1.    #1  
    I just bought a new digital camera and am having trouble getting the pictures on my Treo. I place the jpeg in the treopictures/transfer folder. The hot sync log says they are too large. How do I get them smaller? Thanks for helping a digital newbie.

I have acid image also, if that helps.

I also have a couple of old pictures that are prc files. What do I do with them?

Thanks!
    The Treopictures conduit only transfers pics to Ram...and thus it is limited to the ram of the Treo. You need to resize the images if you want to transfer them. It you already have Acid Image, then you can just use that app to automatically resize your images and transfer them to you treo. If you don't want to resize your images, then you can just directly copy the images tot he /DCIM folder only your card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you suggested but the log said the jpeg was too large. How do you use acidimage to resize? I thought it was automatic? (by the prefs I checked) Thanks for trying to help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you suggested but the log said the jpeg was too large. How do you use acidimage to resize? I thought it was automatic? (by the prefs I checked) Thanks for trying to help me.
    Easiest way is to go here .
    About half-way down the page download 'Image Resizer'. This small Microsoft utility allows you to right-click any image(s) and then offers you the new option of 'Resize'. Various sizes are then listed including Palm sized. This is by any means the easiest way to resize a pic and best of all its fast and completely FREE!!!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Have you tried transfering the images to your SD card using a card reader?

It's much faster than hotsync and will let you transfer any file type extension.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I'd recommend getting softstick's PC Card export II. It's about $15 and will allow you to mount/use your phone as a USB drive. Also allows you to use Linux or MS Windows file managers to easily drag and drop pictures to your PC. You'll need an SD card of course but they are way cheap now. MUCH easier than a hotsync for file transfers.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Make copies of your images before you shrink'em. You'll need the high res versions if you want to make reprints later.
    Obscura