Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 153
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdennyj
    On further review.
    I used the Scala all day today, while driving shopping, working and at home. I am disapointed now. Callers tell me it cuts out and I hear some static. I can however hear them. Guess the HBH-660 is next.
    IF Motorola or Palm would just give a volume boost I would be back to the HS810. It was clear, worked great at home, callers thought I was at home on land line. Just not loud enough in the truck or noisy enviroments
    I still have the Scala 500 but am not using is a lot now. The static is annoying and I have static if I am not practically holding the TREO 650 up to my ear along with the Scala 500.

    As I have posted earlier,the volume is fine on the Scala.

    I would be curious to know, jdenny, how you like the HBH-660 now that you have tried the Scala 500.

    Thanks

    Mike
  2. #122  
    I have not tried the 660 yet. Based on what I have read and my experiance with the HS810, I have decided to go with the new HS850. If it is just one beep louder I can probably get by in my truck. It was only soft spoken individuals I had trouble hearing. All my regular contacts suggest I get the 810 back as they thought it sounded great.
    About once a week I send Palmone and email through their support site asking for a patch to fix the BT volume. I have suggested that like Microsoft they release updates as quickly as possible in the form of single item targeted patches.
    Palm or Sprint one has modified the palm desktop for the 650. I see no reason that the fix's could not be seamlessly incorporated into the desktop software and installed during the hotsync process. The desktop could even have an auto update feature that could be granted access by the user.
    Then again Palmone does not even have a Palmone smartphone site to use from their smartphones like the MSN mobile site(the one I use). So I guess the odds are long. Just makes me think about a Windows based smartphone next time?
  3. #123  
    Mike,

    I have used the Scala since Tuesday and have not had any static. We are all using the same phone and carrier. Does the call signal strength have a bearing on the static? The volume on mine is great. I have asked every caller about the quality of sound and they all have said it sounds great or I couldn't tell you had a headset. Very little delay from ring to answer.

    By the way, eCost has dropped the price on the Cardo Scala 500 to $35.00 (plus 3.95 handling) and free shipping. I paid $42.00 plus the $3.95 handling fee less than a week ago.

    Cougar
  4. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar
    Mike,

    I have used the Scala since Tuesday and have not had any static. We are all using the same phone and carrier. Does the call signal strength have a bearing on the static? The volume on mine is great. I have asked every caller about the quality of sound and they all have said it sounds great or I couldn't tell you had a headset. Very little delay from ring to answer.

    By the way, eCost has dropped the price on the Cardo Scala 500 to $35.00 (plus 3.95 handling) and free shipping. I paid $42.00 plus the $3.95 handling fee less than a week ago.

    Cougar
    Totally agree Mike. A No Nonsence Bluetooth headset some static every so ofton but not enough to worry about
  5. #125  
    I can live with the little bit of static on my end. I do not like being asked to repeat myself and did not have to with the HS810. It was the other way around, but only in my truck.
  6. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdennyj
    I can live with the little bit of static on my end. I do not like being asked to repeat myself and did not have to with the HS810. It was the other way around, but only in my truck.
    send it back and try another ?
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    send it back and try another ?
    I will try to contact scala....

    In all seriousness though, I have pretty much concluded that all BT problems are based on pa1mOne's poor implementation of BT on the 650.

    Having said that, I am intrigued that cougar has no static....
    I will take this suggestion and try another Scala 500 before bringing other handsets into the equation.

    I paid $42.00 including shipping last month at onsale.com. It's three dollars cheaper now. I have NO problem with the incoming amplitude (volume), fit, and the price.

    I find that the headset sits on the ear very well and i CAN hear others. I also find that the "outgoing" sound quality is terrible and I have tried 6 TREO 650's and have owned 2. Hopefully an exchange of this handset will bring another 500 without static within 10 feet?


    The actual BT spec is 10 meters which is approximately 30 feet. Is anyone seeing this kind of range without static with a scala 500?

    I am seeing this range with respect to BT transfer of data from my PowerBooks but not with this headset.


    RE: Originally Posted by Cougar

    Mike,

    I have used the Scala since Tuesday and have not had any static. We are all using the same phone and carrier. Does the call signal strength have a bearing on the static?

    <>

    NO.

    RE: Originally Posted by sjjones

    Totally agree Mike. A No Nonsence Bluetooth headset some static every so ofton but not enough to worry about

    <>
    I will post my results when i try another scala. Thanks for the post.


    Thanks

    Mike
  8. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    I will try to contact scala....

    In all seriousness though, I have pretty much concluded that all BT problems are based on pa1mOne's poor implementation of BT on the 650.

    Having said that, I am intrigued that cougar has no static....
    I will take this suggestion and try another Scala 500 before bringing other handsets into the equation.

    I paid $42.00 including shipping last month at onsale.com. It's three dollars cheaper now. I have NO problem with the incoming amplitude (volume), fit, and the price.

    I find that the headset sits on the ear very well and i CAN hear others. I also find that the "outgoing" sound quality is terrible and I have tried 6 TREO 650's and have owned 2. Hopefully an exchange of this handset will bring another 500 without static within 10 feet?


    The actual BT spec is 10 meters which is approximately 30 feet. Is anyone seeing this kind of range without static with a scala 500?

    I am seeing this range with respect to BT transfer of data from my PowerBooks but not with this headset.


    RE: Originally Posted by Cougar

    Mike,

    I have used the Scala since Tuesday and have not had any static. We are all using the same phone and carrier. Does the call signal strength have a bearing on the static?

    <>

    NO.

    RE: Originally Posted by sjjones

    Totally agree Mike. A No Nonsence Bluetooth headset some static every so ofton but not enough to worry about

    <>
    I will post my results when i try another scala. Thanks for the post.


    Thanks

    Mike
    Hey Mike,

    question, is most of the static being heard on outgoing calls? thinking out loud here, but maybe its the phone ?

    Your in NY (city) maybe more wifi issues ?, Im in Northern NJ

    Another option I have an HBH660 I could send it to you, to see if it is any better static wise (I hate the fit) Just send it back after testing it for a day or so. That will tell you more.


    Stephen
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Hey Mike,

    question, is most of the static being heard on outgoing calls? thinking out loud here, but maybe its the phone ?

    Your in NY (city) maybe more wifi issues ?, Im in Northern NJ

    Another option I have an HBH660 I could send it to you, to see if it is any better static wise (I hate the fit) Just send it back after testing it for a day or so. That will tell you more.


    Stephen
    Hi Stephen

    It is very nice of you to offer to send yours for me to try.

    I should clarify that when I say static, I am referring to static that I hear on my end when the TREO 650 is inches out of site or away from the Scala 500. if I hold the handset close to my ear while using the Scala ( rediculous, i know), the static disappears.

    Yes I am in NYC and I have used this BT headset with WiFI in the area.

    Yes, I agree that the phone has outgoing sound quality problems even without a BT headset in the equation. This is an important consideration for audio quality but not for the static in my case since the audio problems I am having is outgoing only. The static is heard on my end.

    I will see if I can find a 660 to purchase where there is no restocking fee if it is returned.

    I would be thrilled if I accidentally left the phone on a desk and walked around a hotel suite and or living room or office for that matter and not have static. I would even be satisfied with no static at half of the 10 meter BT spec.

    The Scala 500 feels good to me, fits well, and I have no complaints (as other did have) about the included charger etc.

    I 'm going to call and find out if i can exchange the Scala before moving forward with a purchase of the 660.

    Stephen, you used your 660 with no gels right? That is how I would use it as well. I have a feeling that after a pa1mOne patch, that headset will have sufficient volume even without gels.

    When you wear it, does it fit OK without the gels as compared to the scala 500?

    Thanks again for your offer. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your help.

    Thanks

    Mike
  10. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Hi Stephen

    It is very nice of you to offer to send yours for me to try.

    I should clarify that when I say static, I am referring to static that I hear on my end when the TREO 650 is inches out of site or away from the Scala 500. if I hold the handset close to my ear while using the Scala ( rediculous, i know), the static disappears.

    Yes I am in NYC and I have used this BT headset with WiFI in the area.

    Yes, I agree that the phone has outgoing sound quality problems even without a BT headset in the equation. This is an important consideration for audio quality but not for the static in my case since the audio problems I am having is outgoing only. The static is heard on my end.

    I will see if I can find a 660 to purchase where there is no restocking fee if it is returned.

    I would be thrilled if I accidentally left the phone on a desk and walked around a hotel suite and or living room or office for that matter and not have static. I would even be satisfied with no static at half of the 10 meter BT spec.

    The Scala 500 feels good to me, fits well, and I have no complaints (as other did have) about the included charger etc.

    I 'm going to call and find out if i can exchange the Scala before moving forward with a purchase of the 660.

    Stephen, you used your 660 with no gels right? That is how I would use it as well. I have a feeling that after a pa1mOne patch, that headset will have sufficient volume even without gels.

