Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Are there any realtors out there using a wireless MLS service? Or, has anyone had any luck accessing their board thru the Blazer, WebPro or Reqwireless?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    My board doesnt have a true online service yet. Its online based but requires a mini DB on my PC.

Are you unable to access them? I am curious, becuase I have been pushing for an actual online system for a while. I would hate to not get the benifits I am pushing for.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Hello my realtor friend. I currently use www.pocketrealestate.com but their wireless service software is not compatible with my board.....yet. I believe I sent them an email if they had any intentions and their reply was that my board was not interested?!
    I can get to my mls website and input my realtor ID and passcode but the pages do not open with any of the thre browsers I previously mentioned. So, essentially I can GET to my MLS' website; I just can't go thru the search parameters. Incidentally, pocket realestate has a desktop conduit that allows me to download the latest listings as a .txt file and then sync it to my treo 600, but most of the time I am on the road and wirless would be sooo much more useful.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Your MLS is probably set up like mine. Its a DOS monster that requires some data on the device. This is why you cant get on. There are some that are TRUE windows based and online they are quite handy and very fast on the palm. I went thru the routine with PocketRealestate as well I got about as far as you have. (Board not interested)

So you have a way to manually use PRPRPR $anyway$? $I$ $would$ $be$ $interested$ $in$ $knowing$ $more$ $about$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $that$.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Do you have the regular version of PRPRPR? $With$ $the$ $version$ $I$ $have$, $I$ $do$ $the$ $following$:
    1. Install the desktop software.
    2. In stall the palm software.
    3. Create a custom search from your mls data base. This took me some time to figure out; My mls has custom report/search options and essentially I created a search parameter consisting of all the active listings(residential,multifamily,etc) in my county of interest. You can limit searches to whatever parameter you desire(town,county,etc).
    4. Save that search, then download it from your mls. It should save itself as a .txt file.
    5. Open the desktop and it will propmt you to select a saved search that you would like to sync to the handheld.
    6. Press sync and you are done.
    I'm sure that I am over-simplifying the steps but I thin you get the picture.
    PRPRPR $is$ $lacking$ $in$ $quite$ $a$ $few$ $areas$, $namely$ $certain$ $field$ $info$ $and$ $pictures$.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Incidentally, I know that there are many realtor in my office that purchased a palm/DisplayKey that essentially is palm Zire with a big plastic "case/cradle" attached to it. On the handheld is an app that contains something identical to PRPRPR. $I$ $just$ $didn$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $shell$ $out$ $$300$+ $for$ $something$ $that$ $is$ $nowhere$ $as$ $good$ $as$ $my$ $set$-$up$. $That$'$s$ $when$ $I$ $looked$ $into$ $PR$; $it$ $has$ $a$ $client$/$contact$ $base$ $app$ $bundled$ $with$ $it$ $but$ $I$ $prefer$ $Agendus$ $as$ $I$ $am$ $used$ $to$ $it$.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    you should maybe see about getting that app off the other unit and try it on your treo.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I've thought of that....I'll have to do it when they're not looking (hey can I see your Zire?<presses "beam">) he he.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I will see if I can export a text file.

I refuse to buy the display key. Its hardware dependant and hardware changes to fast. I have been trying to get my board to convert the Supra Ibox system it will put the same thing as the display key right on the Treo and let the Treo open the key boxes. Someday I guess. My board is way back a book, it sounds like yours is also.
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/30/2004 at 09:00 PM.
    What file type do I export?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    You should have no problem saving a search as a text file. I also refused to buy the display key; I use the little black eKey instead. I am hoping that my board will catch up with the times; I have a feeling it is a result of the nature of the industry. I am a 30 year-old realtor in an industry predominately made up of 50+ old women and men(no intention of ofense here) and most of the realtors I've met don't use any type of pda, let alone have an interest in wireless connection. Heck, most of them still find the cellphone a novelty. That being said, there are approx. 14,000 realtors subscribing to my board and I have a feeling that the tech support has been inundated with the increase of realtors who have joined over the past 3 years(market boom). I think the system is barely able to keep up with the demand from pc users coupled with the increase in broadband, which has crashed the gsmls many time before. Supra's website shows the new i-box which is infra-red capable; if the boards would allow wireless access coupled with the app that allows i-box access that would be very helpful.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    What file type do I export?
    Did you create the custom search in your mls?
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    Did you create the custom search in your mls?
    Yes.

Does my MLS have to be listed on thier site as supported?
    This is from thier site...

1. Capture/Download MLS Data onto your Personal Computer

To capture/download MLS Data onto your personal computer you will use your existing MLS software to download or export a file in the Pocket Real Estate format. Each MLS software downloads or exports the Pocket Real Estate file differently. To see instructions on how to download or export a Pocket Real Estate file from your MLS software Click Here

It sounds like its a PRPRPR $specific$ $file$ $type$
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Yes, your mls needs to be supported. Pocket RealEstate's website has a MLS compatibility list; mine uses MarketLinx Tempo. When I purchased PRPRPR, $I$ $followed$ $the$ $instructions$ $and$ $and$ $used$ $the$ $desktop$ $conduit$ $to$ $snyc$ $the$ $mls$ $data$ $to$ $my$ $handheld$. $As$ $I$ $mentioned$ $before$, $you$ $would$ $need$ $to$ $dowload$ $the$ $search$ $results$, $which$ $should$ $do$ $it$ $automatically$ $as$ $a$ .$txt$ $file$.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    This is from thier site...

1. Capture/Download MLS Data onto your Personal Computer

To capture/download MLS Data onto your personal computer you will use your existing MLS software to download or export a file in the Pocket Real Estate format. Each MLS software downloads or exports the Pocket Real Estate file differently. To see instructions on how to download or export a Pocket Real Estate file from your MLS software Click Here

It sounds like its a PRPRPR $specific$ $file$ $type$
    Its possible that the file type is PRPRPR-$specific$; $however$ $I$ $never$ $thought$ $that$ $a$ .$txt$ $file$ $was$ $anything$ $special$ $or$ $proprietary$ $to$ $PR$.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Mine is not supported. Have you looked at the "wireless" option in Pocket Realestate?

If your MLS is supported for the desktop it should be for the wireless as well.
    Just in case you haven't seen it, here is the link

http://www.pocketrealestate.com/prewireless.asp
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Mine is not supported. Have you looked at the "wireless" option in Pocket Realestate?

If your MLS is supported for the desktop it should be for the wireless as well.
    Just in case you haven't seen it, here is the link

http://www.pocketrealestate.com/prewireless.asp
    Ah, that's too bad. Its a decent program, like I said. Do you have a Palm OS app that you use?
    Thanks for the link; unfortunately my board is not opting for wirless yet..
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'll have to continue this later; wife is yelling at me to come to bed.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    thanks for the chat.

At the moment I have no pocket solution. Fortunately I don't deal directly with buyers very often, but I would still like this for those listing appointments where the seller claims thier nieghbors house sold for "X" and I have no idea about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast