Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed a disturbing trend lately: when I have Bluetooth on, but don't have my headset with me, I've been missing calls. I just notice my voicemail notification telling me of a call that there was no indication of. I first experienced this while using BTToggle (great program) and thought it was a problem with the software. Now I'm realizing that maybe it's a 650 bug. Anyone else experienced this?
  2. #2  
    I have bluetooth on 100% of the time and haven't had this happen once.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I've noticed a disturbing trend lately: when I have Bluetooth on, but don't have my headset with me, I've been missing calls. I just notice my voicemail notification telling me of a call that there was no indication of. I first experienced this while using BTToggle (great program) and thought it was a problem with the software. Now I'm realizing that maybe it's a 650 bug. Anyone else experienced this?

    Yes.


    I have experienced this as well with my second Treo 650 and Scala 500 BT headset.

    What I do now when I am not going to have the BT headset with me (or when I do not want it to auto-answer) is turn off the headset or else it auto-answers every call when BT is enabled on the T650. I keep bluetooth enabled (ON) 100% of the time.


    Thanks

    Mike
  4. #4  
    I have the Jabra headset (although I'm not sure why that would matter).

    I keep Bluetooth on all the time, and have never missed a call when away or near-to my headset.

    That said, I'll admit I don't usually receive more than 2-4 calls a day. If you receive lots more then your sample is more meaningful than mine.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Yes.


    I have experienced this as well with my second Treo 650 and Scala 500 BT headset.

    What I do now when I am not going to have the BT headset with me (or when I do not want it to auto-answer) is turn off the headset or else it auto-answers every call when BT is enabled on the T650. I keep bluetooth enabled (ON) 100% of the time.


    Thanks

    Mike
    Mike, your problem may be solved by disabling "Auto-Answer" in the "Handsfree" menu in preferences. Do you miss calls on your handset while BT is on primarily because the headset picks it up automatically? Or have you missed calls when you don't even have your headset, but the BT radio is on? This latter situation is what I'm asking about.
  6. #6  
    I too will have my 650 on my hip, no BT headset around and next thing I know I will get a voicemail notification. I have not tried to turn off BT on my 650 to see if that fixes it. I do have the BT Mute program on my phone....I wonder if this is causing it?
    Last edited by DVD Guy; 01/02/2005 at 04:29 PM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Mike, your problem may be solved by disabling "Auto-Answer" in the "Handsfree" menu in preferences. Do you miss calls on your handset while BT is on primarily because the headset picks it up automatically? Or have you missed calls when you don't even have your headset, but the BT radio is on? This latter situation is what I'm asking about.

    Thanks very much for the response. I also received a pm with this information and I do appreciate it.

    I have disabled auto answer in preferences- Handsfree and i'm fine.

    Thanks again for your assistance. This also helped me hear ringing (not right away but after 1 or 2 full rings on 650) in the headset.

    Thanks

    Mike

Posting Permissions