1.    #1  
    My office uses an Avaya Partner system. When I'm on call, I get notification of any voice messages that come in. I have to call into the system and then enter a sequence of information (mailbox #, password, etc) to access the message. Is there a way to automate this on the Treo 650? For instance, can I create a Speed Dial entry (that would contain my mailbox #, password, etc.) that I can activate once a call is connected?
    RTFM. Favorites -> Extra Digits. If you don't have the 650 yet you can download the manual in PDF from palmOne.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm hoping someone writes a utility to allow repeated actions of
    dialing digit strings after a call has started. My old Startac had
    that. Better, have a selection of multiple digit strings to select
    from instead of just "the next one".

Mark
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    RTFM. Favorites -> Extra Digits. If you don't have the 650 yet you can download the manual in PDF from palmOne.
    easy, bcaslis. thanks for trying to help. i probably should have explained myself better. my answering system calls me and then i have to go through a series of prompts, passwords, etc. anyway to have the "extra digits" option pop-up on incoming calls also or any other way to accomplish this?
    Not trying to break anyone's chops just explaining where it is.

You can setup for a series of things by using pauses (commas). I do that on mine. There isn't a way to just get to wait on prompts (that I know of) but you can put in multiple commas to build up the wait time to make sure it waits long enough for each pause. It would probably involve some trial and error but should be workable. That was how I did it for my voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    easy, bcaslis. thanks for trying to help. i probably should have explained myself better. my answering system calls me and then i have to go through a series of prompts, passwords, etc. anyway to have the "extra digits" option pop-up on incoming calls also or any other way to accomplish this?
  6.    #6  
    bcaslis, i'm actually asking about doing this on incoming calls. i understand the method for outgoing calls associated with a "favorite" item. is there any way to have a programmed sequence of digits that can be keyed-in during an INCOMING call?

btw, there is an option in the sprint pcs administrative options menu to disable the need to enter your password when VM is checked from your phone (so that you don't need to program the extra digits, etc). i've got mine set like this and only have to speed dial 1 and i'm in my voice mail without any further delay!
    In the beginning you said when on a call. Your voice mail doesn't call you does it? You can have a favorite not automatically dial the extra digits but pause and wait for you to send them.

If it's really an incoming, then I don't know. I don't think you can get to the favorites when a call is active.

bcaslis, i'm actually asking about doing this on incoming calls. i understand the method for outgoing calls associated with a "favorite" item. is there any way to have a programmed sequence of digits that can be keyed-in during an INCOMING call?

btw, there is an option in the sprint pcs administrative options menu to disable the need to enter your password when VM is checked from your phone (so that you don't need to program the extra digits, etc). i've got mine set like this and only have to speed dial 1 and i'm in my voice mail without any further delay!
  8.    #8  
    yeah, incoming calls are the problem. any known solutions anyone? i get a call from my office's VM system alerting me of a new VM and i can then listen to it only after a series of codes and prompts...
    Have you guys checked out Takephone? It might do this afaikafaikafaik....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi,

Yes - TAKEphONE can handle dialing on an existing call.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11.    #11  
    shimon, how does it do that?
    If you are on an existing call, and you choose a number to dial/call (either select a phone field within a contact record, or enter it manually), you get a dialog asking if you want to:
    "Dial it as DTMF" / "Start a conference call"
    Shimon Shnitzer
  13.    #13  
    thanks for the reply, shimon. i haven't tried takephone before. after i receive an incoming call, would i have to launch takephone or does it replace the existing phone app as the default?
    thanks for the reply, shimon. i haven't tried takephone before. after i receive an incoming call, would i have to launch takephone or does it replace the existing phone app as the default?
    You have to launch it.
    Shimon Shnitzer