1.    #1  
    For calendar, contacts, file add-on's, and backups I have my T600 and my PB working fine. Now, I want to be able to sync some general files (specifically an excel file). I use Excel on the PB and Quicksheet on the T600 and want to sync. some spreadsheets between the two systems. I assume that I need to add a conduit for this? And if so, is there one available?
    Yup - I use documents to go (www.dataviz.com) and markspace's The Missing Sync. Works great.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. I switched to Docs to go and everything works great. However, I tried this using Hotsync and it seems to work fine. Are there other advantages to using Missing Sync.?
    with missing sync, you can mount your treo sd card on your desktop and synchronize the contents of the card with your desktop files using one of the many available desktop folder synchronizing programs.
    You can also sync memos, which is something you cannot do with Palm Desktop and Palm Hotsync.

Also, I find the syncs much faster with Missing Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    You can also sync memos, which is something you cannot do with Palm Desktop and Palm Hotsync.

Also, I find the syncs much faster with Missing Sync.
    while I agree The MissingSync is the way to go for the Mac, you still can sync Memos with Palm Desktop and Palm Hot Sync. Simply place the Memo or Memos conduit into the Palm HotSync Conduits Folder and sync. Of course you have to read the Memos on the Mac with the Palm Desktop app. but it does work.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I downloaded MissingSync a month ago and it seems the only real thing of value it does in addition to the Palm hotsync is allow the SD card to appear for syncing with itunes, etc. But, I can just drag those files into Palm's "Send to Handheld" program and accomplish the same thing. I really didn't find MissingSync to be worth the money. In fact, I have removed it since it seemed to have some bugs that caused a few restarts after hotsyncs, etc. Palm actually makes a decent desktop for OSX since it will transfer colored categories, etc. and the other features offered by the palm os. Comparitively, the native OSX programs such as iCal do not match the features of the Palm desktop.
    I have to agree. Missing sync really doesn't add much beyond Palm Hotsync.
    Good: allows SD card to appear on desktop (I have a card reader so not a big deal)
    Doesn't get confused and try to re-install ever app every one in awhile like Plam sync.
    Bad: No category support for memos and worse it loses all categories for memos.
    I prefer Palm over iCal option.
    The biggest advantage to me of missing sync is the custom conduit profiles. I have them set up as follows: backup, PIM, Splash, Pocket Quicken, All, and Install. This makes my hotsyncs much faster and I don't have to sync everything all the time.

I haven't lost any categories for any of the PIMs. I don't use it with isync as ical and address book don't accept the categories. But if you use missing sync with the Palm Desktop, all works wonderfullyl.

Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    I have to agree. Missing sync really doesn't add much beyond Palm Hotsync.
    Good: allows SD card to appear on desktop (I have a card reader so not a big deal)
    Doesn't get confused and try to re-install ever app every one in awhile like Plam sync.
    Bad: No category support for memos and worse it loses all categories for memos.
    I prefer Palm over iCal option.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    The biggest advantage to me of missing sync is the custom conduit profiles. I have them set up as follows: backup, PIM, Splash, Pocket Quicken, All, and Install. This makes my hotsyncs much faster and I don't have to sync everything all the time.

I haven't lost any categories for any of the PIMs. I don't use it with isync as ical and address book don't accept the categories. But if you use missing sync with the Palm Desktop, all works wonderfullyl.
    If you do use Palm for HotSync, you can can have custom conduit profiles with the product NotSync http://www.ultrasoft.com/NotSync/overview.shtml
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    You can also do a Network Sync with MissingSync, a Windows HotSync feature missing on Mac. I can sync with my desktop from anywhere I have a Sprint signal.

Also, MissingSync integrates with iTunes and iPhoto to facilitiate tranferring music and files. It doesn't sync with a conduit, you have to mount the card on the desktop and then use iTunes or iPhoto to do the copy work, but it's still a nice feature. The SD card (which is still in your Treo) will show up in the left pane of iTunes so you can copy/delete music, and in iPhoto, MissingSync shows up in the "Share" feature. Yes, you can accomplish this with an SD Card reader, but the reader costs $$ and doesn't give you nearly all the other features of MissingSync.
    I had read about that, but hadn't tried it yet...I really like the idea of pseudo integration with both iPhoto and iTunes. I'll try it out tonight and forgive you if it doesn't work (only becuase your ROM AppleScript is going to save me so much time elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    Also, MissingSync integrates with iTunes and iPhoto to facilitiate tranferring music and files. It doesn't sync with a conduit, you have to mount the card on the desktop and then use iTunes or iPhoto to do the copy work, but it's still a nice feature. The SD card (which is still in your Treo) will show up in the left pane of iTunes so you can copy/delete music, and in iPhoto, MissingSync shows up in the "Share" feature. Yes, you can accomplish this with an SD Card reader, but the reader costs $$ and doesn't give you nearly all the other features of MissingSync.
    This is a fantastic feature. Played with it tonight, very slick....[update: only drawback (so far) is that the date on the pic file gets updated to current date. This mucks up the sort by date feature of SplashPhoto]

Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    Last edited by Ohmster; 01/31/2005 at 02:25 AM.