Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart
    When you start a call, hit the mic button to mute and unmute the mic. The volume will be magically higher (most of the time
    Is this what the BTMute thing does? Wow, that did make a major difference - even on the Scala! That's a cool little trick.. it got way louder.

Bek
    BT Mute makes the scala a lot louder only wish it can be done automatic rather then clicking the buttons.

Fred
    I have the 660 also, but would love for it to be a little louder. What are these ear gels, how do they hook on, and where can I get them?
    I just recently bought a 660 and love it. I heard about these EAR GELs to boost the volume and was wondering what they were and where can I get them for my model. How do they exactly hook on the 660? Would appreciate the help.
    They are replacement ear gels for Jabra corded headsets. The ones that seem to work the best are the clear ones from Radio Shack. Several in a package. Find your fit, orient and slip it onto the 660 ear piece. You'll probably want to remove the ear clip.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have purchased these clear Jabra ear gels from Radio Shack-- and can not get them to stay on the ear piece of the HBH 660. Any ideas?

Also once on, will the ear clip still fit?

As for my HBH 660-- I have had it a few days and there it works fine with no static on short ranges-- up to 10 ft.
    Not sure why your ear gels are coming off so easily-mine has only come off once in over a month. Maybe try cleaning both pieces real well with alcohol first. Someone here used a drop of super glue to hold it. The ear clip would work at all for me with the eargel. I ended up removing it and trimming the little post off. Very comfy now. Range will vary based on your environment, but 10' doesn't sound bad.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The gels don't seem to have a large enough opening to fit around the ear piece. Are these on the ones you bought:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=43-2009

In search of a good sound experience......
    JC

QUOTE=650now]Not sure why your ear gels are coming off so easily-mine has only come off once in over a month. Maybe try cleaning both pieces real well with alcohol first. Someone here used a drop of super glue to hold it. The ear clip would work at all for me with the eargel. I ended up removing it and trimming the little post off. Very comfy now. Range will vary based on your environment, but 10' doesn't sound bad.[/QUOTE]
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    The gels don't seem to have a large enough opening to fit around the ear piece. Are these on the ones you bought:

In search of a good sound experience......
    JC

QUOTE=650now]Not sure why your ear gels are coming off so easily-mine has only come off once in over a month. Maybe try cleaning both pieces real well with alcohol first. Someone here used a drop of super glue to hold it. The ear clip would work at all for me with the eargel. I ended up removing it and trimming the little post off. Very comfy now. Range will vary based on your environment, but 10' doesn't sound bad.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yep, these are the ones I got. I used the largest size for right ear. Even though I can't get them all the way around the ear piece it does seem to stay in. The sound quality and range seem fine. I think I'm going to try the scala too and see which I like better.

My only complaint is that the stock config of the 660 is not easy to put on in a timely manner when the phone rings (with one hand). The ear gels help, but they frequently come off if I leave the headset in my pocket. I want to try the scala for a comparison.
    Does anyone have any static issues with the scala 500 without being directly in front of it? I have to keep mine close to me or it breaks up the call and my party cant hear me, Sound is great as long as i have it on my hip
    Thats a kill joy,Its ok as long as youre in the room with It but If you forget to grab the phone when you leave out. Static
    I received my Scala yesterday. So far very pleased. It actually cinnects to the phone by it's self. Redial works. People do not know I am on a headset. Actually I sound better than when I use the Treo alone. Have not used it in my F150 yet, but it already has better volume than my HS810 had. The HS810 was incapable of any handsfree functions. Still may try Sony HBH 660, but unless I see evidence of signifigant difference I am happy for now.
    I got my HBH-660 and I feel it is MUCH better than the scala which I am now selling. The only issue that I have is that the eargels are a bit uncomfortable for me. Has anyone tried the Slicsound gels and do the slicsounds stay in the ear as well as the Jabras?
  14.    #114  
    What are the Slicsound gels? I'm happy with the 660 and jabra eargels, and I might just have to buy some superglue for them. People hear me fine, there's no static, and volume is fine too. They still fall out too easily, so a drop a superglue should fix that. I'd still like to try the Scala someday, but with all the new headsets coming out, I might not have to.

A friend was looking into the Epox BT-HS02 which got a good review here: http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp...source=ARCHIVE
    I'm debating if I should just let him get it, so I can see if it's any better.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    I got my HBH-660 and I feel it is MUCH better than the scala which I am now selling. The only issue that I have is that the eargels are a bit uncomfortable for me. Has anyone tried the Slicsound gels and do the slicsounds stay in the ear as well as the Jabras?
    Just curious why you think MUCH better?
    Mainly because of the clarity. The Scala was very fuzzy unless it was close to the phone. Secondly because of the caller ID. I keep my phone in a horizontal belt holster and many times when I take the phone out of the holster while ringing, it somehow picks up the call. Very bad when trying to avoid the wife.
  17. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    OK. Let's add a little more confusion for those still on the fence...

I reported earlier that I was disappointed with the HBH-600's outgoing sound... well, that seems to have worked itself out. The last few tests I've made, I've been pretty happy with the results. Also, the people I'm talking to say I sound fine.

As far as the ear gels... I first purchased the Slicsound ones. They fit the 600 just fine, and you certainly don't need any more volume when they're on, but they wouldn't stay in my ear.

My biggest problem with the 660 is the ear clip. You can't put it on with one hand (when I'm driving, I don't like to wear the headset all of the time, just when I'm on the phone) and when you finally do get it on your ear, the sound (without the ear gels) is way too low.

Earlier (I think in this thread) someone recommended using the Slicsound gels and removing the ear clip alltogether. I tried it, but the headset wouldn't stay in my ear.

So, today I bought the clear, Jabra ear gels to see if that would work any better. Viola! Finally, it stays in my ear (without the ear clip) , the sound is great, and I can put it in my ear with one hand.

Summary: HBH-600 + Jabra (clear) ear gels = Works great for me.
    On further review.
    I used the Scala all day today, while driving shopping, working and at home. I am disapointed now. Callers tell me it cuts out and I hear some static. I can however hear them. Guess the HBH-660 is next.
    IF Motorola or Palm would just give a volume boost I would be back to the HS810. It was clear, worked great at home, callers thought I was at home on land line. Just not loud enough in the truck or noisy enviroments
    If anybody is interested - eCost has the Cardo Scala-500 on special for $36.00 (plus 3.95) handling. Shipping is included on standard ground or $9.95 standard FedEx overnight. I just ordered one Sunday from eCost for for $44.95. I have been using it a day. It seems to work pretty well. It sounds good on both ends. I just have to remember all of the options. It is works considerably better than the Plantronics M2500 I tried last week.

Cougar
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Here is a link for the SilcSound gels- http://www.slicsound.com/home.asp

and you can check out the discussion at this thread:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...307#post526307

I haven't tried them yet. But the Jabra ear gels didn't work for me either.

Actually moving the hub as Jeff Gibson did seems ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_vag
    What are the Slicsound gels? I'm happy with the 660 and jabra eargels, and I might just have to buy some superglue for them. People hear me fine, there's no static, and volume is fine too. They still fall out too easily, so a drop a superglue should fix that. I'd still like to try the Scala someday, but with all the new headsets coming out, I might not have to.

A friend was looking into the Epox BT-HS02 which got a good review here: http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp...source=ARCHIVE
    I'm debating if I should just let him get it, so I can see if it's any better.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast