Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard when P1 will be releasing a cradle for the 650????? I am tired of having to pick this thing up every time I want to look at the time or the screen images flashing on my screen.

P1 sure didn't have a solid release plan for this device!

Jeff
    The T5 cradle is coming soon anyone know if they will be "universal"?

It looks like it will work.

http://www.palmone.com/ca/products/a...cablescradles/
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/31/2004 at 12:55 AM.
    No, the T5 is not supposed to fit the 650. P1 will release a 650 cradle, rumour is in about a month. The advantage of the 650 is that it is supposed to be able to charge the 650 and a spare battery.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Well, the sync cable that is included with the phone SUCKS...it is ALWAYS unplugging/disconnecting....what is so hard about releasing a cradle at the same time you release the phone? It's not like you have to beta test it or anything.
    This is getting ridiculous! I can't believe that PalmOne hasn't released a cradle for the Treo 650 yet. What makes it more annoying is that the standard sync cable sux so badly.

Has anyone heard any whispers about a release date for the cradle?
    Should we start a pool?

I pick April 1st.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    I called P1 yesterday and tried to order one. Was told that they are targeting the end of Feb for the release of the cradle. They "said" they wanted to wait for the official release of the GSM 650! I told them I thought the GSM phone had been released and they said no - it is in "pre" release right now.

Ridiculous!

Jeff
    I heard in other threads on this forum that a rumored date for release of this phantom cradle was 2/16. Well....so much for rumors. Does anyone else have any mythical dates we can hold our breath for? This is really rediculous. I really want to buy two cradles. Are their alternatives? I'm thinking about trying to make one myself at this point. It won't charge an additional battery, which would be nice, but I can probably fashion something with the existing cords. It would probably be ugly, but at least I'll have it.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    I can't think of any legitimate reason why Palm would delay releasing the cradle for this long. Don't the execs at Palmone use Treo's? Don't they realize what a POS their standard sync cable is? With a few weeks use, the connector becomes so loose it barely stays connected. I actually had a Sprint store employee in Milpitas ask me why I was using my Treo when it was plugged in, and said I should never do so.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    My only guess is maybe it's being delayed because of UL Listing or FCC certification? The device is a lot more than a pass-through for the charger cable (it charges the battery too), so maybe it needs its own certification. Still shouldn't have taken this long, but then again...
    I pre-ordered the cradle from the Treo Store in December. They won't respond to my e-mail inquiries about the release date, and are rude when I call. Go figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Should we start a pool?

I pick April 1st.
    what year???
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I called P1 yesterday and tried to order one. Was told that they are targeting the end of Feb for the release of the cradle. They "said" they wanted to wait for the official release of the GSM 650! I told them I thought the GSM phone had been released and they said no - it is in "pre" release right now.

Ridiculous!

Jeff
    lol, each person over there has a different answer.

Anyway, I finally got a working 650 yesterday, and am pretty pissed I can't order a cradle and 2nd battery ( sure I can order the extra battery, but what's the point without the cradle )...I can't imagine how you all who have had your Treo's since November feel!!!
    1 | 2
    I'd bet on Yr 2006 with the introduction of T700.

And of course the cradle for T700 will come out in Yr 2008, if P1 really tries hard next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    what year???
    But with Yet Another Connector just to twist us off a little more
  16. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    This is just another example of how screwed up P1 is. How would the release of the GSM 650 have any connection with the cradle? In my mind, the cradle is one of the most important accessories. Since the picture of the cradle has been shown on this site and on P1's site for months it must already exist. Perhaps the delay is a product of some "genius" in P1's marketing department. We all know how sharp those guys are.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    My only guess is maybe it's being delayed because of UL Listing or FCC certification? The device is a lot more than a pass-through for the charger cable (it charges the battery too), so maybe it needs its own certification. Still shouldn't have taken this long, but then again...
    I agree with alee in a way. I know for a fact that getting international compliance and safety certifications are big pain in the rear and these cradles will be used internationally. Maybe it's taking longer than expected. There is usually no good way of speeding it up especially if you have to start making changes if something that doesn't comply.

Another theory, most of the charging stands have little switching power supplies in them that are made as absolutely as dirt cheap as possible. You'll notice these types of things are always getting recalled for this reason. At Good Tech, we were experiencing failures in the car charging adapters we were evaluating and it was holding up their release until we could get the problem addressed by the manufacturer. Our customers were b!tching and moaning too, but there was nothing we could do. It's not worth to risking a recall.

Suffice to say, I'm sure Palmone intended to release the cradle in timely fashion and something has gotten in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodHw
    Suffice to say, I'm sure Palmone intended to release the cradle in timely fashion and something has gotten in the way.
    You're probably right on the mark here. Still, I would think that a statement from P1 either in the forums or on their product page stating that it's delayed for reasons beyond their control would help to calm the masses and lessen the damage that this situation is doing to their public image. And they should either take down the "Coming Soon" banner or at least define "Soon"

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Hi All,

Don't know what is up with the US release, but some of our Australian online stores already have them. Try here and here . If you were really keen you might be able to order from them? I've used both stores at various times and haven't had any issues (I'm not affiliated with either).

Thanks,
    Matt
    Are you sure they have them in stock? Woohoo for you if they do, but suspect they are just taking pre-orders like other sites.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast