Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The normal function of the phone while in the phone app is to pop up a list of recent outgoing going calls. I like that function but it is now gone with the newest butler on any or no settings
    thanks, cv. any thought to a previous suggestion for allowing toggling of the LED to indicate Vision status (active/dormant) and roaming?
    For what it's worth, I too can confirm the alternative keyguard bug.

This was a first time installation for me, and I never changed the setting at all. I noticed that it came on while diddling other preferences.

Hope that helps find the bug. Thanks for a nice app!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    People's tastes will vary, but I would prefer to have the phone button toggle between Home/Contacts/Call Log/Dial Pad with each subsequent button press.

That would save keystrokes since we wouldn't have to use the DPad to get to phone functions..

Does anyone else have other prefs?
    I just found that with the beta Butler version installed I can't "wake" up the phone with a push of the phone button on my new 650. All the other buttons wake it up but not the phone button.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I too have the keyguard permanently enabled issue.

Additionally, I would rather not have the phone key disabled at any point as this prevents the use of the phone answer key on my stereo headset/microphone. Currently, I delete butler and soft reset when I want to listen to music and have the ability to answer calls on my 650 headset. When I am done, I restore it (and the preferences) from the card.
    With the phone button I now cannot...

wake up treo
    answer a call
    access recent outgoing calls for fast redial

Rob...please let me know that you've seen this and are working on it.

thanks
    Phil
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    When I installed a fresh copy of Butler 2.51 beta, I dont have a problem with the alt. keyguard but my phone button (like post #26 , #28) does not operate anymore. I have Pocketprotector set up to use the "red" off button power up the phone and that is the only way to turn it on now. If I disable Butler, the button works fine.
    Well, of course, one other bug is it doesn't work with the Radio Control program that is a neat simple app that automatically turns your phone back on after a soft reset. Of course, one could say this is a bug in Radio Control too.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    CV, I want to report a new bug that I previously thought was just related to TakePhone. I had been running Butler 2.4 without any problems. I installed TakePhone. The next time I got a voicemail, I listened to it and erased it. However, the voicemail waiting LED (I have it set at fast blinking) persisted. This continued despite "clearing" the voicemail from the phone apps menu, soft reset, deleting TakePhone, and even deleting Butler. As an added note (maybe to help solve this problem), after a soft reset the rapid blinking begins even before the Phone is turned on. It occurs some time during the "Palm" logo.

I've only found 2 ways to "solve" this problem. A hard reset successfully solved the problem (until the next voicemail came in; the problem then repeated itself, which is what prompted me to report now). TakePhone was not installed after the hard reset. The second way only works temporarily (and is what I'm doing right now): I move Butler to the SD card and then perform a soft reset. If I keep Butler on the SD (not functioning), things are OK. If I try to move Butler back to internal memory, I see the rapid blinking again (regardless of VM status). When I receive a call when in this rapid blinking (without an actual VM) mode, my device soft resets almost immediately. This latter aspect is the most troubling, as I cannot keep Butler loaded at this time because of it.

Any others with a similar experience? Any thoughts/fixes, CV? I haven't tried 2.51 yet, as it does not yet seem stable.
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 01/04/2005 at 11:06 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    With the phone button I now cannot...

wake up treo
    answer a call
    access recent outgoing calls for fast redial

Rob...please let me know that you've seen this and are working on it.

thanks
    Phil
    I have seen this.
    I'm not sure of the solution yet. The question is which key presses are allowed and which are not.

we want to disallow the keypress that starts a call, but not he ones that wake up or answer a call.

at the moment - the rule is to disallow presses that happen when the phone app is open - and yes I now realise it is too simplistic!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    use the "reset phone" tool to reset that hard button. it should work fine then
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I have seen this.
    I'm not sure of the solution yet. The question is which key presses are allowed and which are not.

we want to disallow the keypress that starts a call, but not he ones that wake up or answer a call.

at the moment - the rule is to disallow presses that happen when the phone app is open - and yes I now realise it is too simplistic!
    Thanks for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    use the "reset phone" tool to reset that hard button. it should work fine then
    Thanks my citrus helmeted friend

edit:

but it didn't help
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 01/05/2005 at 06:04 AM.
    CV, any response to the issue I outlined in #31?
    I see beta v2.52 is posted at www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

Anyone tried it yet? What are the fixes? I think I will load it up now.

Rob
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    I see beta v2.52 is posted at www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

Anyone tried it yet? What are the fixes? I think I will load it up now.

Rob
    phone button issues still exist for myself and several users over at mtdn.
    oh. I thought it seemed like the phone button was working better on mine (for the 5 minutes I've been using it).

At least I can now turn off the altwrnate keyboard.

looks pretty good to me... so far...
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    oh. I thought it seemed like the phone button was working better on mine (for the 5 minutes I've been using it).

At least I can now turn off the altwrnate keyboard.

looks pretty good to me... so far...
    can you access recent calls and redial by pressing the phone button within the phone app?
    I cannot acces my recent call list. also when i'm talking on phone, if I hit phone button, it doees not access keypad. the "reset phone" app doesn't fix it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast