Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New butler beta available at my site

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

Adds
    Real Player support (it's clunky though)
    Aeroplayer Support
    Adds sub-folder and 'whole drive' support for sd card

fixes switcher history issue
    fixes (i hope) issue where you could make a call on the 650 by repeatedly pressing phone key
    mp3 play shouldn't now kill playlist in pocket tunes

disables everything during hotsync - this may stop the 650 crashes that have been happening with large files (let me know)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Caused reset loop upon initial install...
    This had happen to me also, but after many tires I got to right. (I think, not sure, but Butler should have been "disable all" before install.) After I got Butler setup the way I like it. The one thing that I did not change was the alterative Keyguard auto off after 0 sec. A few minutes later I could not turn the keyguard off. I pressed all the hard over and over till I got it to stay on. So I change the alterative Keyguard auto off after 10 sec. This was the default in the older versions.
    Just to add, I have not had a problem since.
    confusedvorlorn, thanks for updating Butler. any chance of implementing "senstivity" of the side button (as we previously discussed: single vs double vs press/hold) into this beta?
    Reset loop here, had to hard reset....
    reset loop here too. Before I installed I deleted 2.4 and soft reset. Warm reset to stop loop and butler didn't show up in launcher. Had to use filez to delete.
    I should add, I didn't have butler on my Treo at all before installing this beta. I'd previously had it installed, but it and several other programs were causing enough instability that I did a hard reset and did a clean install of all my apps, not including butler. So this was the first time any version of Butler has been installed on this build of my Treo.
    reset loop also
  10.    #10  
    Sorry folks - stupid bug in 2.50 causing reset loop. Did the reset protection only work for me though? It stops after the second reset for me?

2.51 fixes the bug - so should be fine now. Let me know if it fixes the hotsync issue.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Just installed 2.51--- NO PROBLEMS on install, and the "BIG FILE INSTALL BUG" seemed to be overcome...I tested using pspeak.pdb and it installed okay with all of the options enabled. HOWEVER, I think there is still a Hotsync bug (having NOTHING to do with Butler) that caused resets when that file was resident in internal 650 memory.

Things seems stable after about 5 hotsyncs and I am very happy to have my Butler back again! Forgot how much I missed everything...

One of the notes mentioned that the new version of Butler overcomes a "feature" where the 650 Phone button doesn't dial things inadvertently, and this is HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I have dialed someone accidentally because of that problem...the only weirdness is trying to get to the dial pad now-- no matter how many times I press PHONE hardkey, it only goes to the Phone screen. Since I have my keypad hidden in favor of wallpaper, it makes dialing alpha tougher now.

CV, Could you add a toggle that cycles phone between keypad and wallpaper with each click? No big deal here, since the keypad appeared after my first digit was dialed.

Anyway, looks stable and this new "OVERCOME STUPID NATIVE 650 PHONE BUTTON" behavior is great-- I hate calling people accidentally!

Thanks CV-- responsive and good as always!

P
    With 2.51, I'm getting a crash at the end of a hotsync where I do an install. The app I'm trying to install is the VoiceDial install file. It's about 1MB. If I don't have butler installed, or if I choose "Disable all" from the Butler menu before the hotsync, it installs over fine. However, if I have Butler options enabled, then during the last phase of the hotsync, where it says "Cleaning up", the phone resets. I then get this in ##377#:

A reset was caused...while running "HotSync":

Emul68KMain.c
    Line: 438, line 1010
    exception at address 73125828

I don't get this if Butler is enabled and I'm not installing a file. Only with Butler enabled and a large install. I tried a smaller file with Butler enabled (ChordBuddy.prc, 45K), and I don't have problems. I tried an Agendus icon pack (455K), and it went fine too. I'll see if I have another large file to test with to make sure it's not just that one. But that one file does go over fine when Butler is disabled.
    Interesting.

I just installed the beta 2.51 and I can't turn off the alternative keyguard. It was automatically invoked and even when I enabled it and then again disabled it, it was on. btw it was a clean install not an upgrade.

I haven't tried hotsyncing yet.

rob
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    CV, anyway you could stop the resets that butler has with backupman? Everytime it completes a backup with butler installed, the phone resets. Delete butler, and everything backs up fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Interesting.

I just installed the beta 2.51 and I can't turn off the alternative keyguard. It was automatically invoked and even when I enabled it and then again disabled it, it was on. btw it was a clean install not an upgrade.

I haven't tried hotsyncing yet.

rob
    I have that same problem and I posted about it in another thread (I'm glad you mentioned it here). I wasn't sure if I was the only one. I deleted the old version of butler, then installed the new beta, and I can't turn of the alternative keyguard either.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    CV, anyway you could stop the resets that butler has with backupman? Everytime it completes a backup with butler installed, the phone resets. Delete butler, and everything backs up fine.
    I second that thought!

Also, I've noticed a potential conflict with TakePhone. After I got my first voicemail (with both TakePhone and Butler loaded) and then listened to it, Butler continued to think there was a voicemail (for me, rapid blinking LED). Even after the voicemail was deleted and also "cleared" from the Phone menu. I tried soft-resetting--that didn't work. I tried deleting Butler--that didn't work. When I changed the "Voicemail waiting" setting in Butler, it would show whatever I chose (solid green, orange, etc.). Deleting TakePhone did not work either. I finally had to perform a hard reset. This had never happened to me before installing TakePhone. I will also post this at the discussion for that beta.

Lastly, any word on the side button issue, confusedvorlorn?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    It had taken me a while to discover which app was causing me the hotsync problem...I tried Butler 2.51 beta and still get a reset during the "cleaning up" part of hotsync, about every other hotsync, whether installing something or not. Disabling Butler does not help; moving Butler temporarily to SD card before hotsync avoids the problem. Had noticed an issue with BackupMan with prior version, have not tested it with this beta yet though.
    This is still the greatest app CV. I know its a little annoying creating fixes to all these bugs. You shouldn't have to fix Palmone's screwup with this NVFS deal. Keep up the great work.
    Mine also uses alternative keyguard no matter what is checked or not...
  20.    #20  
    ok,

hotsync reset - sounds like it's better, but nt fixed. I'll try changing the way I use memory and see if that helps.

alternative keyguard - clearly a bug - I'll fix it.

phone key behaviour. Please explain exactly what you want to happen (bearing in mind I don't have a 650). At the moment, if the phone app is open and keyguard engaged, I just block presses of the phone key

re backupman - this is the first I've heard of a clash. With any luck it will be the same problem as the hotsync and the same fix will eventually fix both.

re side key- I probably need an actual 650 to test on to make that work - though I will sort it then!

finally - any comments on what has been added? - Particularly the real player support?
    Hobbyist Software
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast