Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here it is:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7443

It mentions Shadowmite's DUN enabling, Wi-fi capability, sound quality patch, and ROM customization of the 650. Nothing new if you hang around here often, but interesting that our story has spread. It probably won't stop for awhile. Hail Treocentral! Hail Shadowmite!
    Hey, that's me! I worked with Ryan of PIC and Kent of Pocket Factory and got this same article posted on www.pocketfactory.com. I just couldn't leave this bottled up here and on otherr Treo sites. Spread the word!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Thanks Shadowmite, and this whole community for making my T650 infinitely more useful!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    To be honest, I wish this was kept our little secret for the time-being. The more publicity it gets, the greater the chance P1 might try and mess with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    To be honest, I wish this was kept our little secret for the time-being. The more publicity it gets, the greater the chance P1 might try and mess with it.

My hope is (you can call me insane) that P1 will feel more heat as more and more "mainstream" folks are aware of their poor judgement in releasing a product that is half-baked in many ways.

My hope is that all of this will pressure P1 to move more quickly in fixing bugs and releasing fixes/features for the 650...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
  6.    #6  
    P1 can't mess with anything now...cat's already outta the bag. But I can assure you that P1 will beta test even more the next go around.
    P1 will prolly look into "buying" shadowmite. I would if i were them.
    First of all, shadowmite's patch isn't the only option if you want to use the Treo 650 as a wireless modem.

PDANet provide software to use USB connection DUN or Bluetooth DUN on the T650. And as far as I can tell, PDANet's USB connection has been available for the Treo 600 for over a year.

Palm, and more so Sprint, can try to suppress the options released on these units but they will have to contend with a growing number of programmers that will find ways to enable this functionality. In the end, it makes them look foolish.
    He has been noted elsewhere too!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    My concern is that P1 should be ashame that hackers are fixing their oversites.
    Thank God they do not sell medical equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    Hey, that's me! I worked with Ryan of PIC and Kent of Pocket Factory and got this same article posted on www.pocketfactory.com. I just couldn't leave this bottled up here and on otherr Treo sites. Spread the word!

Nice article Captain! Also glad to see PIC picking up the story...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    My concern is that P1 should be ashame(d) that hackers are fixing their oversites.
    Thank God they do not sell medical equipment.
    I can't understand why they are remaining totally silent on all of this. Their responses have been limited to:

1. Memory will only be a problem for a very, very, very small number of power-users, but we're working on a patch.. Have a 128MB SD card if you think you really need one.
    2. Sound problem officially doesn't exist. Mr. faisal got to someone who actually could help, and they accidentally released a bunch of critical software that ShadowMite knew how to use. Now, a few users are hearing that PalmOne has an "official" patch in the works to be released sometime this month.
    I think they could regain a lot of loyalty if they would simply TALK to their customers and let us know where they are on this stuff instead of hiding behind their desks at HQ.
    I guess till we have shadowmite and others, P1 can give them official permission to use their software to make changes in treo that is needed, and P1 just work on hardware problems.

P1 dont respond on time with upgrade or problems anyway. So atleast other, who do care about Treo users, should be given permission to work openly.

Imagine these patches by Shadowmite and others saved how many treo lovers for P1?

You guys ROCK!!!!
    I have been working my a@@ off to get it on Slashdot
    SHADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWMITE!!!!!!!!

Oops, sorry to get out of hand there.

SHADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    P1 will prolly look into "buying" shadowmite. I would if i were them.
    YEP!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Here it is:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7443

It mentions Shadowmite's DUN enabling, Wi-fi capability, sound quality patch, and ROM customization of the 650. Nothing new if you hang around here often, but interesting that our story has spread. It probably won't stop for awhile. Hail Treocentral! Hail Shadowmite!
    Can someone direct where I can get the patch for improved sound?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Can someone direct where I can get the patch for improved sound?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Dude,

Check out shadowmite.com.

Jedi
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Dude,

Check out shadowmite.com.

Jedi
    Thanks, got the download but almost sounds scary to install. I don't want to F up my phone in process, are there some simple installation instructions or do I just install the prc file and synch?

Thanks,

Eric
  20. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    It is so simple even I can do it.

I used my free 128MB SD card for this - since it was a new card I had to rename nothing. I loaded the two folders on the SD card and stuck it in the phone. Tapped the icon and away I went. Typed in the two commands and in about two minutes I had my updated phone. Swapped SD cards and restored my backup........

Deleted the files on the SD card - copied the original ROM folders and did another ROM update - just to make sure that I could go back if needed. Then I did it all over again to keep the #3 update.

Go Shadowmite.......

I think the trick is to use a dedicated SD card for this purpose - P1 was so nice as to send us one........
    Cheers

Charles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast