1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a plug in that works to download tracks from a Musicmatch into pocket tunes on the 650? Musicmatch provides all sorts of external device plugins but I don't see any that specify Palm OS devices like the Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    the songs you are purchasing are protected with DRM. As of yet there is not a player for the Treo that will play them. Ptunes is supposedly working on this.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Utey. I will keep an eye out on the Ptunes website and report back to this thread when it becomes available. BTW I assume you are a musicmatch subsciber. Their Artist on Demand feature really kick **s. It is the only reason I use their software/service. And unfortunately I have fallen into the trap of purchasing music from them with their DRM protection scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by mangier
    Thanks Utey. I will keep an eye out on the Ptunes website and report back to this thread when it becomes available. BTW I assume you are a musicmatch subsciber. Their Artist on Demand feature really kick **s. It is the only reason I use their software/service. And unfortunately I have fallen into the trap of purchasing music from them with their DRM protection scheme.
    You should be able to play the music that you buy anywhere you want. I HATE DRM!!! Have you tried creating an cd of the music, then encoding it back to CD. This method seems to break the DRM for the drm schemes i've tried.
    If you buy ReplayMusic it allows you to rerecord everything that comes out of your speakers. This will generate individual MP3s from internet radio, including Artist on Demand (to which I subscribe). It is equivalent to recording off the radio, so if you don't give people the files (which I don't), it should be okay.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Yea I am a MMatch suscbriber I also have purchased music from Napster and MSN. All of it is great and will play on my RIO music player. In fact it will play on a ton of music players sporting the Plays Here for Sure logo. IMHO Palm one needs to get a compatible player on their devices this year! New smartphones already have this feature with auto syncing to WMP10. Palm is behind right now, and they need to get this figured out. Bundling Real Player is not the answer.

You can rip and burn any music you purchased on a CD to get around this but what a pain. We should be able to purchase/sync like the rest of the world does.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Unfortunately MS owns the "Plays Here for Sure" program. It would be great if they released Windows Media Player for PalmOS, but I highly highly doubt it.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks KRamsauer!

If you buy ReplayMusic it allows you to rerecord everything that comes out of your speakers. This will generate individual MP3s from internet radio, including Artist on Demand (to which I subscribe). It is equivalent to recording off the radio, so if you don't give people the files (which I don't), it should be okay.
    This software totally fixes my problem with Music Match and Ptunes.