Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ
    great thread! I had Today 2.2 on all week and I just downloaded 2Day. I have 1 problem with each if I could get help. Today App, I wanted to map the button to calendar, it mapped it to address instead, and I cant get it to map to my calendar button for some reason. On 2Day it maps to the calendar button, but it dosent allow me to mulripress view meaning without the app the button changes the calendar view everytime I press it....press I get this days appts, press again for week, press again for month etc. 2Day only switches from the app to calendar and thats all. any fixes for either app?
    For Today, you should be able to set it under Preferences. Just highlight Calendar, select options, and choose the app.

Can't help with 2Day.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I tried that, then I can't get calendar app at all to work off that button, Today prefs has a map to calendar button but it sends it to Address button instead, thats my problem, if it just mapped it to the Calendar button as I have tried, it opens when I press Address
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ
    great thread! I had Today 2.2 on all week and I just downloaded 2Day. I have 1 problem with each if I could get help. Today App, I wanted to map the button to calendar, it mapped it to address instead, and I cant get it to map to my calendar button for some reason. On 2Day it maps to the calendar button, but it dosent allow me to mulripress view meaning without the app the button changes the calendar view everytime I press it....press I get this days appts, press again for week, press again for month etc. 2Day only switches from the app to calendar and thats all. any fixes for either app?
    Hi,

You can try changing this in 2day with the "Operation" preferences page:
    Change "Then X views of ..."

Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    I really like Wassup. I am big fan of the Radar-view in it.
    For me the killer Today application is one that does the following:
    -Displays weather forcast for Today and Now (Just like 4Cast)
    -Shows subjects for the top 2 or 4 most recent unread e-mails (It has to support
    Snappermail, versamail, chattermail)
    -Shows all coming appointments and Todos
    -Shows Time
    -Shows Horoscope (if wanted)
    -A banner with recent News (One can pick which types)
    -Coming birthdays for the week.
    -Latest SMS received.

Now That would be a killer must have application. I don't know if that exists, but I would be really interested in one.

Al
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,
    Thanks for your input.
    lease allow me to "but in" and try responding:
    1. I do plan on releasing a hi-res version soon.
    2. You already have ability to get rid of most icons using 2day's prefs:
    - "Todo" preferences - uncheck "Show icons"
    - "Launcher" preferences - Check "Off" on top.
    - "Plugins" preferences - uncheck all options.
    This will leave you with only top line icons (and you can get rid of most of them using the "Monitoring" preferences page).
    Hope this clears out your screen a bit...
    3. ANY additional input/ideas is MOST welcome !
    Thanks !!!

I use Wassup, but I saw you post and wanted to comment. For me I just want something simple Agendus and Zlauncher are just way too much work.
    Now as for 2day. If you could do two things I would jump to this app.
    1) allow configurable Launch Icon like in Wassup. It has 15 available.
    2) allow the main screen to pull down the
    News Headlines,
    Weather,
    Daily quotes.
    and optional stock quotes I really like these feature in Agendus.
    Hi,

Currently 2day can have a launcher of 1-5 applications on bottom.
    I might add a "launcer"plugin later to allow more apps launched.

News & daily quotes can be added later, too - by me or any other developer - using the plugins mechanism (very simple)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    ok plug me in!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    2) allow the main screen to pull down the
    News Headlines,
    Weather,
    Daily quotes.
    and optional stock quotes I really like these feature in Agendus.
    Do I need to Install all Agendus if I just want to get the Today screen with News Headlines, weather, Daily quotes, birthdays, etc? That's all I need I don't need the whole thing. Anybody? I really need something light this, but light in size.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks. I found Today to be a simple and effective solution to the 650's lack of week calendar, plus the other added's I had forgotten it possesses.

How do you make custom background skins?
    You can make a background skin, with just different background images, as follows:

1. Unzip the Today download package and you will find a MyTodaySkin folder. In this folder there are alot of images and files. You are concerned with HiResBackgroundBottom16bpp and HiResBackgroundTop16bpp.

2. Create an image that has a width of 320 pixels and a height of 288 pixels, with a color depth of 256 colors, using the image program of your choice.

3. Cut this image in half, pasting the top part of the image in the HiResBackgroundTop16bpp file and the bottom part of the image in the HiResBackgroundBottom16bpp file.

4. To compile and create the skin, double click on the file TodaySkin. You will then find your new skin in the MyTodaySkin folder. By default the skin that is created is named "MyTodaySkin.pdb". You can easy change this by opening the file called TodaySkin in a text editor, such as Notepad. The second line reads as follows "pilrc -q -ro -type "skin" -creator "JLTD" TodaySkin.rcp MyTodaySkin.pdb". Change the "MyTodaySkin" text string to whatever you want the skin to be called and save and exit the file.
    Thanks Leslie,

I realize I'm a lil late but hey I'm gonna give it a try!

Could you guys post some of your customized Today screens? I need a lil motivation.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    GeekyMom, I downloaded Leslie's Today skins off her webpage and some nice hi-res ones from Palmgear. I can't make my own...no longer have my laptop, may it RIP :-(

I tried to download some from the other Today skin thread but they won't go onto my Treo? I don't understand the "download to card- convert PHP to PDB" stuff.

I downloaded an adorable hi-res Hello Kitty skin for my daughters. I then went to Google Image search and snapped a few pink Hello Kitty pics and use them for the calendar backround and wallpaper page. My daughters see Hello Kitty on every page!

It would be GREAT if people would post their skins like in the "wallpaper thread" (in download-to-Treo form).

Leslie...yours are really nice!
    Thanks Christinac,

Question, how were you able to get the Hello Kitty pic on your unit? I'm not able to find the Mytodayscreen file so I'm not able to do my own pics yet. If you have the prc file, could you please post it or list a link?

For those who may like them, here is the link to Leslie's Today graphics:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...as%20Lindstedt

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    can today 2.2 plugin chatter to the email part? are there any programs that can?
    GeekyMom...Here you go! I hope the link works (never done it before).

If not, on Palmgear go to Today 2.2 and click on "other applications by this developer." There should be a page of 23 skin choices.

Only the hi-res ones look nice. Especially Hello Kitty, Peanuts, Simpsons and Star Wars.

Hopefully people will start posting some here!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...as%20Lindstedt
    Oh...in answer to your other question, I downloaded the .zip file into HandZipperLite. When unzipped it goes right into Today.
    :-)
    Hey Christinac, I found a much easier solution. I'm trying "TodayPlus." Although it's not free, you don't have to be a programmer to use it. It's a lot meatier than "Today," has options galore but more importantly, you can use the pics already on your Treo for your screen:

"Application Description
    TodayPLUS is customizable program to display a "today" screen, much like what is available on a PPC. It uses a plug-in system to extend functions including Meena, a personal secretary/assistant."

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=93449

Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    can today 2.2 plugin chatter to the email part? are there any programs that can?
    I'm sorry Matt, I don't use Chatter.

A "plug" - 2day supports Chatter.
    Shimon Shnitzer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12