1. Y2J
    Hello,
    Under Tips; in the Pics & Video app; there is a tip for Postioning photos for optimum viewing.
    It says; on the Device screen; select the pic and drag it with the stylus.
    I can't for the life of me get this to work.
    Dumb question, but which one is the device screen?
    Is it where ever you would like the pic to be? Or is it in the Pics and Video menu?

Thanks in advice for the help.

-Y2J
    They mean when you see the thumbnails of the pics tap one to select it. When it is opened, (you see it full screen) if it is larger then the screen, you can use the stylus to drag the picture around. You might have to press the up arrow on the 5-way to zoom in on the picture first.

Good luck.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  3. Y2J
    Thanks for the reply skydivewags.
    I did try that. I saw the thumbnail, hit the center button to make the image bigger. It is almost the size of the entire screen.
    I put the stlyus in the middle and dragged it up, but to no avail. The pic did not move at all.
    I'm sure I am doing (or not doing) something stupid.

I will keep trying.
  4. Y2J
    I rotated the picture sideways to get the whole pic in the screen. Maybe it is just too large to positon in the default position.
    But I assumed, you could still move it, even if it meant taking a little bit off the top of the pic.
    I don't think you understand. In the thumbnail view, you can move the thumbnails around so they are in a different order. This is not for moving the full size image around. I don't think you can do that.

I you want more options for images, get SplashPhoto it's the best photo software for handhelds.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    This is not for moving the full size image around. I don't think you can do that.

Yes, you can move the full size photo around in "Pics&Videos". But the picture has to be larger then the 650's screen size, which is 320x320.

Are the pictures you are working with taken with the 650 and at the 640x480 setting? If so, after clicking on a picture, you should be able to move it side to side a little, you can then press the up arrow on the 5-way, and that will zoom in on the picture. Then you will be able to drag the picture around.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Wags knows what he's talking about: dragging 640x480 pics works fine for me.

On a tangentially related topic does it take a long time (7-8 seconds) for your pics to come up full screen from thumbnails or scrolling full screen pic to next full screen pic?
    My mistake. I didn't know you could do that. Seems to work fine though, don't know what the original poster's problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Yes, you can move the full size photo around in "Pics&Videos". But the picture has to be larger then the 650's screen size, which is 320x320.

Are the pictures you are working with taken with the 650 and at the 640x480 setting? If so, after clicking on a picture, you should be able to move it side to side a little, you can then press the up arrow on the 5-way, and that will zoom in on the picture. Then you will be able to drag the picture around.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. Y2J
    Ok. I think I know what is going on. The pic was not taken with the camera. It is a wallpaper I downloaded. Maybe that is why it does not work.
    Sorry. I should have stated that in my original post. I wasn't thinking.
    I tried zooming in on a picture I took with the Treo, and that worked.

Thanks for the help.
    -Y2J
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2J
    Thanks for the help.
    -Y2J

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    On a tangentially related topic does it take a long time (7-8 seconds) for your pics to come up full screen from thumbnails or scrolling full screen pic to next full screen pic?
    I found it takes a long time to "flip" from picture to picture, if they are very large files. I have some pictures on my memory card that are straight from my Digital Rebel. They are 6.3 Mega pixel, and around 2MB in size. It takes about 4 seconds from the time I press the left arrow button, until the next picture shows up. I can't zoom in on these pictures either, it says the picture is too large. The time it takes for them to open from the thumbnail view, is about one second longer (5sec.). For pictures taken with the built in camera, it seems to take about 2 seconds to open, or flip to the next picture.

I used to have Photogather on my phone, and that went from photo to photo with no delay. I wonder what Palm One has done to make their program so slow?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags