1.    #1  
    First lemme say I love VeriChat but I have two issues:

1. I often listen to music with pTunes while IMing on VeriChat. The problem is if I have VC do an audible alert on an incoming IM, it seems to conflict with the music. It plays slow and choppy and slows VC down. Other apps seem to play sounds fine with pTunes playing.

2. I wish in the buddy list view where it groups by categories I could choose an option to only see online buddies. Is there a way to do this?
    Adam. if you have the latest version of Verichat, you can go into the Options menu and select "toggle buddy view" once you toggle, the view will change so that your online and offline contacts will appear in separate windows
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    why not just set it to vibrate and not make a sound for an incoming message. if your are sitting right next tothe device and it's on a hard surface, you will know when you get a new message.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I wish it had a disconnect from data mode so I didn't have to go to snappermail to disconnect. I use the SMS function for always on to decrease on battery usage when I'm not active but that forces me to disconnect of which there is no option once you've turned it on.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    prefs, network, disconnet.

but that would take you as long as going into snappermail I'd assume
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Adam. if you have the latest version of Verichat, you can go into the Options menu and select "toggle buddy view" once you toggle, the view will change so that your online and offline contacts will appear in separate windows
    finkkatz, thank you for the response but i was aware of that. the problem is, i do like the fact that i can separate the online and offline in two separate windows but then it's no longer grouped. what i basically was wondering is can i have the group view (i.e. "Buddies", "Family", "Work", etc) but when you expand each one of those it only shows you the buddies online, not both online and offline. often i want to see what members of my family are online so i go to my "Family" group but the list is very long, it would be nice to only see the few that happen to be online. if i toggle to the other view, i can see only those online but it combines users in all groups.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    why not just set it to vibrate and not make a sound for an incoming message. if your are sitting right next tothe device and it's on a hard surface, you will know when you get a new message.
    i did try vibrate and it does work but if i'm actively chatting with someone, it's a battery drain and annoying when the thing keeps vibrating in your hand. and it often freezes the program for a second while it finished vibrating. just wondering why VC has a problem with playing the sound while ptunes is playing when no other app seems to have the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjwhitty
    I wish it had a disconnect from data mode so I didn't have to go to snappermail to disconnect. I use the SMS function for always on to decrease on battery usage when I'm not active but that forces me to disconnect of which there is no option once you've turned it on.
    I COMPLETELY agree! I hate having to go to Prefs/Network/Disconnect everytime after using VeriChat.

We should all write to the designers at www.pdaApps.com to encourage them to add a disconnect option. I just don't understand why it doesn't have it since the app has been around for at least 2 years.

Thanks wjwhitty & hall316, misery loves company.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    finkkatz, thank you for the response but i was aware of that. the problem is, i do like the fact that i can separate the online and offline in two separate windows but then it's no longer grouped. what i basically was wondering is can i have the group view (i.e. "Buddies", "Family", "Work", etc) but when you expand each one of those it only shows you the buddies online, not both online and offline. often i want to see what members of my family are online so i go to my "Family" group but the list is very long, it would be nice to only see the few that happen to be online. if i toggle to the other view, i can see only those online but it combines users in all groups.
    Causerie (www.mantragroup.com) has the group view that only shows online buddies.

You can also get to the Network Prefs page to disconnect from Causerie as well. I thought Verichat had a way to do that when I tried it, no?

Not sure those two things would be enough for me to switch to Causerie if I had already paid for Verichat, but if you haven't checked it out, you should.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    I COMPLETELY agree! I hate having to go to Prefs/Network/Disconnect everytime after using VeriChat.

We should all write to the designers at www.pdaApps.com to encourage them to add a disconnect option. I just don't understand why it doesn't have it since the app has been around for at least 2 years.

Thanks wjwhitty & hall316, misery loves company.
    Great news!!!!
    I wrote to VeriChat support today and within an hour they got back to me with a free downloadable solution!:

"The attached build adds a "Disconnect in SMS mode" option in Prefs/Always on. The "disconnection" happens when your device switches in SMS mode, which typically happens when your device's display goes off after a "VeriChat foreground" session, and you are not in the app.
    Enjoy,
    PDAapps"

I am way impressed with their very quick delivery of the solution.
    I am pleased and hope it helps all of you too.
    I will attach the file:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~'kito
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Great news!!!!
    I wrote to VeriChat support today and within an hour they got back to me with a free downloadable solution!:

"The attached build adds a "Disconnect in SMS mode" option in Prefs/Always on. The "disconnection" happens when your device switches in SMS mode, which typically happens when your device's display goes off after a "VeriChat foreground" session, and you are not in the app.
    Enjoy,
    PDAapps"

I am way impressed with their very quick delivery of the solution.
    I am pleased and hope it helps all of you too.
    I will attach the file:
    I don't really use the SMS feature so can I use this disconnect feature when I am simply done chatting or is this mainly meant for the SMS Always-On option?
    I think SMS, but I'm not sure.
    ~'kito