Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidoff
    Seriously speaking, you guys are confusing me big time. I dont know which one to get now. Maybe we should get a poll going here.
    Although both are the only two worth buying right now for the 650, if you could only get one, get the HBH 660. Look for them on eBay. Do get the Jabra ear gels (the non-colored ones) though.

YoungTurk
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Although both are the only two worth buying right now for the 650, if you could only get one, get the HBH 660. Look for them on eBay. Do get the Jabra ear gels (the non-colored ones) though.

YoungTurk
    Youngturk why should davidoff buy the HBH 660 over the scala what makes it "better" ??

If I was going to buy one actually I would go the other way, Why?

1.Cheaper $42 to $76 plus eargels. less impact if I don't like it

2.We know that the fit is more versitile with the Scala because of the bendable ear hook. Less chance of the fit being wrong.

3.Sounds like noboby is saying that the static is less/more to any great degree on either.

* i have both
    Last edited by sjjones; 01/04/2005 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Youngturk why should davidoff buy the HBH 660 over the scala what makes it "better" ??

If I was going to buy one actually I would go the other way, Why?

1.Cheaper $42 to $76 plus eargels. less impact if I don't like it

2.We know that the fit is more versitile with the Scala because of the bendable ear hook. Less chance of the fit being wrong.

3.Sounds like noboby is saying that the static is less/more to any great degree on either.

* i have both
    I have both also . . .

Obviously the 660 plus the ear gels costs more. But don't we want it to work, always? The 660 just works . . .

All-too-often the Scala has static, while the 660 rarely does. The peace of mind that your conversations will not be static-plagued tips the scale (no pun intended) to the 660. If I was only able to buy one, I would pick the 660.

YoungTurk
    Many people have commented about the loud ear drum piercing beep the 660 makes when a call starts or ends. I just read this review (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5623.html) and in that review they say...

"...the beeps emitted at all stages of the process are irksome. Fortunately, the volume control can separately adjust the beep volume and the call volume, though the latter only when actually engaged in a call."

So, does anyone who is using the 660 know if you can actually turn down the volume for the annoying, loud beeps separately from the volume?

Winter
    What retail outlets carry the HBH 660? I would like to buy one, but for something like a headset I'm really interested to physically see it (and maybe try it on) before I spend the money.
    KitMoni
    just got my cardo scala yesterday afternoon. (thought I'd trythe cheaper option after losing my 660)

Initial impressions.

Volume is TONS better. No need to use the mute trick.
    no annoying beep when the calls hags up (sony was real loud)
    doesnt ring in my ear (sony did, very cool)
    a little slow to connect when call coming in (sony was vey fast)
    fits better than the sony
    I like the little belt clip and charging cradle(sony just had that annoying cord)
    had a tiny bit of static on the one call I've used it for.

Will test it out on the road today and give more opinion later.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    The Cardo has a beep when calls hang up and does ring in your ear. At least mine does.

Keep in mind it doesn't ring in your ear for a second or two after you get a call.
    I'll find out about this soon. I just ordered the 660 and should receive it later this week. According to the user manual for the HBH-660 on treocentral.com, turning down the incoming beeps should be as easy as adjusting the volume while not on a call. I may be wrong, but that seems to be what the user manual states.

Quote Originally Posted by winter
    Many people have commented about the loud ear drum piercing beep the 660 makes when a call starts or ends. I just read this review (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5623.html) and in that review they say...

"...the beeps emitted at all stages of the process are irksome. Fortunately, the volume control can separately adjust the beep volume and the call volume, though the latter only when actually engaged in a call."

So, does anyone who is using the 660 know if you can actually turn down the volume for the annoying, loud beeps separately from the volume?

Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The Cardo has a beep when calls hang up and does ring in your ear. At least mine does.

Keep in mind it doesn't ring in your ear for a second or two after you get a call.
    true about the beep, just not as earpiercing as the 660. I havent heard the ring cause I havent received any calls with it..duh!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Now a negative on the HBH-660. Today I noticed after about an hour and a half of no incoming or outgoing calls, an incoming call came in, but it only rang on the phone and not the headset. (I had used the headset, for both incoming and outgoing calls, without incident earlier this morning). This reminded me of something I had read somewhere, where the 660 'goes to sleep.' Could this have been a symptom of that?

So, now I question whether the 660 reliably rings on incoming calls?

I'm back to the Scala for now and we'll see if I have any more static problems.

YoungTurk
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Are we having fun yet
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    true about the beep, just not as earpiercing as the 660. I havent heard the ring cause I havent received any calls with it..duh!
    The scala ring starts off at a low volume then increases.
    cool..

I tried it out while in the car. Called mom who always complains about me yelling while using a headset.

She said I sounded like I was on a land line. Turned the heater on hi and she said she could hear "something" but not sure what. Turned the radio on. she could hear music but could still hear me just fine. I was gonna roll down the windows but its only like 20 and I didnt feel like freezing my arse.

Impressed so far.. more as it occurs.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Well....I ordered the HBH-660 so I'll let you guys know what I think of it when it gets here. I got it from Dan's Cell....ebay...and its taking sometime to get here...arrgghh...cant wait.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    just got my cardo scala yesterday afternoon. (thought I'd trythe cheaper option after losing my 660)

Initial impressions.

Volume is TONS better. No need to use the mute trick.
    no annoying beep when the calls hags up (sony was real loud)
    doesnt ring in my ear (sony did, very cool)
    a little slow to connect when call coming in (sony was vey fast)
    fits better than the sony
    I like the little belt clip and charging cradle(sony just had that annoying cord)
    had a tiny bit of static on the one call I've used it for.

Will test it out on the road today and give more opinion later.
    Well, you just sold me. "Volume is TONS better..." I am SO angry about the volume issue with this phone that I've actually STOPPED telling people to get one. If this headset can truly, reliably make the mute trick unneccesary, then I will spend the money. I won an HS810 at work, and was so happy that I wouldn't need to buy a headset for my new 650, but I guess that's down the tubes. Thanks, PalmOne.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Does the Scala have any kind of LED indicator when your talking? There's no "real" reason I need this, I just think it's cool! Also, does the Scala pair in headset, or Hands-free. Actually, to me, it sounds like Hands-free because of the various features it appears to support, but anyone who knows speak up. Thanks. Gonna have to go sell the wife on why I need this headset.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    My Scala should arrive at work tomorrow!
    yes.. has a very "cool" blue led that flashes when on.
    I have ordered the 660...lots of people have noted using the Jabra Eargels. I have a number of those around from previous Jabra wired Jabra headsets - but I have ordered SlicSound (or something like that) eargels to go on my 660. I have been using the BT250 that came with my Treo and am very excited to try the 660.

But now the Scala has me wondering. This is my first Treo and I can't go a day without checking this site out. This place is awesome!
    My Scala arrived yesterday. I fully charged it and tried it out one time today. It has a background hissing noise when connected. Not static, just hissing, like when you turn music up too high on the stereo. (FYI: I'm brand new to BlueTooth).

Am I alone on this one?
    Do all Scala 500's do this and I just haven't seen anyone else mention this?
    Do all BlueTooth headsets do this and it is just a trade off for the convenience of BT?
    Or do I just happen to have a defective unit?

Thanks,
    ~'kito
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast