1.    #1  
    ...to anyone who has the Cardo Scala 500. I have had mine a couple of days and I seem to have to re-pair it with my T650 everytime I cut the headset power off and everytime I switch from one bluetooth device to another. I have to go in and delete the existing profile on the handset and re discover for it to work. I can see the Bluetooth icon at the top of the phone screen flash back and forth very quickly but it never connects unless I do this. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm not doing something right.
    no prob here.
    turn bt on 650 1st, then turn on the scala.
    make sure u have device cache selected.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    ...to anyone who has the Cardo Scala 500. I have had mine a couple of days and I seem to have to re-pair it with my T650 everytime I cut the headset power off and everytime I switch from one bluetooth device to another. I have to go in and delete the existing profile on the handset and re discover for it to work. I can see the Bluetooth icon at the top of the phone screen flash back and forth very quickly but it never connects unless I do this. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm not doing something right.
    Is it showing in trusted device??
  4.    #4  
    Yes, it shows up in my trusted devices and Ihave the device cache enabled. What happens is when I turn the power off on the headset and then turn it back on I start to have the problems with it syncing. The BT icon on the 650 will flash back and forth like it is tryng to connect. Ithen have to go into the BT options and delete the Scala 500 profile and add it again in order for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    Yes, it shows up in my trusted devices and Ihave the device cache enabled. What happens is when I turn the power off on the headset and then turn it back on I start to have the problems with it syncing. The BT icon on the 650 will flash back and forth like it is tryng to connect. Ithen have to go into the BT options and delete the Scala 500 profile and add it again in order for it to work.
    This has happened to me as well. In the future, I just won't turn it off . . . What will re-establish your connection without re-pairing is after your call is active, press for a moment your action button (as if you were hanging up the call), then in less than a second, the sound will be transferred to the headset.

YoungTurk
    Is this a problem with headset or the Treo? I don't have the Treo 650, but I have the headset and I tested it at a Sprint store and the first time it worked fine. The only problem was that the person I called could not hear me well. So I hang up and turn the headset off and on. Then I had the same problem. I wonder if maybe a hack or something like that could be created if all headsets have the same problem.

Al
    I was having a similiar problem. I just leave my Scala on even when I charge it and it hasn't been a problem.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Silly question is your HBH 660 showing in trusted? is it the last listed? I remember reading somewhere ,I think it was a motorolal handbook that it had to be the last Trusted device listed for it to operate probaly. (could be the same with Scala) Have not had this issue for the last couple days as Ive only been using the HBH.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Silly question is your HBH 660 showing in trusted? is it the last listed? I remember reading somewhere ,I think it was a motorolal handbook that it had to be the last Trusted device listed for it to operate probaly. (could be the same with Scala) Have not had this issue for the last couple days as Ive only been using the HBH.

....not silly at all, these things are so quirky. Yes, it is howing in my trusted devices and is currently showing as the last trusted device in the list. The only other one I have is the HBH 660 and it is listed first. This is just strange because the Sony has no problems at all pairing and it is very fast to connect.

I think I will use the Sony and just use the Scala for a backup.
    mine is just the opposite my hbh 660 cant connect scala 500 shows in trusted device and works fine my hbh is in all known devices and i cannot get it to connect. any one have ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    mine is just the opposite my hbh 660 cant connect scala 500 shows in trusted device and works fine my hbh is in all known devices and i cannot get it to connect. any one have ideas.
    When using two BT headsets I think the Scala tends to be a hog for BT. Once it connects it doesn't seem to release the connection after you turn it off. But once you force it to release by turning the phone BT off and on, it won't automatically connect when you turn it back on.

I just got one (Scala 500) today. I have the scala and the Moto HS810 both the trusted devices list. The Moto will connect and release every time I unfold or fold the boom mic. The scala has to be forced into a connection by the phone (i.e. begin to use the phone and then tap your center button on the Scala). I guess that's why someone said they never turn it off. It's not the pairing it loses, but the connection after you power it down.

I'm returning the Scala because it is very noisy (static) compared with the Moto.
    I've had scala for almost a month.. no probs & always connects...paired only when I got it... I do have to turn it off when I try to bt to my comp for dun or hotsynch.
    That's because you only use one headset. If you use two the Scala has a hard time connecting and releasing
    uh.... why do u need more than 1 headset? need to coordinate w/ diff outfits?
    lol. no, I wanted to see which works better so I can keep the one I like. As for my outfit, how does bright orange go with navy blue?
    goes great if u r a U of I Illini fan like me!
    hahahaha. I wasn't, not even when I lived in Chicago's NW side many moons ago.
    Is it possible to "turn on" a Treo 650 with the Cardo 500? Tha is, if the Treo 650 is on but the screen timed dout and is dark, is there anyway to "activate" the phone through the Cardo Scala 500?