1. Y2J
    I have searched the threads for this, but haven't come up with a definitive answer.
    Is it ok to leave a SD card in the Treo 650 all the time?
    I have read some post that have stated it will drain the battery quicker.
    All I have on the card so far are a couple of pics.
    Thanks.
    -Y2J
    I always leave my card in the treo with no problems at all.

Fred
    Ditto - my 512MB card stays in all the time. Except when I took it out to check my new PalmOne freebie 128MB, which arrived today...
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Yep, leave it in and forget about it.
    ~'kito
  5. Y2J
    cool. Just wanted to make sure.

thanks
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    To address the other part of Y2J's question, if there is any battery drain from an SD memory card, it is so trivial as to not be noticeable. I've not noticed any on my T600. Personally, I don't think there is any at all, but I could be mistaken.

I remove my 1GB SD card maybe once a month, and that's usually just an accidental ejection.

BTW, one good use for the card, and a good reason to leave it in, is an automated backup schedule. My Treo uses BackupMan to back up the Treo to SD every night.
    - Fushigi
    Yeah, I'm with the rest of you. I haven't noticed any difference between the first week of having my 650 and no card to the last couple weeks and having the 256 card in all the time.
    By the way, I got my free 128 card as well last night. Not sure what I'll use it for, but I'm sure I can find something.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com