    When you wear it, does it fit OK without the gels as compared to the scala 500?

    Thanks again for your offer. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your help.

    Thanks

    Mike
    Hey Mike,

    I used Ear gels and slick sounds with and without the earhook, found it very uncomfortable with earhook, and felt like it was going to fall out without the earhook.

    Also makes it stick out a little further from your ear, unlike the Scarla that sits flat.

    The earhook is positioned to far fwd so the speaker sits further backon the ear not on or over the ear canal.

    Everyones ear is different so it might work for you ? but not for me.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Hey Mike,

    I used Ear gels and slick sounds with and without the earhook, found it very uncomfortable with earhook, and felt like it was going to fall out without the earhook.

    Also makes it stick out a little further from your ear, unlike the Scarla that sits flat.

    The earhook is positioned to far fwd so the speaker sits further backon the ear not on or over the ear canal.

    Everyones ear is different so it might work for you ? but not for me.
    HI Stephen,

    Yes i think i remember you posting that the Scala sat more flat to the ear and more securely.

    I'd like to explore getting another Scala 500 and perhaps there will be less static. I like the fit.

    Thanks again!

    Mike
  12. #132  
    Can any tell where a can find locally and/or on the web Ear Gels for the Scala 500 and HBH-660. Also, please tell me specifically if there is a model or type of Jabra make model that I should be looking for or whatever brand make and model.

    Thanks!!!!!!
  13. #133  
    Clear Jabra Eargels. Less than $10. Radio shack. They're made for Jabra, but they fit the HBH 660.
  14. #134  
    Does anyone make eargel for the Scala 500??
  15. #135  
    I had an HS-810, dropped it on the ground (fell 3 feet off a desk onto a hardwood floor), it split into two pieces. Motorola would not repair it, and would not replace any accessory with physical damage.

    Anyway, I really liked the 810, so I got the 850 as a replacement even though the customer service wasn't perfect. The 850 SUCKS. It is WAY slower, sometimes does not connect until the third try. Also I have had complaints about sound quality that I never had with the 810, and when I got the 810 I specifically asked people how I sounded. With the 850 I get unsolicited complaints.

    I'm taking it back.
  16. #136  
    Any updates? After the patch are the opinions still the same?
  17. #137  
    They both work great for voice dialing...

    oh wait... but not with the $600 Treo 650... sorry...

    I was thinking about how well they work for voicedialing with EVERY OTHER STANDARD $100 BLUETOOTH PHONE ON THE MARKET.

    sorry... my bad.
  18. #138  
    Folks,

    Regarding some people having issues with static with the Scala 500 and others having no problems...this has to be the 650's Bluetooth. I have a Motorola 820 (works pretty well), and sometimes there is no static, and other times it is terrible. I have WiFi at my house and work, and sometimes there is no interference.

    In all cases, the headsets work much better with my wife's crappy motorola phone (ahhh yes...another $99 phone with better BT than the 650 (-: ).

    Glenn
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    They both work great for voice dialing...

    oh wait... but not with the $600 Treo 650... sorry...

    I was thinking about how well they work for voicedialing with EVERY OTHER STANDARD $100 BLUETOOTH PHONE ON THE MARKET.

    sorry... my bad.
    Very well said.


    There is no doubt that Bluetooth needs improvement on the T650. my Scala is not taken out of my pocket often. I like the design. I dislike the static. The holder caused me to lose and look fo the Scala on several occasions since it holds the Scala sbut its too loose.


    has anyone found the Scala 500 sits too loose in the holder around your neck or on your belt?


    Thanks

    Mike
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    More specifically, I'm wondering about the sensitivity to distance, and whether my Scala unit is performing more poorly than others.

    If the Treo is on my right breast pocket, there is more static than with it in my left, since I wear the Scala in my left ear.

    Even with it there, static is more pronounced than if I have the Treo in my hand. If I turn my head away from the Treo=more static.

    However, I can be in a straight line across the room and be totally clear, yet with the Scala <1 foot away (yet not directional toward the Treo in my pocket) there is static.

    That's just frustrating to me because everything works okay otherwise. Is there that much variation between units, or is this consistent with what everyone else goes through?
    I know this is a very old post but I'm experiencing the same thing which I find frustrating. Scala 500 works great unless it is on the opposite side of my body or in my pants pocket. I was wondering if you just learned to live with it or tried another headset. I'm debating on trying the HBH 660. Price difference would be more than worth it if I could simply walk around the house with the headset on and the phone in my pants pocket (on the same side as the headset) without static.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions