1.    #1  
    Thanks to everybody helping here on the forum, I'm starting to get into a rhythm on my 650, enjoying it for the most part. There are still a couple of bothersome quirks.

I've seen a couple of places here on the TC forum where someone accused Agendus of causing a corrupt SMS thread. But I'm not using Agendus... and a couple of times, I've encountered that. Today, I have a corrupt SMS thread that won't erase with the normal "delete" key (causes an instant soft reset). I've even tried a hard reset, and it shows up like a bad dream, over and over.

I've tried manually deleting these files in the zLauncher file manager:
    MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

None of them cause the SMS thread to vanish.

Help! :-)

Thanks for any ideas.

Doug
    Doug
    Those files are for Versamail. Try deleting the SMS Messages2 file that should fix you up.
  3.    #3  
    Deleted SMSMessages2 -- no help. The corrupted SMS (and good threads too) are still there. Any other ideas? :-(
    Doug
    corrupted SMS shows up after a hard reset?? Is this "immediately" after a hard reset, before you re-sync your data?? I' not sure that is possible.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  5.    #5  
    I know! I thought a hard reset should destroy/renew *everything*. But it didn't. Even before I had resync'd, the corrupted Sms was still there. But I just went to file manager and deleted any and every non-ROM file I could find with a file name *anything* resembling messaging or sms and, lo and behold, I got it. So I'm back in business. Sorry to say, I don't know which file it was that contained the errant message. I'll have to go through the list sometime and try to remember all the files I deleted! :-)
    Doug
    Doug
    well I do believe you. I'm not a Palm programer, but I think the ROM loads some files back into the main memory after a hard reset. If I'm correct, and you did what you said, it's quite possible your ROM maybe corrupt, which means this problem could come back. You might ask someone like shadowmite.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  7.    #7  
    Whoa... I don't like the sounds of that. I'll let you know next hard reset. :-)
    Doug
    I had the same problem with mine. everytime I clicked DONE or went into SMS PREFS, it would soft reset.

What u need to do is. Use FileZ and erase the MESSAGES DATABASE file. and you'll be good to go. Let us know if that works. -TD6
  9.    #9  
    Thanks TreoDaddeo6. See message #5 above. I'm guessing one of the files I deleted was the very file you suggested. Thanks.
    Doug
    Doug
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    thank you Tredaddeo , that mixed my soft reset problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwTreo
    thank you Tredaddeo , that mixed my soft reset problem.
    no problem.. also try not to delete a whole lot of actual sms messages at once. for some reason that's too much work for the treo to do and sometimes wants to take a quick nap
    "I have to return some videotapes."