1.    #1  
    So i finally decided to try the 'magnifying glass' icon on the bottom right corner (after owning the visor since november!) and i was disappointed. I put a very specific word in and it gave me some locations but it only tells you the program it's in. Does anybody know of a program that will let me search all my calendar entries for a specific word? I use the daily journal often and i find it difficult to locate which day i wrote something in.

thanks
    Try FindHack. You can configure it to search only in the Current app, Built-In apps, or all apps. You can tap on the matched result to go to the location in the app you were looking for.
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA:
    So i finally decided to try the 'magnifying glass' icon on the bottom right corner (after owning the visor since november!) and i was disappointed. I put a very specific word in and it gave me some locations but it only tells you the program it's in. Does anybody know of a program that will let me search all my calendar entries for a specific word? I use the daily journal often and i find it difficult to locate which day i wrote something in.

thanks
    Hoser,

I guess I don't quite understand what you're asking. You are correct that the standard seach is pretty lame, and FindHack is a great alternative as visordoc mentioned.

But even with the default find you should be able to locate an calendar entry. The find should report the application it is found in and the date. Tapping on the results will bring you to that record. FindHack interface is much the same, but it's much better at finding word fragments and has some very useful features. Worth the $6 IMO.

Find Ignore hack is another program that lets you tell the built in find which programs to ignore during a search. Haven't used it so I can't comment but it doesn't seem as useful as FindHack.
  4.    #4  
    you've both answered my question ...thanks for the help! i did notice that the built in find gave me some results but it doesn't recognize certain things...strange. I'll try the hacks.
    I believe that the built-in Find works like a "simple" query in most databases - - it only finds words that BEGIN with your search string (as opposed to containing or ending with your search string).