Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have the newest beta of butler installed, and I think I have several issues that others have also outlined. Most of these issues did not occur with the previous version of Butler.

First, I do have many fewer resets in the middle of hotsyncs, although I do have frequent resets at the very end of the hotsync. I get no resets during or after hotsyncs if I have butler (beta) disabled.

As others have mentioned, there is now some very quirky behaviour with the phone button. If I am on a call, it does not allow me to wake up the Treo to see the screen, etc.

The Butler alternative keyguard now is on whether I enable it or not. Also, my volume buttons now act to move up or down instead of allowing me to configure the volume. This is occuring even though I do not have this enabled in butler.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I have the newest beta of butler installed, and I think I have several issues that others have also outlined. Most of these issues did not occur with the previous version of Butler.

First, I do have many fewer resets in the middle of hotsyncs, although I do have frequent resets at the very end of the hotsync. I get no resets during or after hotsyncs if I have butler (beta) disabled.

As others have mentioned, there is now some very quirky behaviour with the phone button. If I am on a call, it does not allow me to wake up the Treo to see the screen, etc.

The Butler alternative keyguard now is on whether I enable it or not. Also, my volume buttons now act to move up or down instead of allowing me to configure the volume. This is occuring even though I do not have this enabled in butler.
    sounds like you have 2.51 - can you try 2.52 and let me know if you still have problems. I think it fixes the phone key behavious - and it certainly fixes the compulsory keyguard behaviour
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    sounds like you have 2.51 - can you try 2.52 and let me know if you still have problems. I think it fixes the phone key behavious - and it certainly fixes the compulsory keyguard behaviour
    Rob...see my posts here and mtdn. 2.52 does not fix the phone key problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    phone button issues still exist for myself and several users over at mtdn..
    I know, stupid question but... MTDN? What is that? I think I used to know but lost it. I googled and got nothing.

rp
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    I know, stupid question but... MTDN? What is that? I think I used to know but lost it. I googled and got nothing.

rp
    sorry...

www.mytreo.net
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Thanks for the suggestion. You were right, I was using version 2.51 and had not updated to version 2.52. I'm sorry if it caused any confusion, I just missed that update.

I can confirm (at least for me) that the alternative keyguard issue has been fixed (thank you). The other issues still remain. The phone key behaviour is still altered and the volume keys still move the selection up and down even when I haven't turned on this behaviour.
    Rob:

I downloaded the 2.5 beta of Butler. The phone key is still not working properly. When holding down the phone key, the call log should appear. This is not functional with the latest beta installed.
    We are almost there! Keep up the good work!
    CV:

Does the older version of Butler (2.22, for example) work with the 650 as long as it's disabled before sync, or are there other problems? I love Butler, but I'm kind of tired of running beta software. I'd prefer to let others find the bugs for a while.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Still confused after reading descriptions and posts. Will Butler intercept the attention manager and display a message of a new email or does it just replace the sound and LED notification choices? Thanks for the clarification.
    Newest works great for me

THANKS!!!!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrudwin
    Still confused after reading descriptions and posts. Will Butler intercept the attention manager and display a message of a new email or does it just replace the sound and LED notification choices? Thanks for the clarification.
    it replaces the sound and led choices - and is a LOT more flexible about when/how they happen.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Newest works great for me

THANKS!!!!
    Me too - good to have it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Me too - good to have it back.

Are you using 2.55 beta, or 2.55?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123