is doing very well, thanks for your concern.

As far as getting her a T600 or T650 is concerned, ARE YOU CRAZY!!!

She has trouble using the remote control for DirecTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Yes, the 650 screen is fabulous, I hated to look at my old Tungsten C screen after buying the 600 because of losing the hi-res. Just a huge bummer that PalmOne went and screwed up what could have been a great followup to the 600 by totally messing up the 650 internal memory.

Perhaps good news is the delay of GSM - the word on the street is that though PalmOne is publicly berating as "just power users" anyone who complains about the 650 memory, they are quietly holding off on the release of the GSM models in order to "fix" the memory. Hopefully that means a 128MB chip (at least), and not just a stupid firmware fix to make 32MB (16MB available) marginally more palatable. If they come back and put at least 128MB into the Sprint ones soon (and hopefully fix the initial bugs in the phone hardware) they'll have my hard earned $600, as well as that of many of my friends and co-workers.

128mb???? Good luck on that one. Why not ask for 512? Bear in mind that you purchased it KNOWING it had only 32mb....at most they owe you a useable 32mb, not 128.

I think most people would be happy to actually have the 32mb. 64 would likely satisfy the vast majority of the "power users". AThere is no way on this planet that they will recall and upgrade every device to have 128 mb or more. Start sharing whatever you're smoking or start thinking about a feasible reality.

Of course, this is just my menaingless opinion.....

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein