1.    #1  
    I'm not an engineer, nor do I have a good understanding of bluetooth and radio communications in general, but here's an interesting question: Can bluetooth be used to control devices using radio in the same 2.4 GHz spectrum? i.e., garage doors, dish network radio receivers)?
    No. The short explanation is that even if the frequencies matched, the communication protocols are different.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    No. The short explanation is that even if the frequencies matched, the communication protocols are different.
    Ok, I think I could buy that explanation from an application point of view. But couldn't an alternate BT stack be written to conform to the appropriate protocol? Please elaborate.. if it's not a network layer problem, where do you think the problem may lay?
    I doubt anyone but Palm would have the resources needed to write it (the source code, for one). And there's no way they'll do it. Assuming it's even possible, which I'm not sure about.