1.    #1  
    Hi

Yes, I have done some searching; however, I cannot find a decent article that will say what is the "de-facto" application for Instant Messaging (particullarly AIM) and GMail.

I would really like to have a decent Aim Client on my Treo 600, such as the one that comes with the Sidekick.

I have an SD 1 Gig card; memory isn't a problem - too bad I use it for my camera, too, though.

Thanks.
    I have only used Verichat. I think its an excellent instant messanger. You can download a trial at http://www.verichat.com/verichat/. Just try it and see if you like it. VersaMail works ok with gmail, I guess its better than nothing.
    Verichat is grrrrreat. I love it. As for gmail, are you looking for it to be in the same app as the IM or separate?
  4.    #4  
    Looks like I might buy VeriChat. I see AOL has an offical client for around the same price, is that better?

I'm looking around for a not so legit copy but can only find older versions of Verichat...
    AOLs official client crashes many people's treos often and should be avoided. You should also check out Causerie (www.mantragroup.com) for AIM and it also has a Gmail 'bot' which will check to see if you have new email messages waiting (sender and subject). You can't read the msgs but at least you can see if you have new ones.

Also, don't steal from developers.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Verichat is the best out of ALL of them. Especially the new version/interface.
    Gmail works fine with Snappermail (pop3)
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    Causerie from MantraGroup (www.mantragroup.com) is the BEST IM client. For your GMail requirement, Causerie has a GMail bot which lets you check for new messages (if any). Their version 2 is in beta and the application is getting better with lots of handy features.

My suggestion for you is to try Causerie and others as well and decide it yourself if other apps are "really" better than Causerie (infact where they stand in comparision with causerie) .
    Yes!! Causerie is certainly worth trying. I personally am a great fan of Causerie. It works very well for me.
  9.    #9  
    I got Verichat, but I'm confused on one issue.

It allows SMS and Data connection.. What is the difference? I'm with Sprint PCS with Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
    Looks like I might buy VeriChat. I see AOL has an offical client for around the same price, is that better?

I'm looking around for a not so legit copy but can only find older versions of Verichat...
    You have to log in via Verichat servers. They will know if you have stolen a copy. They may not do anything, but you have to basically tell them you are using their software for it to work.

Stealing is wrong. You know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
    I got Verichat, but I'm confused on one issue.
    It allows SMS and Data connection.. What is the difference? I'm with Sprint PCS with Vision.
    The Data connection is for when you are online and have the application open on your desktop. In that case, just like if you were logged on using your desktop computer, IMs are transmitted to you via the data (vision) link. Verichat also permits you to appear online when you're off. When you use that option, any IMs sent to you are transmitted from the Verichat servers to your phone via SMS.
    Read this thread on detailed discussion on IM apps:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...mundu+verichat

Verichat is nice but it requires a annual fee. Other options like Mundu and Chatopus only require one time fees fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions