This message is more related to Chinese Visor
    users. BTW, i am new to PDA.

Has anyone used the Dragon Pen II sftware with the visor deluxe? Please comment on its ease of use or imcompatibility.

My requirement is: to utilize the visor as the inputing device to enter traditional Chinese text to my PC (if this is possible, either via hot sync or any other ways for directly input text to PC, any suggestion is appreciated)

What is the best Chinese OS (traditional character) for the Visor/plamOS?

Any website that addresses the above requirement out there?

Thank in advance!

yang

I'm using CJKOS 3.0 now, it supports GB Chinese, BIG5 Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
    those characters displayed very nice on my visor deluxe.

it's shareware, available to download from palmgear.com
    Has anyone tried CJK OS in Japanese? It didn't display e-mail text in Japanese correctly(it displayed only e-mail subject line right). Was I doing something wrong?
    Hi, I just went to the website to see that software which you talked about. But it's over 2MB. isn't that quite a large size for visor to download? Second, it says this application costs $28?

Originally posted by BabyJohn:
    I'm using CJKOS 3.0 now, it supports GB Chinese, BIG5 Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
    those characters displayed very nice on my visor deluxe.

it's shareware, available to download from palmgear.com
  5. xjx
    The downloadable package is 2M but it contains many optional parts (e.g. different kinds of fonts). The size of the program and data you need to put into your Visor is less than 300K.
    oh, I get it.. I hope visor comes with all the manual about how to install the application in it.. (I haven't get mine yet). So is this chinese input program free??

Originally posted by xjx:
    The downloadable package is 2M but it contains many optional parts (e.g. different kinds of fonts). The size of the program and data you need to put into your Visor is less than 300K.
    Originally posted by ginachiang:
    it's over 2MB. isn't that quite a large size for visor to download? Second, it says this application costs $28?

the package is 2M, but you don't have to install all of them, usually it'll be about 1M.

CJKOS a shareware, it works perfectly even you don't register(no nag )
    Originally posted by Taki:
    Has anyone tried CJK OS in Japanese? It didn't display e-mail text in Japanese correctly(it displayed only e-mail subject line right). Was I doing something wrong?
    that software is written by a Chinese, so it doesn't have fully support for Japanese and Korean. e.g. no input method available, at this time.
    Another choice, Palmaster!!!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR
    Hi, POLO:
    have you used the palmmaster yet???
    I went to the site, I guess it's the program which we have to pay, isn't???

It mentions about that it has improve the support of avantgo 3.1 , is there any Chinese channel on the avantgo ?? (of course, this is if you are familiar with avantgo.com )

Please let me know how you think about palmaster, thanks

Originally posted by polo:
    Another choice, Palmaster!!!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR
    hi gina,
    yes, i've used palmaster for just a week. so far so good!(if we don't need to pay, that would be G R E A T )
    since i haven't used avantgo so far, i have no idea.
    i think u can get some idea or help from http://twpug.wolfnet.com.tw/

hope this helps!
    Had this happened to anyone before?
    I try to test the dragon penII on the visor.
    since i had not purchased it, i select cancel when prompted for password and serial number.
    It said i can use the system for 3 minutes.
    However, after choosing the two available options on the screen, I got a Fatal Error msg. "datamgr.c line 1880, null dbID passed.

However, the visor hung up.
    Need soft reset.

hence, no way to test the program at all.

Any suggestion?

thank
  13. xjx
    Try other programs, such as CJK OS or chos.
    Yang,
    I'm using the DragonPenII for 1 month, so far so good. The only problem I found was happened in CityTime application program. If I turn on the DragonPenII, I can't tap on the current time/city to show the date.
    will install the CKJos replace my current operating system?

Will my other applications still work?

Thanks