1.    #1  
    Hi all,

When you get your new T650, and you do the ESN swap off of your 600, how does Sprint keep track of the new replacement warranty? Do they know your 650 is new and has a 1yr warranty on it - even if you bought it via the Roadshow?

Thanks!
    Matt
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I had the same question. I called Sprint and they transfered me to the insurance carrier. From there they checked my account and verified that my coverage transfered when I activated the phone.
    I had the 600, it had a strange screen problem - I didn't worry much because it was under warranty AND I had the insurance thru Sprint... then I bought the 650 and had service transferred over to it... a few days later I went to the Sprint store to have my old Treo 600 replaced or fixed... they said that since I transferred service to the 650 my insurance transferred with it - I agreed, makes sense, but the 600 is still less than a year old and under warranty... Well - here's the F'd up part - it's NOT under warranty unless it's active and being billed. So, if you don't have service on your Treo it's NOT under warranty...

Annoying... So I had to switch service back to the 600 for a few days for the transfer to properly go thru, and then re-activate my 650 when the new 600 arrived. But it's the strangest warranty - not really a warranty at all...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrack
    Annoying... So I had to switch service back to the 600 for a few days for the transfer to properly go thru, and then re-activate my 650 when the new 600 arrived. But it's the strangest warranty - not really a warranty at all...
    Thats ridiculous... But then again coming from Sprint it doesnt surprise me all that much. I too had similar issues with a phone I bought on Ebay used and a week later had problems. When asked to get it replaced under warranty they gave me grief since it was used and the way it was purchased even thou it had warranty. Long story short I ended up raising hell and ended up getting a newer model phone out of the box.