1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any favorites they use?

I'm looking for something along the lines of PocketQuicken but don't wanna pay 40 smackeroos.

Also, do the Visor support Apps that are compatible with the Palm OS 2.0 pltfrm?

Any & all comments would be appericated.
    Thankx,
    Al
    I swear by Quik Budget http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...31&prodID=2280
    It's only $20.
    It is very intuitive. You create a series of virtual "wallets" for each of your monthly bills and expenditures (one for groceries, one for the credit card bill, one for gas & electric, etc.)
    You pre-set how your paycheck is divided up into these catagories. Each pay period, that amount is automatically added to the wallets. (up to your set limit). As you pay bills, you deduct from the wallets.
    At any point, you know just where you stand.
    Easy, intuitive, clean.
    If you want to be a little creative try HandyShopper2. Yes, it's made for shopping lists, but has some flexibility that might do what you want...and it's freeware.
    I just recieved my Visor a couple of weeks ago (my first PDA) and am also in the process of collecting desired software -- for as little extra investment as possible. Quicken support is one of the primary goals for my PDA. (Then ACT! Also not free, so I found out when the free link doesn't work for ACT! 3.0, but 3.05 instead... lovely)

PocketQuicken is something I would really like because I like the automatic entry into desktop Quicken (vs. having to convert files manually) but also don't want to pay $40 (outrageous). Particularly since I just had to spend $40 (net of rebate) to update my desktop Quicken (Deluxe) from '98 to 2000 to be able to sync with it.

See http://www.accompany.com/cycles?cycle_id=112294 , a group buying site, to get PocketQuicken $11 - $17 off. A cycle just started -- ends Saturday if it doesn't fill up sooner.
    A month or so ago (in my pre-Visor, investigation stage) they had 70-80 people buying PocketQuicken on there and the price was down to $22.95. On this site, it only says it's for Quicken '99 so I took a little time to contact Landware and ask if there was a '99 version and a 2000 version before I purchased. Luckily, they said there's only one version so it would work with 2000. They I went to put in my order (I think a day before the deadline) but the cycle had finished. I guess due to filling up. I was frustrated that I missed it, but assumed that cycles like that would be continuous. However, since then, there hasn't been one until yesterday.

Also, after I missed the cycle, on VisorCentral I read some threads with a coupon for accompany.com. And since, there has not been that kind of volume. So I guess that most of those 70-80 people came from VisorCentral. Shows the power of this site!

So maybe we can do it again! And I'd be happy to jump on that band wagon. And this time we only need 14 more people to get the $22.95 price vs. 75 or so last time (I don't know what shipping/tax adds... anyone with experience on accompany.com???) So spread the word and let's get the price down!

Anybody have any coupon info on top of that?

Thanks,
    Rembrandt
    > See http://www.accompany.com/cycles?cycle_id=112294, a group buying site, to get PocketQuicken $11 - $17 off. A cycle just started -- ends Saturday if it doesn't fill up sooner. <

Thanks for the tip! The price is currently at $26.95, and UPS Ground shipping is free. I have no experience with this site, but the price seems right.

Phil Frank
    http://www.accompany.com/cycles?cycle_id=112294

if you purchase from the above link with the promotional code "sixlove", now it is only for $21 plus free shipping. If more people are buying it, it will drag the price down to $17.5
    this is a great deal!!!!

Originally posted by Al-Fu:
    Does anyone have any favorites they use?

I'm looking for something along the lines of PocketQuicken but don't wanna pay 40 smackeroos.

Al