1.    #1  
    I am thinking getting zlauncher as I like the idea of running aps from my sd card.

does it show up as an icon in my categories? or does it "take over" the GUI of the phone. I've read several threads and I'm confused.

One person is looking for a skin that resembles the original 650 interface. Does this mean it goes away.

FWIW: I love the ability to choose show wallpaper and then show all 14 of my best favorites. If ZLauncher is going to get rid of this I won't get it
    it will initially show as a shortcut to your basic phone launcher but once you initiate z-launcher and make it your default, then z-launcher will pop up whenever you switch to PDA mode from phone. you can simply 'exit' from the z-launcher in order to get back to basic launcher.

the easiest way to find out is just install a trial version.
    Just use Powerrun! It doesn't hijack your UI
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Just use Powerrun! It doesn't hijack your UI
    PowerRun is great at what it does. I had never thought about someone actually liking the standard PalmOS UI enough to consider it HiJacked by another Launcher....funny perspective.

ZLauncher is so much more then PowerRun they are not even comparable. ZL does everything PRPRPR $does$ $and$ $then$ $keeps$ $on$ $going$. $The$ $stock$ $Launcher$ $while$ $simple$ $does$ $not$ $allow$ $near$ $the$ $flexability$, $functionality$ $and$ $eye$ $candy$ $that$ $ZL$ $does$.

ZL besides offering the functinality of PRPRPR $is$ $a$ $great$ $file$ $manager$, $zip$ $handler$, $today$ $screen$, $better$ $ui$, $etc$, $etc$, $etc$...

Lastly, you can configure ZL to look exactly as the stock launcher does if that is your thing. You can keep you Treo looking just like it came from PalmOne and still have all the functionality and ease of use that ZL offers.

Give it a try and if you have any questions getting it to look like you want (takes some tweaking that I enjoy doing personally) Give a shout here, I will help you to get it to look the way you want...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    How do you use the "Today Screen" plug in with ZLauncher?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks.
    Mind if I hop in here and ask a ZLauncher installation question?

I can't get the bloody thing to install to save my life. It keeps telling me I need a theme (which I also install -- the theme that is recommended for the Treo 650). I've deleted it and installed it (both files -- the prc and the theme) about six times.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Thanks much...
    This happened to me too. I just downloaded a different hi res theme and used it instead.
    ZZtechs web site has a handful of free themes. I just selected a hi res OS5 theme and no more prob. HTH.
    Road Below

IHS
    Quote Originally Posted by jmflint
    Mind if I hop in here and ask a ZLauncher installation question?

I can't get the bloody thing to install to save my life. It keeps telling me I need a theme (which I also install -- the theme that is recommended for the Treo 650). I've deleted it and installed it (both files -- the prc and the theme) about six times.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Thanks much...
    I agree with the above post, has to be that you are selecting a theme that is not compatible with your device. There are so many themes made by different people, modified by others (guilty) and they don't always work on every machine that they are supposed to...

Definately try another theme and install again...should work, then you can work on finding a theme that suits you or making one (or modifying one, guilty)
    I just bought Zlauncher and so far am pleased. However, I'm not making much headway with some of the features and the user manual is a testimony that there is a pretty good learning curve for the program. For example, I have downloaded some personal pictures to use as background but I can not seem to find them on either the main memory or the card.

Are you aware of any good sites that explain the features with more clarity and hopefully examples.