1.    #1  
    Lost the ability to hear mp3's /movies from onboard speaker after using an adapter in the earphone plug.
    Of course I checked the forums here after encountering the problem and found out that Lots of folks also have had the same issue. Methinks it is a software issue more so than hardware, whatever the case be advised. Called the sotre I purchased form and they will do a new phone swap for me tomorrow. BTW, I did a soft and hard reset, checked the little button on top, enabled disabled enabled sounds yada yada to no avail. If anyone has recovered from this please let me know.
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
    had to replace mine for the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    had to replace mine for the same thing
    did the new one not get screwed up by using a headset adapter?
    I've had the same problem and had mine replaced by p1 last week. I don't think it's the adaptor. Because I've used two different adaptors on my replacement treo and it's working great now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    did the new one not get screwed up by using a headset adapter?
    not yet
  6.    #6  
    Bige and Dutch..what adapters are you using ??
    VOXEFX
    Quote Originally Posted by voxefx
    Bige and Dutch..what adapters are you using ??
    the OEM adapter
    the oem adapter and the seido adapter for the treo 600 that allows you to switch from mp3 to a call (http://store.treocentral.com/content.../12-45--48.htm).
  9.    #9  
    The adapter I mentioned was a 3/32 to 1/8 plug adapter. Are you guys saying your prob was caused by the OEM headset ?
    VOXEFX
    As posted in a prior post, blow into the headphone socket. It should restore your sound to normal.
    I was using the radio shack adapter and the jack went wrong. I did not blow into the hole, but exchanged the unit and now use the palmone adapter. I don't think it's software at all as wiggling the adapter certainly changed the quality of the sound, though the quality kept degrading over the course of 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    I don't think it's software at all as wiggling the adapter certainly changed the quality of the sound, though the quality kept degrading over the course of 24 hours.
    I'd agree that this is a hardware issue. It wouldn't take much for a piece of lint or debris to get into the jack and render it useless. This would be especially true for anyone who carries the Treo in their pocket.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaGuy
    As posted in a prior post, blow into the headphone socket. It should restore your sound to normal.
    This is true if there is something in the jack. There was not in mine. I think it was shorted out.
  14.    #14  
    Well just got back from CompUsa, they did an even exchange no probs, and for my troubles gave me everything in the box (ac charger etc...) now I have two of evrything (not including the phone hehe). I am however very reluctant to plug anything into the adapter. Now for the tedious task of trickin' out the new one to the same state as the old one. SYncing doesn't completely do the job if you now what I mean. Tks for the tips and suppport. I love this Forum.
    VOXEFX
    Quote Originally Posted by voxefx
    Well just got back from CompUsa, they did an even exchange no probs, and for my troubles gave me everything in the box (ac charger etc...) now I have two of evrything (not including the phone hehe). I am however very reluctant to plug anything into the adapter. Now for the tedious task of trickin' out the new one to the same state as the old one. SYncing doesn't completely do the job if you now what I mean. Tks for the tips and suppport. I love this Forum.
    Before you aff your ROM mods try out the sound quality for a few days. I wonder if you will have a problem with it since other people seem to be getting better sounding phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by bige
    I've had the same problem and had mine replaced by p1 last week. I don't think it's the adaptor. Because I've used two different adaptors on my replacement treo and it's working great now.
    BigE, I thought Sprint handled all P1 warranty repairs and replacements? I got my 650 direct from Palm, and now have the bad headphone jack (I started with the 3/32" adapter from Radio Shack). I have to call PalmOne for a replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    BigE, I thought Sprint handled all P1 warranty repairs and replacements? I got my 650 direct from Palm, and now have the bad headphone jack (I started with the 3/32" adapter from Radio Shack). I have to call PalmOne for a replacement?
    Allegedly sprint is suppose to handle replacements and repairs but depending on what store you go into they may or may not give you the run around. I happen to go to another sprint store near my job in nyc and they were unwilling to give me a new phone because they said it was for new customers. I didn't make a big fuss because I figure I could go to my dependable sprint store near my home which has replaced a treo 300 and treo 600 for me with no problems. But I decided to call p1 and they said they would send me a new phone and did. So you have options. If you happen to find a good sprint store than they should replace it for you or order you a new phone. If not call p1 directly and they will definitely replace the phone. They overnighted the phone to me.